Soul Discovery @ The Graduate Cambridge, Sat 5th April

427460.jpg

Soul Discovery "A real Soul night for Cambridge" CAMBRIDGE BARFLY @ THE GRADUATE www.barflyclub.com

Saturday 5th April 2008 7pm - 12pm

Hope Street Music + Soul Discovery present: The 2nd of a bi-monthly club night dedicated to Soul Music.

Resident DJ:

Mick O'Donnell,

Brian Goucher,

Steve Dolan

Special Guest

Mark Houghton

Mark has been collecting Soul music for 25 years and has been djing for over 20 of those years.

He has had the privilege of guesting at numerous events and places including the Norfolk Village, the 100 Club, Abshot, Without Boundaries, the Colony Club, Plinston, Cagneys, and the highly regarded Prestatyn, Soul Essence and Soul 4 Real (Bilbao) Weekenders among many others.........

Mark has also been involved in the promotion of many of London`s Modern and Across the Board events in recent years , most notably Setting the Standard, Monumental Soul and of course A New Chapter.

It was at the 'Chapter' nights that Mark kept the Independent Soul flag flying by featuring (and in many cases breaking) new material by Veda Love, Eddie Leon, King Ernest, The Velons, Trudy Lynn, Artie 'Blues Boy' White, George Soule, Chairmen of the Board, Unifics, Brooklyn Players, and Otis Jackson to name just a few.

Mark sees the 'Soul Discovery' nights as the most important gig to emerge since the Voices from the Shadows sessions at Thorne and is totally commited to playing his part in making it a success

www.wegottickets.com

Tel:

Brian 0797110451

Mick 07519453290

Steve 0151515517

www.stevessoulsounds.co.uk

Bed & Breakfasts Cambridge

01223 311625 (Alpha Milton)

01223 565212 (Tudor Cottage)

01223 323555 (Home from Home)

01223 316074 (Worth House)

01223 364319 (Arbury Lodge)

Cambridge 105FM

www.209radio.co.uk

souldiscovery@209radio.co.uk

Sunday 12.00-15.00

Dates for your Diary:

Special Guests on Soul Discovery

9.3.08: Colin Curtis (Part 2 of Blackpool Mecca, The Highland room Special)

23.3.08: Brian Goucher, Mark Merry, Kevin Oxberry,

Paul Thrower. (Soul Round Table)

6.3.07: Mark Hougton (The morning after The Graduate)

For all playlists go to.......

209radio Forum (Soul Discovery)

www.209radio.co.uk

Edited by Soul Discovery
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mick,Brian & Steve.

Really up for doing this. So many top quality new/recent tracks to fit in (alongside a smattering of of 80`s/90`s and maybe one of two 70`s).I`ve also got a couple of really nice recent tracks lined up which it seems everyone has missed.

Can`t wait .

Mark Houghton

Just thought i`d bump this thread and let anyone who is thinking of coming along know that i`ve compiled a cd of my favourite new releases from the last couple of years . So if interested just pm me your name and address and i`ll get a copy along to you so that you can get a taste of what to expect on the night.

Cheers

Mark Houghton

• 2 weeks later...

427460.jpg

Soul Discovery "A real Soul night for Cambridge" CAMBRIDGE BARFLY @ THE GRADUATE www.barflyclub.com

Saturday 5th April 2008 7pm - 12pm

Hope Street Music + Soul Discovery present: The 2nd of a bi-monthly club night dedicated to Soul Music.

Resident DJ:

Mick O'Donnell,

Brian Goucher,

Steve Dolan

Special Guest

Mark Houghton

Mark has been collecting Soul music for 25 years and has been djing for over 20 of those years.

He has had the privilege of guesting at numerous events and places including the Norfolk Village, the 100 Club, Abshot, Without Boundaries, the Colony Club, Plinston, Cagneys, and the highly regarded Prestatyn, Soul Essence and Soul 4 Real (Bilbao) Weekenders among many others.........

Mark has also been involved in the promotion of many of London`s Modern and Across the Board events in recent years , most notably Setting the Standard, Monumental Soul and of course A New Chapter.

It was at the 'Chapter' nights that Mark kept the Independent Soul flag flying by featuring (and in many cases breaking) new material by Veda Love, Eddie Leon, King Ernest, The Velons, Trudy Lynn, Artie 'Blues Boy' White, George Soule, Chairmen of the Board, Unifics, Brooklyn Players, and Otis Jackson to name just a few.

Mark sees the 'Soul Discovery' nights as the most important gig to emerge since the Voices from the Shadows sessions at Thorne and is totally commited to playing his part in making it a success

www.wegottickets.com

Tel:

Brian 07971104541

Mick 07519453290

Steve 0151515517

www.stevessoulsounds.co.uk

01223 311625 (Alpha Milton)

Cambridge 105FM

www.209radio.co.uk

Sunday 12.00-15.00

Dates for your Diary:

Special Guests on Soul Discovery

6.3.07: Mark Hougton (The morning after The Graduate)

www.209radio.co.uk

Edited by Soul Discovery
Guest stevessoulsounds

Looking forward to it and I'm sure Mr Houghton will have some killer surprises for us.

If anyone wants to pre-order any CD's from my site (www.stevessoulsounds.co.uk) just e-mail me at stevessoulsounds@ntlworld.com

Regards

Steve

Final reminder for Soul Discovery this Saturday.

It`s all set up to be a cracker.

On the new /recent front the quality tunes continue to keep coming with the likes of James Whitney, Michael Dixon, Ja`Net Dubois, Hurricane, Black Ice, Omar Cunningham, The Embers, Pookie Lane, Wendell B,Tony Fields, Bernard, Ashanti Munir, Singing Sam Moore, Maurice ,Barbara Delasanta,Cicero Blake and

Bobby" Slim" James . Expect to hear many of these alongside quite a few first time spins and a selection of 70s/80s/90s from Mick, Brian, Steve and myself.

Details below.

Hope to see quite a few of you there.

Mark H

SAT 5th APRIL 2008

7pm - 12pm

Resident DJ: Mick O'Donnell, Brian Goucher, Steve Dolan

Special Guest - Mark Houghton

www.wegottickets.com

Please Quote Soul Discovery

Tel: Brian 0797110451

Mick 07519453290

Steve 0151515517 www.stevessoulsounds.co.uk

Then the following day

SOUL DISCOVERY RADIO SHOW Cambridge 105FM

www.209radio.co.uk

Sunday 12.00-15.00

Special Guest 6.3.07: Mark Houghton (The morning after The Graduate)

also

Fri 11th April -Soul Discovery hits the Lounge at the Soul Essence Weekender ( 4 till 8PM) with Mick O Donnell, Steve Dolan, Mark Merry and Mark Houghton

www.209radio.co.uk

Guest stevessoulsounds

Looking forward to it boys - one or two surprise tunes that have fallen my this week will be getting a spin tomorrow - can't wait.

Source Advert