Soulutions Boootleg

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Is there anything that hasn't been carved that is in the public domain?

I wonder like you and putting "carver" stops the Ebay robots from spotting it and removing it from sale

Discogs can't keep up either boots being listed for sale against the original listings and people buying them

I can't even get off or on my high horse to keep up with all this

Social source share

2 hours ago, Brummie said:

he must have added that after i sent him a message telling him that this is an unofficial release

You have done the right thing, but be careful, I reported a bootleg and as I mentioned the word, the robots suspended me for using it. I had to fight to be reinstated, the whole system is useless and they are condoning these sales without possibly meaning to

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 27/05/2022 at 17:36, Brummie said:

he must have added that after i sent him a message telling him that this is an unofficial release

It was actually listed as a carver from the off, I had an email alert as soon as it was posted by the seller

Social source share

On 27/05/2022 at 19:51, Blackpoolsoul said:

I wonder like you and putting "carver" stops the Ebay robots from spotting it and removing it from sale

Discogs can't keep up either boots being listed for sale against the original listings and people buying them

I can't even get off or on my high horse to keep up with all this

it is always been the case if you use boot/bootleg the sale will get pulled.  EMI, 70s pressing and carver are the words of choice or something similar, even not original.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

53 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

All you have to do Dave is go to the submitted item and report the item (Not actual item) and it will be removed from sale.

Ye usually they get blocked but what I’m saying is why dumplings submit them to start with. Unless their aim is to sell the shoddy item immediately before it gets blocked

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

Ye usually they get blocked but what I’m saying is why dumplings submit them to start with. Unless their aim is to sell the shoddy item immediately before it gets blocked

Some people "may" list the in error (lack of knowledge, everyone now wants to be a dealer), but I suspect that some dealers may be trying to pull the wool and just listing them to sell them.

Good news is that Discogs only accepts Paypal (which may annoy some) and the buyer has up to 180 days to get the purchase overturned and their money back.

Ebay ditched Paypal for payments, so I doubt there is any thing a buyer can do

Facebook has an alternative (For bootlegs) page to avoid Discogs for selling boots

Where there is a bootleg "there is a way" it seems and it is dismal, poor practice and sad, as I have been saying for years.

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

bootlegs and reissues have been pretty much sold since the scene was in its infancy.. i dont really have a problem with guys who want to sell them them or collect them.. not everyone can afford £100 for a record and while i dont collect them myself i do sell em if i buy them cheap enough. its the misleading listings and submitting of what is a one off carver in discogs that irritates me 

Edited by Dave Pinch
Social source share

3 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

bootlegs and reissues have been pretty much sold since the scene was in its infancy.. i dont really have a problem with guys who want to sell them them or collect them.. not everyone can afford £100 for a record and while i dont collect them myself i do sell em if i buy them cheap enough. its the misleading listings and submitting of what is a one off carver in discogs that irritates me 

Discogs is now littered with sales history, messing up the history, of sold bootlegs on the Original label submissions.

I have had to add 100's of listings to my wants lists just to try and spot the incorrect listings and it is doing my nut in trying to keep my eye on it and I don't get paid !!!

Social source share

33 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Discogs is now littered with sales history, messing up the history, of sold bootlegs on the Original label submissions.

I have had to add 100's of listings to my wants lists just to try and spot the incorrect listings and it is doing my nut in trying to keep my eye on it and I don't get paid !!!

i`m trying to give up working for free and now charge 15%.. doesnt stop me being bombarded daily by guys asking me to price things up for them tho 🤣

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!