BBC Radio Four Woman's Hour: Northern Soul feature

Go to solution Solved by Source Team,

21 minutes ago, Hooker1951 said:

Hi Ken

I’m 73 this year, was visiting clubs from the age of 12 started going to all-nighters at the age of 13 every weekend , led a life in clubland all my life  dancing Dj,ing  was a Security boss for over 40 years, listened to music all my life, Mc,d at all major illegal and legal raves, seen and looked after some of the biggest acts in the world, met most of the American Soul acts that visited here from the early 1970,s had Steak n chips for supper with Jimmy Ruffin , had a Guinness with Ben E King, eg eg, could go on forever, I’m not boasting just telling it like it is, let’s just agree to disagree it makes life simple, and gives me time to have another adventure.

Have a great day

ML

Mick,

there's not much between us then in age or road travelled ( not a doorman or MC thouugh).

My sisters tales as a Wheelite used to thrill me ( she was 6 yrs older than me, RIP) and that's where my interest started.

yup, it's just opinion.

have a good weekend

best

ken (aka Billy)

Edited by Kenb
Social source share

• Solution

Just for info, as this topic does appear to have reached a natural run out point, various sublects, repeated posts etc, this topic will be closed in the near future.

Once closed If anyone wishes to discuss any of the many points that have been raised, then do feel free to start a new topic, though ask all to please ensure that you do follow our terms of use (link below) and avoid the 'worse elements of social media' type of posts that has been creeping in to the site and posts recently.

Terms Of Use 

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/terms/

• Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, Paul-s said:

It is indeed nobody's scene.

But it does have an important working class history and past, and by trying to erase and co-opt that - have listen to producer Eve on BBC woman's hour claiming it as her scene and BNSC are the centre of it: a claim she knows is absurd and untrue - they are trying to make it a myopic vision and scene that they wish to dominate commercially. 

Two tracks spring to mind: The Snake & Backstabbers "they smile in your face".......

So, it definitely is a scene that does not need poisonous snakes and gentrifying 'influencers'

Bit harsh  but that’s your opinion which I respect but don’t agree with 

have a good weekend and hap soul life 

Social source share

On 03/02/2024 at 12:35, Source Team said:

Just for info, as this topic does appear to have reached a natural run out point, various sublects, repeated posts etc, this topic will be closed in the near future.

Once closed If anyone wishes to discuss any of the many points that have been raised, then do feel free to start a new topic, though ask all to please ensure that you do follow our terms of use (link below) and avoid the 'worse elements of social media' type of posts that has been creeping in to the site and posts recently.

Terms Of Use 

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/terms/

24 hours later...