"why Can't It Be Me" - Jimmy Radcliffe

"Why Can't It Be Me" - A Lovely Ballad With The Man Bringing All His Talents To The Table.

10" 45 Acetate Mint- £240

Why_Can_t_It_Be_Me_c_.mp3

"You Made A Man Of Me" - This Gritty Soul Growler Is The Andy Rix Spin, Credited To The Songs Writer Scott English, On The Associated Studios Imprint. Apparently The Songs Writer, Scott English, Hath Pitched This Gem To Richard "Popcorn" Wylie For Coverage By The Platters!

10" 45 Acetate Mint £425

post-6943-1182661796.jpg

You_Made_A_Man_Of_Me__c_.mp3

"Hold On Lover" - Very Nice Female Backing On This Mid-Tempo Plea-zer

10" 45 Mint- £285

Hold_On_Lover_c_.mp3

"One Green Dollar Bill" - Features 3:39 Of The Man Working The Blue Side Of The Tracks

10" 45 Mint- £285

One_Green_Dollar_Bill_c_.mp3

"Hey Friend" -

10" 45 Mint- £285

Hey_Friend_c_.mp3

"Forget About The Bad Things"

post-6943-1180715888_thumb.jpg

10" 45 Acetate VG++ £285

Forget_About_The_Bad_Things__c_.mp3

A Peice With A Point Of View On Jimmy's Known Releases Up To The Time Just Before He Died.

The Writer Inadvertently Claimed Freddie Scott As One Of The Producers Of Jimmy's "Lucky Old Sun" On Bert Bern's SHOUT Records But In Fact The Actually, Third Co-Producer Besides: Wally Gold, And Jimmy Himself, Was Buddy Scott, Jimmy's Writing Partner At That Time. Unfortunately This Article Didn't Cover Any Of Jimmy's Brilliant Work In The Jingle Industry That Had A Very Big Impact Around The Soul World... Such Spots As McDonalds "You Deserve A Break Today" Are A Part Of A Huge Legacy Of Sounds Not Readily Forgotten By The Millions Who Hummed Them Every Day.

McDonalds (Circa 1971) 02___McDonalds.mp3

Or The 1971 Clio Award Winning Polaroid (Rec:10/4/70) 01___Polaroid.mp3

Strangely Though It Was Freddie Scotts Recent Passing That Brought This Article To Mind. Freddie Was A Wonderfully Talented Man With A Heart Of Solid Gold And Another Great Jimmy Radcliffe Friend And Fan. Cheers! Freddie :boxing:

post-6943-1181464269_thumb.jpg

"I Love Therefore I Am" - Huge Vocal On A Nice Punchy New York City Uptown Big Ballad.

10" 45 Shapiro, Berstein Acetate VG++ £275

post-6943-1181241129_thumb.jpg

Jimmy_Radcliffe_I_Love_Therefore_I_Am_c_.mp3

"Tell Him The Truth" - Another Classic Spin From The Vaults.

10" 45 Associated Studio VG++ £265

post-6943-1181409908_thumb.jpg

truth.mp3

"Too Many Doors Close" - Short (1:41) But Killer Funked Up Soul Instrumental Track!

10" 45 Acetate Mint- £265

Too_Many_Doors_Trk_c_.mp3

"More Than Ever Before" - Jimmy's Version Of Song That Appeared On Carolyn Franklins 1st LP.

More_Than_Ever_Before_c_.mp3

"If It Wasn't For Love" - This Song Hath Been Covered By Jay Jordan And Jimmy Bee.

If_It_Wasn_t_For_Love__c_.mp3

This Is A Classic From This Vocal Genius. Written In Part With One Of The Other Co-Writers, That Helped Bring This Great Iconinc Artist To Our Attention, This Track Feature All The Subtlies And Passion That Make Jimmy Radcliffe's Name An Added pleasure And Surprise To Any Playlist, Soul/Northern Soul/R&B Or Otherwise. (Please Excues The Hum From An Off Ground On Me Turntable At The Moment - There Is None Of That In The Actually Recording, Though There Is Very, very Slight Surface Noise, From Dust I'll Assume, But This Item Looks, Plays, And Feels Like The Dream Of Soul Acetate Record That Should Have Been Available To Us All As Opposed To The Few That Can Actually Own It. :unsure: )

"My Time Is Running Out"

My_Time_Is_Running_Out_c_.mp3

Now Up Is This Brilliant Mid-tempo Jimmy Radcliffe Duet With An Unknown Female Vocalist.

"Don't Ask Me To Stop Loving You" Mint-

10" 45 Acetate Mint- £260

Don_t_Ask_Me_c_.mp3

Cheers And Thanks For The Interest! :huh:

These Hidden Gems Must Soon Come Too An End. But I've Some Nice Peices From Jackie Verdell, Ray Pollard, Etta James And Others Too.

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

So whats the Ray Pollard then mangomm20003?

We should be told :yes::D

Cheers Paul

Paul Me Old Friend - One Day Soon The Instrumental 'Breakaway' Will Arrive Much To You Delight And Surprize At Your Doorstep.

From What I'm Told This Was Ray's Favorite (Pollard) Release Of The Era! It's A 10" 45 VG++ Acetate Of The Jimmy Radcliffe & Buddy Scott Song "WANDERLUST" Released On Decca With Bert "Super Chart" DeCoteaux Aptly Handling The Arrangements.

I Believe Bert Also Had His Hand In The Jackie Verdell Tracks Too. And Then There's Etta James' Flip To Her 1963 Hit "Pushover" That Was The Jimmy Radcliffe & Phil Stern Song "I Can't Hold It In Anymore". I Also Have Jimmy's Original Version, Of "I Can't Hold It In", But Think It To Slow For The Dance Floor Crowd's Palate Of The Moment But Might Suit A Discerning Collector. thumbsup.gif

I Think I Even Have An Instrumental Version Of "Is It True What They Say About You" Round Here Somewhere.

Best Mate

Chris

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

Wow that Ray Pollard track reads like a dream.................the gangs all there !!!

Looking forward to a sound clip Chris

Cheers Paul

Ask No Further Make!

Ray Pollard (Eventually Released on Decca #32189)

Superclean 10" 45 Acetate Mint-

Ray_Pollard_Wanderlust_c_.mp3

Social source share

:thumbsup::D Nice one Chris was new to me that one.

Great backing vocalists too

Cheers Paul

Might Even By Jackie Verdell On Backing On This One... They Were All Pretty Close Knit At Around This Time.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

You Made A Man Of Me - jimmy radcliffe - acetate

Had Some People Over (For Me Birthday) And This Was Definitely The Record Of The Night!

Social source share

Coney Island - jimmy radcliffe - acetate

Early Classis Sound From The King Of The Pipes & Thunder!

[There is a version of this on the Clyde McPhatter LP Songs Of The Big City - Mercury plus versions of Deep In The Heart Of Harlem, My Block, 3 Rooms With Running Water and A Surburban Town - All JR songs]

Social source share

Not Sure When The Refosoul Clip Addition Will Be Back But You Gotta Have A Listen To Jimmy's "You Make Me Feel LIke Someone"! Just A Brilliant Arrangement And Vocal.

Social source share

I think P.J. Proby also recorded "You Make Me Feel Like Someone" too. I love the song and Jimmy's is just brilliant! If we can manage the dosh I've gotta have it.

Social source share

I think P.J. Proby also recorded "You Make Me Feel Like Someone" too. I love the song and Jimmy's is just brilliant! If we can manage the dosh I've gotta have it.

Hey Julep, No Bother As You Lot Have Truly Been The Best And I Know It's Tight Sometimes With Wee Sprogs About. What Say I Knock 50 Off And Let It Go At 475?

PM Me And Don't Tell Stace Or I'll Be In The Shite :D

Best,

Chris

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

I'd Forgotten About This One, Until A Recent Conversation With Andy Rix, But Besides "You Made A Man Of Me" Jimmy Also Did The Samba Flavored Scott English - Ben Raleigh Song "San Juan" For Claus Orgerman's Helios Music That Looks To Have Even Been Given The Release Number: LT10280.

This Must Have Been Done Just Around The Time Of The Antonio Carlos Jobim "Wave" Sessions With A Very Different Feel Than "Man Of Me" Indeed.

post-6943-1183119655_thumb.jpg

San_Juan_c_.mp3

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

On A Recent Treasure Hunt For The Original Barbara Jean English Demo Of It's My Party" (Produced By Jimmy Radcliffe) I Scored I Few New Gems (Soon To Be Seen) And Another 7" Copy Of:

"You Make Me Feel Like Someone" - A Song Covered By Jerry Butler, Billy J. Kramer And The Dekotas, Johnny Gilliam And Eloise Laws Among Others Jimmy's Twas The First And Ranks As One Of The Best IMPO.

7" 45 Acetate Mint- £525

"You Made A Man Of Me" - This Gritty Soul Growler Is The Andy Rix Spin, Credited To The Songs Writer Scott English, On The Associated Studios Imprint. Apparently The Songs Writer, Scott English, Hath Pitched This Gem To Richard "Popcorn" Wylie For Coverage By The Platters!

10" 45 Acetate Mint £425

post-6943-1182661796.jpg

You_Made_A_Man_Of_Me__c_.mp3

A Peice With A Point Of View On Jimmy's Known Releases Up To The Time Just Before He Died.

The Writer Inadvertently Claimed Freddie Scott As One Of The Producers Of Jimmy's "Lucky Old Sun" On Bert Bern's SHOUT Records But In Fact The Actually, Third Co-Producer Besides: Wally Gold, And Jimmy Himself, Was Buddy Scott, Jimmy's Writing Partner At That Time. Unfortunately This Article Didn't Cover Any Of Jimmy's Brilliant Work In The Jingle Industry That Had A Very Big Impact Around The Soul World... Such Spots As McDonalds "You Deserve A Break Today" Are A Part Of A Huge Legacy Of Sounds Not Readily Forgotten By The Millions Who Hummed Them Every Day.

McDonalds (Circa 1971) 02___McDonalds.mp3

Or The 1971 Clio Award Winning Polaroid (Rec:10/4/70) 01___Polaroid.mp3

Strangely Though It Was Freddie Scotts Recent Passing That Brought This Article To Mind. Freddie Was A Wonderfully Talented Man With A Heart Of Solid Gold And Another Great Jimmy Radcliffe Friend And Fan. Cheers! Freddie :ohmy:

post-6943-1181464269_thumb.jpg

"I Love Therefore I Am" - Huge Vocal On A Nice Punchy New York City Uptown Big Ballad.

10" 45 Shapiro, Berstein Acetate VG++ £275

post-6943-1181241129_thumb.jpg

Jimmy_Radcliffe_I_Love_Therefore_I_Am_c_.mp3

"Tell Him The Truth" - Another Classic Spin From The Vaults.

10" 45 Associated Studio VG++ £265

post-6943-1181409908_thumb.jpg

truth.mp3

"Too Many Doors Close" - Short (1:41) But Killer Funked Up Soul Instrumental Track!

Too_Many_Doors_Trk_c_.mp3

"More Than Ever Before" - Jimmy's Version Of Song That Appeared On Carolyn Franklins 1st LP.

More_Than_Ever_Before_c_.mp3

"If It Wasn't For Love" - This Song Hath Been Covered By Jay Jordan And Jimmy Bee.

If_It_Wasn_t_For_Love__c_.mp3

This Is A Classic From This Vocal Genius. Written In Part With One Of The Other Co-Writers, That Helped Bring This Great Iconinc Artist To Our Attention, This Track Feature All The Subtlies And Passion That Make Jimmy Radcliffe's Name An Added pleasure And Surprise To Any Playlist, Soul/Northern Soul/R&B Or Otherwise. (Please Excues The Hum From An Off Ground On Me Turntable At The Moment - There Is None Of That In The Actually Recording, Though There Is Very, very Slight Surface Noise, From Dust I'll Assume, But This Item Looks, Plays, And Feels Like The Dream Of Soul Acetate Record That Should Have Been Available To Us All As Opposed To The Few That Can Actually Own It. :D )

"I Only Know You To Say Hello To"

10" 45 Acetate Mint- £285

"My Time Is Running Out"

My_Time_Is_Running_Out_c_.mp3

Here Is A Dancer:

"Is It True What They Say About You"

Now Up Is This Brilliant Mid-tempo Jimmy Radcliffe Duet With An Unknown Female Vocalist.

"Don't Ask Me To Stop Loving You" Mint-

Don_t_Ask_Me_c_.mp3

"Forget About The Bad Things"

post-6943-1180715888_thumb.jpg

10" 45 Acetate VG++ £285

Forget_About_The_Bad_Things__c_.mp3

"Coney Island" - Quality Choons Here Mate!

10" 45 Acetate Mint- £295

Though Eventually Covered By Clyde McPhatter, With Full Orchestration, On His Mercury LP "Songs Of The Big City" That Also Featured A Few Other Radcliffe Songs, Jimmy's Original, Presented Here, With But Sparce Piano Accompaniment Is Top Flight Early Soul!

Cheers And Thanks For The Interest! :(

These Hidden Gems Must Soon Come Too An End. But I've Some Nice Peices From Jackie Verdell, Ray Pollard, Etta James And Others Too.

Did you find the Barbara English "It's My Party"? would love to hear it!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

please keep us up on things :rolleyes:

Ok... Here's The Breaking News! "Lindsey Lohan Has Been Arrested Again For Driving Under The Influence".

:ohmy: No But Really I Added The Blues Number "One Green Dollar Bill" and Two Other Fine Tunes, "Hold On Love" and "Hey Friends" Above.

All The Best Julep.

Social source share

"Coney Island" Is Gone But "Why Can't It Be Me" Hath Taken It's Place.

I've Actuualy Had Two Different Friends Have This Played During Their Nuptials. And Jimmy Actually Sang "I Love Therefore I Am" At The Songs Co-Writer, Phil Stern's, Wedding.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!