The Brickhouse

Guest Stuart Butcher

Guest Stuart Butcher

It's a place that often comes up in my Sunday conversations. Lots of vague but good memories about the place. Obviously Mick and Janet figure hugely. An army of Doorstaff manning the place, ready to repel the enemy, whoever they were. Open to a select few. Once you were in it could be for days. The music was superb, the company very interesting, or perhaps scary depending on your frame of mind.

Tommy Cat we salute you. He could keep up with the best of us.

I had one of my wedding does there. I think it was really really good....

Not really expecting a huge response to this. 1992 1994 perhaps

The Brickhouse must be listed in the Northern Soul Hall of Fame. I don't know if the place has been mentioned on here before. It's time it was listed for prosperity.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a place that often comes up in my Sunday conversations. Lots of vague but good memories about the place. Obviously Mick and Janet figure hugely. An army of Doorstaff manning the place, ready to repel the enemy, whoever they were. Open to a select few. Once you were in it could be for days. The music was superb, the company very interesting, or perhaps scary depending on your frame of mind.

Tommy Cat we salute you. He could keep up with the best of us.

I had one of my wedding does there. I think it was really really good....

Not really expecting a huge response to this. 1992 1994 perhaps

The Brickhouse must be listed in the Northern Soul Hall of Fame. I don't know if the place has been mentioned on here before. It's time it was listed for prosperity.

what a place,worked with mick on the rave scene and knew him from the northern scene as well. had plenty of great nights in his and janets company, been in the brick for days partying and know what you mean about not being in the right frame of mind a few of my mates heads were worse for wear and were freaked out by the number of doormen in there but never would anything of happened to them as much as i tried to tell them this. would definatley say it should be in the hall of fame,top hosts and great place.tommy baines what a man had many of hours of entertaiment from the cat one night we had him believing beachy had got his budgie pregnant (sounds mad but true ) best pub in wigan by far

Edited by rhino
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert