Dee Grant - Rip

Chris L

Dee Grant founding member of the Spellbinders died suddenly Tuesday this week. Dee sang with the group right from the start, recorded that wonderful album under the direction of Van McCoy, he toured with the group both in the US and abroad.

35 years after splitting up I organised a re-union of the group in New Jersey with Dee flying in from the southern states. This photo was taken on that day, seen here left in conversation with Norman Donegan of the Ad Libs.

Dee leaves a daughter, he was married to Abby, they were divorced in the seventies.

This promo shot with Dee on the far right

Very sad.

Chris L

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dee Grant founding member of the Spellbinders died suddenly Tuesday this week. Dee sang with the group right from the start, recorded that wonderful album under the direction of Van McCoy, he toured with the group both in the US and abroad.

35 years after splitting up I organised a re-union of the group in New Jersey with Dee flying in from the southern states. This photo was taken on that day, seen here left in conversation with Norman Donegan of the Ad Libs.

Dee leaves a daughter, he was married to Abby, they were divorced in the seventies.

This promo shot with Dee on the far right

Very sad.

Chris L

Yep another sad loss..."help me" is one of my all time faves

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!