The Platters - Doesn't It Ring A Bell

Mot

Hi all, I bought a Bell acetate some years ago with the Platters - 'Doesn't It Ring A Bell' on one side and 'How Beautiful Love Is' on the other - see scan below.

Got it from a reliable US dealer........so I'm pretty confident its original. I know 'Doesn't It Ring A Bell' come out on a Musicor & Stateside LP......but did it ever get a US or UK 45 release? OR a European 45/EP maybe?

It's a great group Northern sound........not really sure if its well known either?

Any help/info on any releases and possible values would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

post-6135-1207940891_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I bought a Bell acetate some years ago with the Platters - 'Doesn't It Ring A Bell' on one side and 'How Beautiful Love Is' on the other - see scan below.

Got it from a reliable US dealer........so I'm pretty confident its original. I know 'Doesn't It Ring A Bell' come out on a Musicor & Stateside LP......but did it ever get a US or UK 45 release? OR a European 45/EP maybe?

It's a great group Northern sound........not really sure if its well known either?

Any help/info on any releases and possible values would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark looks a bit ify to my the label isn't on square suppose you could sent it back for a refund. :lol:

Social source share

Hi Mark looks a bit ify to my the label isn't on square suppose you could sent it back for a refund. :lol:

Hi, pretty confident it's real....but didn't pay a great deal for it and have had it some years, the label has 'slipped' slightly on that side - was put on square once as you can see the adhesive line to one edge. 'Doesn't it' side label is square.

It's a proper metal based acetate....labels are original and not copies (well they look like other Bell acetates I've got?). Surface is marked a bit, signs of wear, and some edge chips so it certainly looks old.

Do Bell acetates have 'bell sound' stamps on the run out? I thought they wouldn't have any stamps in run out due to the nature of acetates?

Anybody else got any ideas?

Social source share

Guest franky m

Hi, pretty confident it's real....but didn't pay a great deal for it and have had it some years, the label has 'slipped' slightly on that side - was put on square once as you can see the adhesive line to one edge. 'Doesn't it' side label is square.

It's a proper metal based acetate....labels are original and not copies (well they look like other Bell acetates I've got?). Surface is marked a bit, signs of wear, and some edge chips so it certainly looks old.

Do Bell acetates have 'bell sound' stamps on the run out? I thought they wouldn't have any stamps in run out due to the nature of acetates?

Anybody else got any ideas?

Its 100% real , it must have been picked for a possible 45 release , cut to acetate , then rejected , there are no stamps on acetates , and its the best cut on the LP , IMO , a one off !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert