Offers

Sound files available on request, PM any questions or to place an offer.

Silhouettes – Not me baby – Goodway 101 Promo NM OFFERS / SOLD

It’s a fact that this 45 wasn’t released to sell on the open market and was simply used to promote the reinvention of this Philly doo-wop group, known mainly for their 1958 chart topper “Get a job”. The album titled “The Original and New Silhouettes” featured previous recordings by original members, including lead Bill Horton of Kayden label fame, and 3 new recordings by a mix of old and new members, including a “John Bootsie Wilson” vocal lead on “Not me baby” before he slipped back into the same obscurity associated with so many unheralded Northern artists.

The 45 is a legacy of the intent to promote the New Silhouettes and kick start careers, and only available as a packaged insert in the album sleeve. It’s rarity was cemented even further through its production and marketing by Goodway, a printing company, rather than any well-known record publishing group, like Bell where it was recorded. It’s this typical down on your luck storyline and the style of music of course that resonates with Northern fans all over the world, making it one of a select bunch that still has DJs and collectors scouring the world for to the present day and beyond. Near Mint copy on the mesmeric blue and green swirl labels, LUSH! Minimum £1700.

IMG_E0208.thumb.JPG.ef88b821e1c858dfce902538195ec4b4.JPG

IMG_E0209.thumb.JPG.028f9dcb4ac969dbe0ed07858d227b4d.JPG

PayPal as friends or add 4% please or I can send bank details

Postage:

£10.65 – Special Delivery (Fully Insured up to £2500)

Overseas on Request

Edited by Soulfulsolutions
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now