Windy City

Guest BIG H

I've been told about a 7 inch of 'Windy City Theme' by Windy City, i always thought it was a track only released on the 'Let Me Ride' lp, anybody seen the 7 ? :lol: Boba your our man in Chi town nay info

Harry

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've been told about a 7 inch of 'Windy City Theme' by Windy City, i always thought it was a track only released on the 'Let Me Ride' lp, anybody seen the 7 ? :lol: Boba your our man in Chi town nay info

Harry

The 7" version is by carl davis and the chi sound orchestra, it's instrumental, it's on chi-sound. The vocal version is on the LP. I think that's what you're thinking of.

That photo on the back of the LP is of the group members standing at promontory point ("the point"), which is this part of lake michigan that juts out at about 55th street that a lot of people go to in the summer to hang out. I used to live a block from there so it was cool that the photo was taken right there. I'm still trying to figure out where that 5 stairsteps park photo from the first LP was taken, someone told me it was a park at 95th street, I doubt those stone walls would still be there though.

Social source share

Yeah i knew about the instrumental version, but this is a 7 of the vocal given to UK dj Ashley Beedle by house dj/producer King Britt, story goes that it came from Walter Gibbons collection after he died........ i asked if it was maybe a edit that WG had done and if it was an acetate but was told it was proper vinyl record.......... :g: who knows??

Harry

Social source share

Yeah i knew about the instrumental version, but this is a 7 of the vocal given to UK dj Ashley Beedle by house dj/producer King Britt, story goes that it came from Walter Gibbons collection after he died........ i asked if it was maybe a edit that WG had done and if it was an acetate but was told it was proper vinyl record.......... :g: who knows??

Harry

sorry, I never heard of a 7" vocal version and there's not one listed under windy city in the soul harmony singles book. Sorry I can't help you more.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert