Not Heard This Before

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Isn't it nice when you come across an absolute cheap as chips tune, that you haven't heard before and think "Wow that would realy GO If that were played!" Not very often It happens, and when it does, no point in keeping it quiet, as there are so many about everyone will have one! However, having heard this today, courtesy of Mr Jerry Brown, I came home and grabbed one quick. I recon anyone spinning this out would pack the floor, it just has that intangeble something that says "Dancer!" Maybe overlooked in the past, but just right for today! Imagine spinning it before, or after the Isonics, or the Delco's perhaps in a set, and you'll see what I mean. Trevski tip :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

I knew it! :lol: less than 2mins! and its spotted! But how good does it sound! :lol: Who would spin it out, and who would get on the floor to it? verdicts please!

Social source share

I knew it! :lol: less than 2mins! and its spotted! But how good does it sound! :lol: Who would spin it out, and who would get on the floor to it? verdicts please!

it sounds bloody great spun out and always done the trick for me,however a year or so on i am partly in agreement with phil,the backing vocals are tremendous but it just lacks the final bite to elevate it to a brill record.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I had the same idea, with the same tune a few months ago Trev. I heard Baz Atkinson spin it at S.O.N. and thought, wow that sounds fantastic, I haven't heard it in years, just right for today. So I set about getting a copy, and a few to sell on. Played it at Burnley once, but then realised that it wasn't really that good, and I was getting sick of hearing it already, so I sold it and moved on.

So many tunes like that, nearly great, if you know what I mean.

:lol: Great minds think alike! :lol: Actually 'tho, I think it's a lot better than some stuff played out at the 'mo costing a hell of a lot more :lol:

Social source share

:lol: Great minds think alike! :lol: Actually 'tho, I think it's a lot better than some stuff played out at the 'mo costing a hell of a lot more :D

definetly agree with that,the flip of their outing on verve [what can i do]is a biit special lovely mid tempo track called tell me no to go,def worth a listen,wonder if there are the same superiors who recorded on barvis [over to you chalky] :lol:

BAZ A.

Social source share

Guest garv

Its an ok sound, to me it starts like its gonna take the roof off & then it looses my interest. Ive listened to it 4 times now & IMO its not that great a dancer.

Only my opinion though & not trying to pish on your chips :lol:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

It's good, not great tho'. It never gets going for me, maybe cause he's talking rather than singing. Seems like your just waiting for summat to happen with the record.

Dunno, I think it's got a latinish feel, probably because of the rather stacatto talking style, and the backing singing has elements if "Arabia" It's just querky enough to work, somehow!

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Aint heard before not bad but was waiting for it to really get going but it didnt happen mellow.gif but all in all i've heard worse :P

Social source share

I like it ..............bit messy, but has the breaks for the dancers & I imagine thru a big system would be one of those 'Dancin to the beat of ya Heart' kinda records...................you know when the bass is vibrating thru ya & lifting you.............mmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe that is a weird Russ thing, anyway, potentially a winner, but not a classic IMVHO.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest kelvinx

Theres alot going on but I like it...but its the sort that would take some breaking...reckon if Id heard it out Id think mmmm that was interesting but next morning wouldnt have a clue how it went!

Worth persevering with imho.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert