Nialations

Soulfulsolutions

Very rare and obscure sweet soul infused Northern dancer up for grabs…..

PM any questions or to reserve.

SOLD - Nialations – Every time / I’ll take you just as you come – BRC 105 Ex £500 - SOLD

A division of the Brunswick conglomerate BRC (Brunswick Record Corporation) was created to provide new artists with an opportunity to sell themselves and make it to the main label imprint. BRC covered the more productive Wales Wallace of Bashie and Dakar fame, and the lesser known Promises and the Eliminators amongst others who didn’t quite make it. It’s unfortunate that the Nialations only appear to have these 2 recordings against their name anywhere on record, although the flip “I’ll take you” does appear on a 1977 Sound Investment – Brunswick LP, so maybe they had a resurgence under a different name or it was covered, but nothing more than that.

Credited both as writer and producer Alonzo Tucker was actually quite prolific, not only as a guitarist, but a singer songwriter, appearing on several labels from Detroit, Chicago and New York. His early career in Hank Ballard’s group the Midnighters and collaborations with the awesome Jackie Wilson, writing some of his early 60s hits saw him become and established player at Brunswick. Maybe it was the latter relationship that opened the door for the Promises to record the brilliant cover of Jackie’s “this love is real”?

More common is the same flip stereo / mono release of “I’ll take you” but it is “Every time” that’s the pick of the pair and only shows up on the rarer 2-sider once in a blue moon. The surface is in lovely shape, just the occasional light paper sleeve lines. Spectacularly colourful and clean labels. The last I saw was in G / Vg-, so it may be some time before another high grade copy shows up.

Happy for paypal friends or add 4%, alternatively I can send bank details.

Postage is £7.50 special delivery, fully insured.

Overseas on request.

Cheers, Lee

BRC5.thumb.jpg.eb40a9f5aeb634b46885e959ae9e223f.jpg Nialations - Every time.mp3

BRC1.thumb.jpg.01c240a097fe8cfec8146ddd2d978361.jpg BRC2.thumb.jpg.bbb16ea430d9ecbaff902d5dfd845ade.jpg

BRC3.jpg.db0e105e584284dc5dd845a67beea343.jpg BRC4.thumb.jpg.391330e4ecb33c8f84c14446a0b50fc2.jpg

Edited by Soulfulsolutions
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!