Go Go Children 4 Fri 18th April Bristol

is it nearly a month ago already ! been a busy one,stickin up posters and handing out flyers...spending money on ebay,ss and a quick visit to sean while on my travels for work in wales means lots of new tunes to spin for the first time...sandy wynns,jo armstead,jimmy bee,zz hill,bobby bland,kim weston,howard tate,little charles,roscoe robinson etc etc aswell as those that i didnt get time to spin last month !

AVON COMBINED SERVICES CLUB,ST PAULS RD(OPP THE CHURCH) OFF WHITELADIES RD CLIFTON BRISTOL...9 TIL 1AM £3 OTD MYSELF ALONGSIDE JOHN STAPLETON AND MY FRIEND JACK 60S NORTHERN,RNB AND BEAT

All the other 3 nights we have done have been a lot of fun,although the crowd has only been between 30 and 60 it is only a small club that holds about 100 at most so we have always had a good atmosphere.The club is an underground british legion type affair so we do not have any unwelcome passers by or annoying locals,walking down st pauls rd if you will blink you will miss the entrance ! everyone is there for the soul and on best behaviour.The bar prices are very cheap and along with a good sound system we have a nice wooden dancefloor.

The music policy is 60s,mainly rnb and northern/motown but sometimes some rare beat and even ska and rocksteady can be played.while we do play tunes from the top 500 aswell as semi known you will not hear obvious tunes such as the snake,all three of us try and change our playlists every month and all tunes are dancers !!

we are getting regulars but would love to see some more new faces from around the south west along with the getting together soul nights bristol is starting to have a buzzzzz biggrin.gif ...all djs and promoters feel free to bring flyers !

• Replies 3
  • Views 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just a reminder to all those bristol/south west soulies who have still to give us a look(as the original post is getting lost 3 pages back !)...more tunes hot from the posties van...anita humes,jean wells,joe tex,hoagy lands,delores hall,bobby mcclure,theresa lindsy,ruby and the romantics,tsu tornados,viole wills,bob brady,donald height,darrow fletcher,jimmy soul clark.... biggrin.gif:lol::lol:

Source Advert