(not) Unissued Acetate 70's Dancer

Pete S

Might be totally wrong about this but I've checked and can't find out anything about it. The artist is credited as Arthur Crier who was a legendary doo-wop artist and producer/writer, but he was a bass singer and this sounds more like a group. The title is Super Lovin' and it has BMI publishing on the label but the artist and title isn't registered with BMI. OTher names on the label are Bill Reid and possibly Irene something. Anyway if it turns out to be known/common, no problem, but if not, this is pretty good and someone might be interested in it. Sound clip below

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Might be totally wrong about this but I've checked and can't find out anything about it. The artist is credited as Arthur Crier who was a legendary doo-wop artist and producer/writer, but he was a bass singer and this sounds more like a group. The title is Super Lovin' and it has BMI publishing on the label but the artist and title isn't registered with BMI. OTher names on the label are Bill Reid and possibly Irene something. Anyway if it turns out to be known/common, no problem, but if not, this is pretty good and someone might be interested in it. Sound clip below

Its Al & Tyrone Chestnut - Super Lovin' on Melba.....also came out on Paramount as The Chestnut Brothers I think......

Chars Girf

Social source share

Its Al & Tyrone Chestnut - Super Lovin' on Melba.....also came out on Paramount as The Chestnut Brothers I think......

Chars Girf

Blimey, good spot mate, so whats with the credits on the label because apart from the word Chestnut (oh and Melba) none of it gives a clue. Why Arthur Crier? Is it worth anything?

Social source share

The Chestnut Brothers (Al & Ty) are a very talented singing, song writing, and production team born in Columbia, SC and were raised in Philadelphia, PA. They have recorded with internationally well-known artists, such as Grover Washington, Jr., Luther Vandross and so on. They have released their own singles and albums and have been performing for about thirty years.

In 1969, Al joined the the U.S. Navy, and recording as a soloist, Ty released a single entitled "The Bump" on the Mercury distributed subsidiary Intrepid label.

In 1972, as "The Chestnut Tree," they released "Super Lovin'" on Melba Records. Based on such strong reaction, they were signed to Paramount Records and Super Lovin' was rereleased on Paramount, accordingly.

Social source share

The Chestnut Brothers also recorded the Modern Soul Monster from 15+ years ago "Whole Lotta You In Me" as Brotherly Love and the follow up " Hey Sweet Lady" which did big things at the time.

Sean

'Travellin' On' was a big tune in the Modern rooms about 3 years ago off the CD Peace Suite.

Pete

Social source share

The Chestnut Brothers also recorded the Modern Soul Monster from 15+ years ago "Whole Lotta You In Me" as Brotherly Love and the follow up " Hey Sweet Lady" which did big things at the time.

Sean

I've been trying to figure out if they're also the kiddie group on music merchant (I think they are, but I'm not sure). Any ideas?

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

ive have an excellant copy on the orange melba label, if someone would like to make me an offer

shep :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert