Seeburg Spotlite/gold Miner/chicken Back/twine Time

I know there was a discussion regarding the Seeburg Spotlite 45 months ago, but I was curious as to which is the preferred copy? The one with Twine Time/Chicken Back, or Twine Time/Gold Miner? While I'm at it anyone have knowledge of Sonny Dee 45 on Stag? Kind of reminds of Gil Scott-Heron but quite a bit more raw.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know there was a discussion regarding the Seeburg Spotlite 45 months ago, but I was curious as to which is the preferred copy? The one with Twine Time/Chicken Back, or Twine Time/Gold Miner? While I'm at it anyone have knowledge of Sonny Dee 45 on Stag? Kind of reminds of Gil Scott-Heron but quite a bit more raw.

Don't know which is the preferred - I 've owned a copy with Chicken back on the flip since the mid 80s when this was an 'in sound' on the Mod scene. I've always felt this is an under-played/over-looked track myself. Had heard that it has been getting plays on the funk scene since the late 90s though. Gets plays in my set up here in Scarborough.

Social source share

Don't know which is the preferred - I 've owned a copy with Chicken back on the flip since the mid 80s when this was an 'in sound' on the Mod scene. I've always felt this is an under-played/over-looked track myself. Had heard that it has been getting plays on the funk scene since the late 90s though. Gets plays in my set up here in Scarborough.

appreciate the help. i think it is a good sound as well. was informed that the "nowhere to run" 45 by Seeburg is the one to own though. Does anyone know what the flipside of that 45 is by chance?

Social source share

i've got the one wih chicken back on the B side, but I want the one with goldminer, as its a good track too, whereas chicken back is crap. I'd swap my mint one + some money for that issue.

In the end it's a good version of Twine Time, but not vastly different or better than the original imo.

It also came out on a Seeburg ep too. seen it go very cheap on ebay in the last few years, the Goldminer release seems to be the rarest.

Not having a dig, cos i didn't know much different at the time, but Keb Darge compiled it on one of his compilations and in the sleeve notes i'm sure he wrote 'the only recording by this obscure band'. of all the one off funk records to say this about...these lot must have made more records than elvis!

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert