Bileo - You Can Win

Cunnie

Just seen this on e bay on the commoner blue label.

Got to be way overpriced surely as the blue MTU Watts City copy is the 2nd press if i'm not mistaken as the orange MTU Watts City is the original.

Am I missing something here?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bileo-You-can-win-Watts-City-Classic-Modern-Soul_W0QQitemZ290201466253QQihZ019QQcategoryZ27349QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV

iewItem

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 months later...
Guest JohanT

there was an orange one on ebay recently.it sold for $280

very in demand these days and dosent crop up too often

dave

Great tune that is! 375 dollars (blue issue) at C Moerer!

Johan

Social source share

Sam's old 'Fantastic Puzzles' cover up (if my memory serves me right).

I got in touch with the label owner at the time it was first uncovered (early 80's). He sent me about 20 copies (all orange) and one copy of the Bill Williams (of Bileo) "Things Will Be Better Tomorrow" track which I played at Cleggy.

I reckon that's quite a bit scarcer than Bileo, which I'm shocked to see going for over a ton!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Great tune that is! 375 dollars (blue issue) at C Moerer!

Johan

Here's a few on >>> PopSike.com <<<

120204339257.jpg

Strange thing is that the "Blue" Copies look different shades, could be the scanner v's photo?.

I know that the Orange copies look different shades too, possibly for the same reason.

Just wondering if it has been pressed on "Blue" MORE THAN ONCE.

290201466253.jpg

200204443359.jpg

280095741382.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest JohanT

Hi Roger,

Note the Orange (orig) label is MTU/Watts City

The Blue copy just says Watts City.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Another great one (same label design as the 2nd issue of Bileo)! thumbsup.gif

SNC11375.jpg

Johan

Social source share

Paid £20 for it when it was hot ('82), and had the arse ripped out of me by my 'peers' for years - the line from the lyrics that sums that particular period up for me is...

"...and when I get there, yeah, I'll be high!" - lovely!!

A class track and a simple moment in America's musical development that will always be so much more than a track that only got exposure in the UK thanks to the wonderful efforts of 'Modern' dj's at the time.

Atypical of the kind of Modern production from that time on the NS scene that was ridiculed by certain factions - factions that at heart wished they understood it, and in reality did, but strangely appeared to only have the balls to slate it to similarly blinkered others.

Mainly because they amassed more Brownie points in the services afterwards from their elders and 'betters'.

Very rarely is anything that gains exposure/plays/a following on this scene, 'shite' - but if you listened to others you'd never know would you?

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!