Rare and indemanders

Liljimmycrank

Got a small grip or rare and in demand bits for sale. Listed on other sites so will update as quick as poss, and a couple sold before posting here. Sound clip mix on the link at the bottom. The ledgers and Florida spiritualaires in the mix are no longer for sale (ledgers could be for a big offer). 

Post is extra, so let me know preferred method. 

Azza

CHARLES LAMONT - I'VE GOT TO KEEP MOVING
CHALLENGE (DEMO) 
VG+, £200..... SOLD!! 
Absolute powerhouse 60s soul on this excellent label. One for the dancefloor
Plays though no probs, loud and clean.

PETER PREWITT - U. A
PRIVATE LABEL
Ex-, £275...... SOLD!! 
Superb up tempo 70s dancer that has always been a tough find. A touch on the obscure side, but the musicianship is excellent and I kinda like the quirky arrangement. Definitely a test on the dancing legs!!
Other than one noticeable mark, it's in nice condition.

ALL AGES - GOING HOME
A&A
VG, £180
Another 70s / modern stormer that's doesn't come up for sale often.
Graded vg as seems a bit distorted in the first 20 seconds, but clears up nicely after that. Priced to reflect this, listen for yourself.

CIX BITS BAND - I CAN'T TURN MYSELF AROUND
HAZE
EX+, £250..... SOLD!! 
Rare modern soul and in pristine condition. Doubt you'll find a cleaner one any time soon and a bargain price.

CLYDE MILTON - I'D RATHER LEAVE ON MY FEET
DISCO-TAC
VG++, £165.... SOLD!! 
Evergreen modern soul, and the best version out there. Many of the copies out there are beat up but this is in nice condition, a few marks but plays great. Still popular.

PIONEERS - MY GOOD FRIEND JAMES
MERCURY
EX-, £150
Another stone cold classic modern/70s slice that still sounds fresh and does the business.
Slight edge chip on run in groove stops this being graded higher, playing surface in great shape. Comes with company sleeve.

F. J. JONES - GONE AND FOUND ANOTHER / PUT IT ON THE LINE
P. S. RECORDS
EX, £700...... ON HOLD!! 
Outstanding double side and a total contrast between them..... One sublime crossover cut, the other an uptempo funky dancer that seems to have taken of in the funky edge soul clubs.
This is the much rarer first release with tram line plain yellow  label JG-31170. Other variants have either just 'put it on the line' or both (diff take of 'gone and found' ). This is the one to have though, very rare and a tough find. Playing surface is really clean and hardly a noticeable mark on it. 
I stuck the funky side at the end of the sales clip mix. 

FOUR GENTS - YOUNG GIRLS BEWARE
ONCORE
VG, £140..... SOLD!! 
Looks a bit rough, but plays way better. Half the price of a clean copy, great group soul crossover sound.

THAT - ALL I NEED
BOBBY FULTON ENTERPRISE
EX, £200
Lovely 70s/modern dancer that doesn't seem well known. On a private press. Did get a wider release but totally different version. 
Genuine rare, and top condition. Check it out if you don't know it. 

Listen to Soul_Mix_Sales3 by DrivingBeat_Azza on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/2a6E1

Edited by Liljimmycrank
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now