Lynn Varnado on ebay

Looks genuine (?) but I asked him about the deadwax readings and they are not the same as my copy, owned around 25 years, so assuming a boot, unless it was maybe done at a different pressing plant. Can anyone clarify this please?

To be fair to the seller he has put this information in his description but now has bids upto £180 !!

Social source share

4 hours ago, Trev Thomas said:

theres ten copies on discogs ranging from £5 - £30

I always wondered if the label should be "Alligator Records" what with the design. Below it mentions from an article when Miles passed that Miles recorded W.C. Carter on Alligator Records. 

"As a producer, Miles is acknowledged for being an integral part of cultivating the voices and successful careers of; Little Johnny Taylor, Z.Z. Hill, Darlene Love, Lynn Varnado, Betty Swan, Brenda George, Ted Taylor, and other artists who are now and forever etched in the walls of timeless music legends.

Miles had a deep heart and soul for intuitive lyric and melody composition. Testament to that are the many major recording artists of whom to this day, continue to adapt their interpretations from his profound book of songs. Among those artists are; Big Joe Turner (United/Cadet Records), Mike Bloomfield (Pilz Entertainment), Bobby Bland (ABC/Dunhill), Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd St Rhythm Band (WarnerBros), Prince (Parachute Records), Mick Jagger & Gary Moore (Atlantic Records), B.B. King (MCA Records), Little Johnny Taylor (Ronn/Jewel Records), W.C. Clark (Alligator Records), Ted Taylor (Ronn Records), and The Rolling Stones (Interscope/UMG)."

https://africanamericangolfersdigest.com/dr-miles-grayson-passes-away/

Lynn.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Added photo
Social source share

On 10/06/2024 at 08:18, Blackpoolsoul said:

I think we need to be aware that not everyone is as "old" and "experienced" as some and I have told the story of when I was 14 and using my school dinner money to buy a Rufus Lumley and only years later finding out I had bought a boot. A lot of people of all ages have fell for it at some time and you only learn through making mistakes albeit sometimes costly. This one is going to be a pricey one.

100% - I doubt there is anyone among us who hasn't bought a boot thinking it was real - I know I have.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!