Centaura featuring Jewel Bass - I Need Love

Wrongcrowd

So, the word’s out on our third Creative Soul release, which if everything goes according to plan is scheduled for January.

This time we’re shining a light on the very talented and rarely heard Jewel Bass, pulling the incredible ‘I Need Love’ out of the shadow of ‘Just Don’t Love You’, both recorded in 1978 as Centaura and released on the near mythical Spiral LP in 1979.

Whilst we know and love Jewel Bass and her recordings as a solo artist, within groups such as Centaura / Carbon Copies and as a featured (but often uncredited) vocalist in her work with Natural High, Sho-Nuff, and Freedom, very little is known about Centaura.

Aside from the Spiral LP, the group seem to have little other recording output. A 45 was released by them in 1981 ‘Centauraland’ / ‘Why Can’t We Love’. Recorded at Lockett’s Recording Studio in Birmingham ALA, produced and arranged by Centaura and released on their own Centaura label. They also participated in the Budweiser Showdown from which ‘Your Love Is All I Need’ was released as a Budweiser Showdown 12” in 1983.

We hope you’ll agree with us that ‘I Need Love’ is worthy of a 45 release in its own right, and of course what else would you put on the flip other than the incredible ‘Just Don’t Love You’.

Cliff and Tats

https://creativesoulcouk.bigcartel.com/

CS-1003 A Label.PNG

CS-1003 B Label.PNG

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Addition of images and sound files
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply