Help Please - Summer Soul Suggestions

Not sure if this is in the right place....maybe one for those who are bored at work.... :)

War has erupted in Bury. Sean's banned me from listening to any Iron Maiden :thumbup: or classic rock on the 3 hour drive to Cleethorpes on friday and I refuse to listen to modern soul for the whole journey so I'm going to strip my MP3 and re-load with suitable tuneage..

I fancy some 'summer soul' - Good northern soul that will get me in the mood for the weekender.

Any suggestions anyone???.. I've not bought for ages and I'm getting bored with the usual Okeh complilations etc that I usually take and that have served me well at weekenders over the past decade.

Ta

Jayne.x. :P

Edited by mike
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

get Sam Cooke on along with some early sixties doowop soul

!!..that's a new one.. thanks. :thumbup:

Might pop to Beatin' rythmn tomorrow ... :)

(cue financial disaster).. :P

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Not sure if this is in the right place....maybe one for those who are bored at work.... :P

War has erupted in Bury. Sean's banned me from listening to any Iron Maiden :D or classic rock on the 3 hour drive to Cleethorpes on friday and I refuse to listen to modern soul for the whole journey so I'm going to strip my MP3 and re-load with suitable tuneage..

I fancy some 'summer soul' - Good northern soul that will get me in the mood for the weekender.

Any suggestions anyone???.. I've not bought for ages and I'm getting bored with the usual Okeh complilations etc that I usually take and that have served me well at weekenders over the past decade.

Ta

Jayne.x. :yes:

Jayne, just done a couple of compilations for a friend, youre welcome to copies, pm me your address fortwith :thumbup:

M. :)

Social source share

Can't beat a bit of Latin in the sunshine cool.gif

..hmm. that's different. Do you mean like the gypsy kings?..

probably not.

clueless of bury.x.

Social source share

Jayne, just done a couple of compilations for a friend, youre welcome to copies, pm me your address fortwith :P

M. :)

Thanks Mark,

Just pm'd you.

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest rachel

..hmm. that's different. Do you mean like the gypsy kings?..

probably not.

clueless of bury.x.

Ooh there's all sorts - have a look on here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Latin-2-t71484.html

and there's an earlier thread which I'll try and find in a minute.... here it is... https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Latin-Soul-t59477.html and a few posts down there's a link to the previous previous one!

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Summertime

Billy Stewart

Lost Summer Love

Lorraine Silver

I Like Summetime

The Ovations

Summer In The Parks

East Coast connection

Summer Breeze

Isley Brothers

Summertime Girl

Tradewinds

Cool Summer Night

The Intentions

It's Summer

The Temptations

Summer (The First Time)

Millie Jackson

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Do you have a copy of the Valatone anniversary CD with Martha reeves - noone there, Isonics - Sugar etc.

Thats my fave CD to listen to on a sunny day. Well I say that, My brother has it with a pile of others waiting to load his MP3 up with. He's had some of them since last years Cleggy.

So if you fancy borrowing it, pop round his place in Heswall on the wirral. Tell him I sent you to rescue it.

Social source share

Ooh there's all sorts - have a look on here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Latin-2-t71484.html

and there's an earlier thread which I'll try and find in a minute.... here it is... https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Latin-Soul-t59477.html and a few posts down there's a link to the previous previous one!

Cheers m'dear.. deffo going to put some of this on, I've never really paid any attention to Latin stuff and I can't be distracted whilst I'm stuck in the car so it's a good

time to have a listen.

:thumbup:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get some "Acoustic alchemy" on or Cds by the Rippingtons

Easy on the ear :thumbup:

???... The rippingtons?...

hmm I think I like being clueless and in the dark on this one. I shall investigate.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Do you have a copy of the Valatone anniversary CD with Martha reeves - noone there, Isonics - Sugar etc.

Thats my fave CD to listen to on a sunny day. Well I say that, My brother has it with a pile of others waiting to load his MP3 up with. He's had some of them since last years Cleggy.

So if you fancy borrowing it, pop round his place in Heswall on the wirral. Tell him I sent you to rescue it.

Yeh, I could bring it with me and hand it back to you. LOL. :ohmy: . I dont have that one.

With all suggestions coming from here, I wonder if Mike would let me call it a "Soul Source compilation"- I'm sure I could market that... lol... :thumbup:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Not sure if this is in the right place....maybe one for those who are bored at work.... :ohmy:

War has erupted in Bury. Sean's banned me from listening to any Iron Maiden :lol: or classic rock on the 3 hour drive to Cleethorpes on friday and I refuse to listen to modern soul for the whole journey so I'm going to strip my MP3 and re-load with suitable tuneage..

Ta

Jayne.x. wink.gif

Tell you what matey, see if you can get hold of a Platters cd---Don't hear ,speak ,see no evil

Sweet sweet lovin

I love you a 1000 times

etc.

finished off with the ultimate seasidey song Washed ashore

sublime soulful voices. Should keep you amused :thumbup:

ps If you get hold of one give us a shout i aint got one sad.gif

Have a good time

Jez

Social source share

Jane I also get sick of listening to the same cd's on our travels, so for me it's the Rat Pack, Johnny Cash & Andy Williams, easy listening & keeps the road rage goblins at bay. :ohmy:

Take care, be safe & remember, "Do it your way",

Spot. :thumbup:

Social source share

Tell you what matey, see if you can get hold of a Platters cd---Don't hear ,speak ,see no evil

Sweet sweet lovin

I love you a 1000 times

etc.

finished off with the ultimate seasidey song Washed ashore

sublime soulful voices. Should keep you amused :thumbup:

ps If you get hold of one give us a shout i aint got one :thumbup:

Have a good time

Jez

lol... I'll look out for it Jez..

Rat pack?... sounds different Spot - might send him to sleep though whilst he's driving.. :thumbup: ..it's all rather relaxing isn't it..

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Social source share

You're right, sorry. I'm leaving only the text as a hint :lol: . P2P culture IS culture.

see you in the NM Forum.

Cheers and thanks for this forum !

Social source share

A bit late now I know, but no mention of Groovin' by The Young Rascals. :yes:

There was no mention of many tracks.. The rotten sod hid my MP3 player and filled it full of bl**dy Temptations tracks!!.. :wub:

All sorts of rubbish cover versions and ballads!. It was not good. I've since retrieved it and It's going to have an overhaul at weekend. :shades:

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert