Which Is The Rarer Of These Issues ?

Guest Malc Burton

I was searching the t'internet this morning for research information , when I came across a very and informative site detailing US label discographies .....

As I briefly scanned through them , I picked on two labels - Canterbury and Home Of The Blues - to see what was listed , I was intrigued with two titles , and this is where I now pose the following question ....

Which is the rarer issue of the following two records ?

Canterbury 504 : The Tempos " Here I Come " / " Sad Sad Memories "

Canterbury 504 : The Tempos " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 1 / " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 2

Home Of The Blues 243 :

" 5 " Royales " Catch That Teardrop " / " Goof Ball "

Home Of The Blues 257 :

" 5 " Royales " Catch That Teardrop " / no title listed

Over to you ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was searching the t'internet this morning for research information , when I came across a very and informative site detailing US label discographies .....

As I briefly scanned through them , I picked on two labels - Canterbury and Home Of The Blues - to see what was listed , I was intrigued with two titles , and this is where I now pose the following question ....

Canterbury 504 : The Tempos " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 1 / " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 2

Home Of The Blues 243 :

Home Of The Blues 257 :

Over to you ......

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

There is also a Burgundy Stock Copy for this.

------------------- STYRENE --------------------------------- STYRENE --------------------------------- VINYL

Canterbury_C-504a_DJ.jpgCanterbury_C-504a_S.jpgCanterbury_C-504a_V.jpg

I haven't heard of this as a Part1 / Part 2 on Canterbury.

"Sad, Sad Memories" was the B Side on the Stock Copies.

It also saw release on Soultown

Plus the Boot on Light Blue

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Home Of The Blues 243 :

Home Of The Blues 257 :

Over to you ......

Malc Burton

What's the site Malc?

Social source share

Hi Malc

There is also a Burgundy Stock Copy for this.

------------------- STYRENE --------------------------------- STYRENE --------------------------------- VINYL

Canterbury_C-504a_DJ.jpgCanterbury_C-504a_S.jpgCanterbury_C-504a_V.jpg

I haven't heard of this as a Part1 / Part 2 on Canterbury.

"Sad, Sad Memories" was the B Side on the Stock Copies.

It also saw release on Soultown

Plus the Boot on Light Blue

Hi Roger ....

That is what intrigued me in respect of the listing of / for The Tempos .....

The label discographies on the site are comprehensive / extensive , but though that listing a lot of labels , does not / cannot list all of them that tunes have turned up on .......

Another one for consideration .....

Roulette 7015 - Chosen Few " Footsee " / " You Can Never Be Wrong "

Roulette 7015 - Chosen Few " Footsee " ( Vocal ) / " Footsee " ( Instrumental )

The site can be found on www/globaldogproductions.info/label

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi Roger ....

That is what intrigued me in respect of the listing of / for The Tempos .....

The label discographies on the site are comprehensive / extensive , but though that listing a lot of labels , does not / cannot list all of them that tunes have turned up on .......

Another one for consideration .....

Roulette 7015 - Chosen Few " Footsee " / " You Can Never Be Wrong "

Roulette 7015 - Chosen Few " Footsee " ( Vocal ) / " Footsee " ( Instrumental )

The site can be found on www/globaldogproductions.info/label

Malc Burton

The White DEMO has Countdown ( Here I Come) on Both Sides. (Double A Side)

I think that there is a later Minit Recording of Countdown (Here I Come) by The Younghearts/The Tempos

Regarding FOOTSIE, yes I have seen the two you Mention.

Roulette_R-7015a_DJ.jpg

This one has "You Can Never Be Wrong" on the B Side

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Got it, thanks, Malc.

Another one from the label discographies on the site ......

UK HMV 1092 ......

Freda Payne " He Who Laughs Last " ......

Surely not the FP ?

If it is , I would love to hear it ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I think that there is a later Minit Recording of Countdown (Here I Come) by The Younghearts/The Tempos

Regarding FOOTSIE, yes I have seen the two you Mention.

Roulette_R-7015a_DJ.jpg

This one has "You Can Never Be Wrong" on the B Side

Top man as always , Roger : knew I could rely on you ......

Is one of the avatars at the bottom of your replies / postings Terry Sampson ? ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Home Of The Blues 243 :

Home Of The Blues 257 :

Over to you ......

Malc Burton

Malc

I think you'll find these are errors.

Canterbury 504 : The Tempos " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 1 / " Here I Come ( Countdown ) " Part 2 most likely doesn't exist.

Home Of The Blues 257 :

My info is the LAST 45 RELEASE on Home of The Blues is # 245. 12 numbers before this listing.

There are some errors in almost all larger labels listings I've ever seen. Depends where the info came from. If you take "second hand" info from Company release sheets, Mags at the time, mailshots, sales lists, price guides etc. The info can be inaccurate. The only reliable way to retrieve label listing info is have the record itself and document it, and that way you also discover loads of wierd stuff, like typo's, different credits, different label designs, pic sleeve, coloured vinyls etc. etc.

Even wonderful publications like R&B indies are littered with mistakes because the info hasn't been lifted from actual 45s. But has been pulled in from every source possible..which you need to do, because who will ever experience every 45 release.

It's forums like this that uncover so much correct info and is constantly corroborated.

john

Social source share

Another one from the label discographies on the site ......

UK HMV 1092 ......

Freda Payne " He Who Laughs Last " ......

Surely not the FP ?

If it is , I would love to hear it ......

Malc Burton

Yes it Freda Payne, it's the old blue HMV label, it's not really of interest as far as NS is concerned.

Social source share

Malc

I think you'll find these are errors.

My info is the LAST 45 RELEASE on Home of The Blues is # 245. 12 numbers before this listing.

There are some errors in almost all larger labels listings I've ever seen. Depends where the info came from. If you take "second hand" info from Company release sheets, Mags at the time, mailshots, sales lists, price guides etc. The info can be inaccurate. The only reliable way to retrieve label listing info is have the record itself and document it, and that way you also discover loads of wierd stuff, like typo's, different credits, different label designs, pic sleeve, coloured vinyls etc. etc.

Even wonderful publications like R&B indies are littered with mistakes because the info hasn't been lifted from actual 45s. But has been pulled in from every source possible..which you need to do, because who will ever experience every 45 release.

It's forums like this that uncover so much correct info and is constantly corroborated.

john

I'm not disagreeing with you here John, because I have the same info as you on the last release. But, if you actually look at the HOTB listing, it jumps several numbers on at least two occasions

121 - Larry Birdsong and The Larryetts - I'll Let Nothing (Separate Me From Your Love) / Sooner Or Later - 1961

122 - Roy Brown - Rock And Roll Jamboree / I Need A Friend - 1961

123 - Willie Mitchell - I Like It / Willie's House Party - 1961

218 - The Five Royales - If You Don't Need Me / I'm Gonna Tell Them - 1961

229 - The Green Twins - What Is The Answer / Why Oh Why - 1961

230 - Willie Cobbs - You Don't Love Me / You're So Hard To Please - 1961

So anything is possible.

Social source share

Top man as always , Roger : knew I could rely on you ......

Is one of the avatars at the bottom of your replies / postings Terry Sampson ? ......

Malc Burton

:lol:laugh.gif:P:lol:laugh.gif Separated at birth

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert