Record storage in da house?

Bunderthollox
Go to solution Solved by Seano,

All shelving and units etc becomes a pain if you come to recarpet or decorate. Personally I prefer lockable flight cases made by good companies like Swann or 5 star cases. Beware of some brands that have hinges riveted into the board rather than having rivets into the aluminium edge extrusion as it should be.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

I've got Kallax 1x4's for LPs (around 8 of them as I don't trust the stability of the other combinations), for my 45s I keep them in swanflight cases for the majority (15 200 boxes plus some 100 boxes) but also have storage from 1-qubes (don't think they exist any more) that take around 150 45s each and I've got 7 or 8 of them 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, Chalky said:

Ikea billy bookcase is ideal or really useful box

Ive used the 'Billy'  they had em in yellow a few years back, which looked cool... remmeber to geta  few extra shelves pieces though as rthey only supply 4/5, you will need more if you want ceiling to floor.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mal C said:

Ive used the 'Billy'  they had em in yellow a few years back, which looked cool... remmeber to geta  few extra shelves pieces though as rthey only supply 4/5, you will need more if you want ceiling to floor.

I just need to get one extra shelf for the last one I got, bout 7 feet high or so

18 hours ago, Bunderthollox said:

Look spot on that Chalky is it the one with doors or without? 

billy?  without doors, easier access

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Seano said:

I went for the Really Useful boxes with the deeper lids so that you can store singles and larger boxes, again with the deep lids, for albums / 12". Bought some plywood to put shelves into the alcoves giving just enough space between to slip the boxes in.

1800058646_Recordboxesonshelves.thumb.JPG.4aa2044e193ef9ab3804ba56d47e6a76.JPG

Not sure what happened to that photo....

Record boxes on shelves.JPG

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 months later...
On 13/02/2022 at 21:13, Zanetti said:

USM Haller. The 45s are also protected from dust if it is a closed system.

I have replaced the metal front with a plexiglass panel. I like it very much

What kind of configuration? I'm hunting for USM for LP storage these days, but would like them for 45s too if they can be made to fit in a good way.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!