Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Andykempster's profile photo

Sleeves

Look At Your Box Andykempster

 
Posted

Does anyone else keep a stash of random sleeves to match them up to records when possible?

5956BB96-3962-45AA-985F-C27C12BFCAC5.jpeg

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Yes- I probably have close to 1000. I like having the 45's in their "birth sleeves" !

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, AndyKempster said:

Does anyone else keep a stash of random sleeves to match them up to records when possible?

5956BB96-3962-45AA-985F-C27C12BFCAC5.jpeg

I do.  I still have probably a couple thousand company sleeves from the '50s, '60s, and beginning of The '70s, waiting for new (old) records I might get.  But, I've only added a handful since the early 1990s.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Hi 

Yes but don't have lots, will buy them at the right price when they come up for sale, have been  known to purchase a record just to have the sleeve with it.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I've got a bunch of UK ones - would be happy to trade for US ones I need...

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I keep a big box of assorted yank and Aussie ones, some British...

always looking for certain sleeves though, especially good quality Aussie, Astor, Atlantic (Green), Festival (Blue Logo) and W&G, but must be the correct sleeves for their import series... :-)

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Guest\
Posted

Yes I keep good looking sleeves.  But I don't put my records in them.  Maybe I will someday!

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I always match the sleeves up where I can, have to keep your eye on making sure they are the right ones for the right era of that label though, adds another element of fun to collecting 👍👍

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, AndyKempster said:

I always match the sleeves up where I can, have to keep your eye on making sure they are the right ones for the right era of that label though, adds another element of fun to collecting 👍👍

You probably already know this (but some on here might not) but this site is very helpful...

https://web.archive.org/web/20110519023955/http://45-sleeves.com/index.html

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 03/06/2019 at 19:35, Soul-Slider said:

You probably already know this (but some on here might not) but this site is very helpful...

https://web.archive.org/web/20110519023955/http://45-sleeves.com/index.html

It’s always a go to site for me and very helpful👍

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.