Getting Started Djing

Guest cyrus

Guest vinylvixen

She is not joking either Cyrus, But Jo is worth it aint you Jo :(:thumbsup:

Cyrus, Just enjoy the music and go with what you feel, good luck :lol:

Bearsy

LOL....kind of you to say...I invented the L'Oreal advert....I AM worth it... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

so lets get this right....he's a gasman, who's going to japan to open a restaurant / record shop / discotheque.......

And Alan Sugar was a barrow boy in the East End.... :lol: I bet if we all clubbed together, say 20 of us and put £5,000 in each we could buy a bar in the sun and all take it in turns to dj...A DJ Collective in the sunshine...sounds tempting, doesn't it. I'd put PTP in charge of running it, I've got the soundsystem...so that only leaves another 18 of you to chip in...I'm up for it :( Rimini could be nice :thumbsup: Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Cyrus, if an old girl like me can do it, anyone can. Never doubt your potential and ALWAYS have an enormous ego...it worked for me :lol::thumbsup: I never gig anywhere without a limo to pick me up, several handsome boys to satisfy my every whim and a fresh fruit salad on ice waiting for me when I come off the decks... :( LOL Jo

Fresh fruit salad.... you've gone up in the world - I thought you always demanded a chilled cucumber :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

CYRUS, REGARDING THE SEX CHANGE YOU HAD DURING THE LAST WEEK, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT IT ? WAS IT PAINFUL, OR DID IT JUST INVOLVE FILLING IN A FEW BOXES ?

THE CONCURRENT POSTING TIMES FOR EACH ID AND ASKING FOR THE SAME INFO AS YOUR OLD FRIEND RARE GEMS A WEEK AGO DIDN'T HELP YOU, BUT THE INTEREST YOU GAINED FROM SEVERAL USERS WAS ASTONISHING ONCE YOU PUT A SKIRT ON ! LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE PULLED ALREADY !

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45815

Social source share

CYRUS, REGARDING THE SEX CHANGE YOU HAD DURING THE LAST WEEK, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT IT ? WAS IT PAINFUL, OR DID IT JUST INVOLVE FILLING IN A FEW BOXES ?

THE CONCURRENT POSTING TIMES FOR EACH ID AND ASKING FOR THE SAME INFO AS YOUR OLD FRIEND RARE GEMS A WEEK AGO DIDN'T HELP YOU, BUT THE INTEREST YOU GAINED FROM SEVERAL USERS WAS ASTONISHING ONCE YOU PUT A SKIRT ON ! LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE PULLED ALREADY !

how many times ?

this member you keep hassling has NO connection with any other account as far as this site is concerned

while there are some accounts that are looking at due to recent posts, this account has no

apparent connection to any of these and has not been involved in any the posts you mention

you have been asked to stop hassling this member

have had complaints from other members about your recent behaviour and manner on site, there is no need or place on here for such posts like the above and as have choose to ignore site requests to stop this sort of thing , have suspended your account for 7 days as per the terms of use

if after this time you continue in same manner your account will be closed

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Fresh fruit salad.... you've gone up in the world - I thought you always demanded a chilled cucumber :lol:

:wicked: Never call me a size queen....anyway, what's this got to do with deejaying :boxing:

post-1898-1175351521_thumb.jpg

Social source share

well, this just gets better, so, just to recap...he's now a transexual gasman who's going to japan to open a sushi bar / record shop / discotheque with a kung fu school in the basement

Social source share

Guest cyrus

well, this just gets better, so, just to recap...he's now a transexual gasman who's going to japan to open a sushi bar / record shop / discotheque with a kung fu school in the basement

THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS AND THE P*** TAKES - SOULMAN1964 YOU SOUND A REAL DECENT GENUINE GUY!!! THANKS

Social source share

THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS AND THE P*** TAKES - SOULMAN1964 YOU SOUND A REAL DECENT GENUINE GUY!!! THANKS

no need to thank me cyrus, the pleasures all mine, i'm not takin the piss, as you so elequantly put it, i'm just posting up a brief recap for anyone who may have got confused reading this thread....you started the thread as a gas man and now, two days later, you're a transexual, dj'ing ninja chef, who flogs a few records on the side.... it can get a bit confusing

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Before i start let me just say - my knowledge of soul is very poor compared to you guys on this forum. I used to think i knew it all - but sadly i realise nowt. Anyway i wanna start Djing but aside from a handle full of Soul Lps all my music is on CD's. I know that is probably a dirty word on this site but the fact is i always bought albums and never singles. Dont get me worng i realise how much i've been missing since joining this forum (bit depressing really) but couldnt really afford to start a vinyl collection right now.

Anyway my question is? What would the possibility of Djing with cd's be or is it frowned upon. And if i was to go down this route what equipment would i be lookin at. My friend who DJ's Hip-Hop swears by the Pioneer CDJ800 and CDJ100.

Hope i havent opened myself up for a blazing!!!

Peace

right to try and get it back on thread , i agree that most people got into djing by accident or thats how it should happen .

as for cd's they show no effort at all , and dare i say it no pride in the dj'ing , any idiot can go into hmv and buy a collection although saying that any idiot with loads of money can buy a collection of viny

Social source share

right to try and get it back on thread , i agree that most people got into djing by accident or thats how it should happen .

as for cd's they show no effort at all , and dare i say it no pride in the dj'ing , any idiot can go into hmv and buy a collection although saying that any idiot with loads of money can buy a collection of viny

yeah, but not any idiot can rustle you up a chop suey while playing them

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

yeah, but not any idiot can rustle you up a chop suey while playing them

there used to be a chinese takeaway 'hole in the wall' at the 100 Club....so soul and sweet and sour have a long and historic association :shades: Jo

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

there used to be a chinese takeaway 'hole in the wall' at the 100 Club....so soul and sweet and sour have a long and historic association :shades: Jo

oooh i could just go some sweet & sour :D

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

you should always use vinyl and i suppose i could be used as good example here. my collection of Northern soul is something like 20 records and a few LP's yeah i know it's small but my dad collects most of them so i just play them and i have been talked about locally from someone about getting my a rookie DJ spot at city club in Peterborough

so my box would be mine and dads collection but it was more word of mouth as person didn't know me and dad did disco's and had some vinyl records of Northern and then said maybe we get you a rookie spot at cty club well this was stef talking and now mick cooper has said in the future we will look at it.

All i can say is there's hope but for me i shall do my best if i get there as rookie spot and play what i can and hope that someone likes it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert