RARETOONES LIST 4 - IDOLS, EXPLOSIONS, MATADORS & MORE!!

Rare Toones

RARE TOONES – SET SALE 4

All of these rare 45’S are available on a first come, first serve basis. There are some great cheaper end jewels, seldom seen rarities and a few more great 60’s and 70’snewies in this batch. Look very closely and Good Hunting!

Grading: M / M- / VG+ / VG / VG-
UK Postage: Special Delivery £8.50
International Postage: Tracked & Signed £14.00
Payment: PayPal, Bank Transfer
E-mail: raretoones@gmail.com
Tel: 07951 600068

💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️     💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️.    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙     ❤️    💙    ❤️  

PHYLLIS HYMAN        YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME        ARISTA            M           £30
One of the great modern soul classics which packed floors across the country back in the late 70’s/80’s courtesy of Sam, Richard, et al. This is a pristine copy.

NATE ADAMS            WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG        ATLANTIC        M-         £150
Totally awesome double. Two great sides, a solid northern on the fours dancer with a building crossover anthem on the flip, perfect for today’s sound.

CHAUMONTS            I NEED YOUR LOVE/LOVE IS THE THING    BAY SOUND        M-         £250
Two cracking northern soul sides on this in-demand Baltimore release. Highly recommended.

OCCASIONS            THERE’S NO YOU                BIG JIM            M-           £30
Mid-tempo magic, just as it should be. 

ELLIS, PICKFORD & COFFEY    REACH RIGHT OUT            CAL            VG+         £400
Rare and obscure LA release. Catchy late 60’s crossover dancer, with bags of potential.

PAT JOHNSON            GIVE ME A HELPING HAND        CAP TOWN        VG+          £300
Brilliant dancer, funky edged, under the radar and a tough one. Lovely copy with light biro signature of Pat on the flip, which is an in-demand lowrider ballad. Highly recommended and one to watch.

MATADORS            SAY YES BABY                CHAVIS            M-       £1,000
Stunning top drawer rarity out of Delaware from the James Chavis/Candi/Mello stable of labels. 

SATANS            IT MUST BE LOVE                GEM            M           £200
Group soul dripping with heartfelt licks. A hard one in stone mint condition.

BLENDERS            CAUSE I LOVE YOU            LE SAGE              VG+         £400
Here is another obscure male group northern release. All the quality you could want, haunting group vocals and totally danceable melodies. A very rare record in exceptional condition.

EXPLOSIONS            HOT STEPPIN/I SEEM TO BE CRYING    LU BET            VG+         £1,200
This ultra-rare, down and dirty street funk rarity just tears it up. Awesome and rare in the extreme. Almost M- save a few marks to vinyl.  

THREE JADES            I CARE FOR YOU                MAURCI            M-         £500
One of the heavyweights of sheer midtempo group soul. A beautiful copy of this stunning mid-tempo dancer.

MARVIN SMITH        WHO WILL DO YOUR RUNNING NOW    MAYFIELD        VG+           £100
A timeless classic in gorgeous condition. Packs the floors every time. 

LEDGENDS            HIDEOUT/TELL ME BABY            MICKAYS        M-            £350
Very rare and elusive Detroit group dancer. Beautiful mid-tempo release dripping with hooks, harmonies and step change spins. Make no mistake, this is a seriously hard toone find.

MADELINE BELL        PICTURE ME GONE            MOD            M-             £50
Classic northern anthem and so nice on this original promo label.

MONZAS            YOU KNOW YOU TURN ME ON        MOON            VG         £500
It’s dancefloor action all the way with this awesome jam packed dancer, from Arthur Smiths legendary Carolina studio which brought us the Nomads, Soul Set and so many more of the great classics. Rare.

DELTAS            WHICH WAY DO I GO            NEW CHICAGO SOUND    VG+           £100
Quality 70’s crossover dancer, but wait!... Totally under the radar funky dancer on flip with attitude and guns to set a storm brewing on the dancefloor. When people cotton on to the potential of the flip, this record will disappear out of site.

INTREPIDS            TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME            NITEBEAT        VG-        £500
Dead centre northern male group harmony all the way. A stunning rich up-tempo dancer.

JACKIE JASON            PLEASE MR SUN                PIP             M-           £30
A wonderful obscure crossover gem out of New York which so need dancefloor attention. Potential is high on this.

THE IN-MEN            LITTLE GIRL                PYRAMID        VG+         £400
A Butch play from a few back, which since vanished into obscurity. Rare Carolina northern with a lot of potential.

LACONICS            PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN        SOSO            VG+          £500
Early west coast group dancer. Only ever seen this once before. Rare one.

MANDELLS            HOW TO LOVE A WOMAN            TRANS WORLD SOUND    M           £40
Lovely mid-tempo crossover dancer, which fils the floor

IDOLS                CHECK HER OUT                USA            VG       £2,000
Here it is, the most wanted band of convicts on the label. Another one that would just set the Batcave on fire.
A rarest of the rare piece. This comes in at VG, surface marks to vinyl and some writing on label. Plays loud and strong with minimal pops or clicks, which disappear has the music kicks in. Scans below. £3k+ in M-, this is a great chance to obtain a very acceptable and totally playable copy of this ultra-rare 45. It will certainly inflation proof you, until that dream mint one comes along.

💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️     💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️.    💙    ❤️    💙    ❤️    💙     ❤️    💙    ❤️

EXPLOSIONS - LUBET .png

GOLDEN GLORY 105B.png

IDOLS - USA.png

INTREPIDS - NIGHTBEAT.png

LACONICS - SOSO.png

LEGENDS - RIDE.png

MATADORS - CHAVIS.png

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply