Searching For That Record

Guest Pure Soul Paul

Guest Pure Soul Paul

A while back I read about a Jazz DJ who finally got his hands on the record he had been constantly searching for!....how long, it took him 23 years! It was a very good read, the hours spent searching the web/phoning artists,the states/dj's/records shops etc.....felt truly happy for the guy!hah...

Anyone had a journey like that searching for 'that rare soul record'?? best feeling in the world when it appears in your hands/door step i bet!!!

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A while back I read about a Jazz DJ who finally got his hands on the record he had been constantly searching for!....how long, it took him 23 years! It was a very good read, the hours spent searching the web/phoning artists,the states/dj's/records shops etc.....felt truly happy for the guy!hah...

Anyone had a journey like that searching for 'that rare soul record'?? best feeling in the world when it appears in your hands/door step i bet!!!

Still searchin`for it,when i find it i`ll post it up.........about 7years now,and i cant tell anybody till i find it,i cant wait to find it,i have scoured the net,nothin`.........blenty of records by her/him/them,but not the one i want,and deffo`will be covered up when i get it.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Not 'rare' as such but too 'hard to acquire' cheapies.

Took me a long time to get hold of JB Ledbetter and Victoria Williams - Show some sign - Verve. Never seemed to see it anywhere (or kept getting out bid on ebay), then once i'd got one it was everywhere. :thumbsup:

Today The Gems - Can't You Take a Hint - Chess came through the door. I haven't heard it for twenty four years since Stafford, ever, anywhere, even on the internet, but it's always been in my head. Now i have it. Hearing it again on the turntable after all these years was amazing. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert