Lowrider Grail: Monique ‘Truth’ on Maurci

Gspluck

Monique - Truth (Maurci) Mint- OFFERS

Slept on for years, the flip of the nice, albeit fairly ordinary, ‘Nobody’s Baby’, for a long, long time the poor relation of ‘If You Love Me’ and ‘Never Let Me Go’, until US collectors searching for obscure sweet soul ballads discovered ‘Truth’. Over the past 5-10 years this 45 has featured heavily on the lowrider scene, numerous uploads to those ever popular YouTube channels and subject to increasing demand. Simultaneously the market saw… well… no copies on Discogs, no copies on eBay and those that were changing hands across the pond in private sales were hitting $1700. In February a copy of the plain/lined (and more common) label variant appeared on eBay reaching over $2000! Cue a stampede of copies from the U.K.? Well, no not really a few but given the price tag you’d have expected more. Arguably as rare if not rarer than either of Monique’s other 45s and, for me at least, the finest.

If you know it you will be aware of the sort of prices this 45 is changing hands for and how much harder the ‘magic hat’ variant is. This is a very, very reluctant sale but needs must, they come and they go.

Condition is beautiful Mint- a couple of pressing bubbles evident (DNAP), it is important to emphasise that the vinyl used and the recording are not the best and consequently ALL copies play with some noise. Labels are like new. Sound clip and further images available on request.

I will close this when and only if I receive an offer I deem acceptable. Offers by DM or email to gspluck@aol.com

PayPal as friends and family or add 4%.

Postage UK £8 special delivery registered and insured, Europe £8.95 tracked and signed. USA £12.95 tracked. 

DM or email gspluck@aol.com to reserve or for more information. 

Please note I do not hold records for more than 12 hours unless agreed in advance by DM. Thanks for your understanding.

AA4B74E1-9632-4B3E-AC67-EB405C7083FF.jpeg

A574BA2F-502C-46AC-A750-5796D77098C4.jpeg

061789E6-FABF-4FB3-A147-21099AA499EC.jpeg

75AC6C78-0D21-4AA6-94A9-B6DA96206FFB.jpeg

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images