Help with a Motown type song?

Soul Salad
Go to solution Solved by Soul Salad,

Dear all,

Looking for a song, title could be "guilty of loving you baby". I really hate to compare but it does have an "essence" of Mello souls about it ie the banging Motown type dance drum beat through it then settles down then comes back etc etc. If its Motown i don't recognise the male voice at all plus if it were Motown I'm sure i would know it,

Must admit not usually what I'd go for, there are many songs with that title so having trawled through all of them I'm at a loss = about 15!.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks all

Social source share

• Solution
On 16/11/2023 at 22:03, Soul Salad said:

Dear all,

Looking for a song, title could be "guilty of loving you baby". I really hate to compare but it does have an "essence" of Mello souls about it ie the banging Motown type dance drum beat through it then settles down then comes back etc etc. If its Motown i don't recognise the male voice at all plus if it were Motown I'm sure i would know it,

Must admit not usually what I'd go for, there are many songs with that title so having trawled through all of them I'm at a loss = about 15!.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks all

Hi all

Pure obsessive determination and I've found the song (just if anyone's interested) - it was in fact Guilty by The Symphonics - i don't think my description helped! Anyway thanks.

Do i click on solved by myself?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Soul Salad said:

Hi all

Pure obsessive determination and I've found the song (just if anyone's interested) - it was in fact Guilty by The Symphonics - i don't think my description helped! Anyway thanks.

Do i click on solved by myself?

Whooo although a firm favorite here for long indeed going by your description I couldn't have guess this one... Not Motown-esque at all to my ears as this is brute, hard, raw, nitty-gritty with street level attitude and even anger.

Although fantastic in my book it's destined to remain underplayed (hopefully maybe) on the Main Street events or those TOP500 commercial crap ones as it's just too hard for the fancy synthetic Sunday dancers to keep up with it. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Whooo although a firm favorite here for long indeed going by your description I couldn't have guess this one... Not Motown-esque at all to my ears as this is brute, hard, raw, nitty-gritty with street level attitude and even anger.

Although fantastic in my book it's destined to remain underplayed (hopefully maybe) on the Main Street events or those TOP500 commercial crap ones as it's just too hard for the fancy synthetic Sunday dancers to keep up with it. 

And Chicago , no copies currently available but I bet they will be tomorrow !!!! Great tune 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!