Soul At The Stute Asfordby Hill

Well what can i say another cracking nite just love the stute. All the djs played brill sets starting with Steve J then MR Manship then me (Mick Jay) followed by the guest dj Trev Davidson great set great mix of music (thanks mate) then up popped Spanner kept the dance floor bopping and Rob Gray finshed the nite with some awesome tunes. thanks to every one who sent me & Teresa cards and pressies for our wedding anniversary. Hope to see you all next month 18th dec ,

Guest dj is the legendery

GINGER TAYLOR

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well what can i say another cracking nite just love the stute. All the djs played brill sets starting with Steve J then MR Manship then me (Mick Jay) followed by the guest dj Trev Davidson great set great mix of music (thanks mate) then up popped Spanner kept the dance floor bopping and Rob Gray finshed the nite with some awesome tunes. thanks to every one who sent me & Teresa cards and pressies for our wedding anniversary. Hope to see you all next month 18th dec ,

GINGER TAYLOR

without a doubt the best night tune wise i have heard, i thought johns set was his best up there yet and i reckon he set the standard for which everybody lived up to. music for all tastes, and alot of quality newbies for my ears.

thankyou x

Guest djs is the legendery

GINGER TAYLOR and SPANNER ,WHAT A PAIR :D

Edited by spanner
  • Helpful 1
Guest SteveJohnston

I can only echo the words of Rob & the rest what a night :hatsoff2: the Stute is turning into one of the most eclectic soul music events I've had the pleasure of attending since the days of the brilliant 70's Ritz all-dayers, I'm not saying if you turn up to one of the nights you will be listening to some of the more funky tunes played at the Ritz but there is a very healthy attitude to the soulful modern tracks that are played along side the 60's & 70's tracks, there is certainly no soul politics involved at the Stute that's for sure & long may it continue.

I would like to say "thanks to all the attendees that grace the Stute" for making this a very pleasurable night indeed.

Steve J

Guest soul ste

what a brill night 2nd time at the stute and i have to say both sharon and myself really enjoyed the night thanks to all dj,s, we will have to go again hope to see you all at the next one .

all the best soul ste and sharon from loughborough.

Guest SteveJohnston

:hatsoff2: Spanner i can't belive you posted that...............it's going to make an intresting first hour at the next Stute :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: i would like it to be known this as nothing to do with ME! :yes:

Steve J

I can only echo the words of Rob & the rest what a night :hatsoff2: the Stute is turning into one of the most eclectic soul music events I've had the pleasure of attending since the days of the brilliant 70's Ritz all-dayers, I'm not saying if you turn up to one of the nights you will be listening to some of the more funky tunes played at the Ritz but there is a very healthy attitude to the soulful modern tracks that are played along side the 60's & 70's tracks, there is certainly no soul politics involved at the Stute that's for sure & long may it continue.

I would like to say "thanks to all the attendees that grace the Stute" for making this a very pleasurable night indeed.

Steve J

well spoken steve, the music policy at the stute is superb thumbsup.gifwe don't tolerate DJS who go on ego trips laugh.gif as you say takes you back to the 70s KTF

Guest SteveJohnston

My play list for the first hour at the next Stute

Spanner

Somebodys gonna hurt you DAN DOUGLAS

JUJU / Spanner

Roll with the punches GARNET MIMMS

JUJU

First round knockout NEW CENSATION

Spanner

You threw a lucky punch GENE CHANDLER

JUJU

You'er hurtin me JAY DEE BRYANT

Spanner

You beat me to the punch CHARITY BROWN

JUJU

Hurtin inside BARBARA & BRENDA

Spanner

You hit me were it hurts RAY AGEE

JUJU

Real live hurtin man! JOHNNY ADAMS

Spanner

Hurtin all over CANDY & THE SUGAR TONES

JUJU

You hit me were it hurts ALICE CLARK

Spanner

You beat me to the punch V.I.P's.

JUJU

Hurt so bad CATHY CARLSON

Spanner

It hurts to much to cry H. B. BARHUM

JUJU

Knockout! MARGIE JOSEPH :rolleyes:

Spanner

I've got to find a way to hide my hurt! MOSES DILLARD :thumbup:

Feel free to add any lads :lol:

Edited by SteveJohnston

My play list for the first hour at the next Stute

Spanner

Somebodys gonna hurt you DAN DOUGLAS

JUJU / Spanner

Roll with the punches GARNET MIMMS

JUJU

First round knockout NEW CENSATION

Spanner

You threw a lucky punch GENE CHANDLER

JUJU

You'er hurtin me JAY DEE BRYANT

Spanner

You beat me to the punch CHARITY BROWN

JUJU

Hurtin inside BARBARA & BRENDA

Spanner

You hit me were it hurts RAY AGEE

JUJU

Real live hurtin man! JOHNNY ADAMS

Spanner

Hurtin all over CANDY & THE SUGAR TONES

JUJU

You hit me were it hurts ALICE CLARK

Spanner

You beat me to the punch V.I.P's.

JUJU

Hurt so bad CATHY CARLSON

Spanner

It hurts to much to cry H. B. BARHUM

JUJU

Knockout! MARGIE JOSEPH :rolleyes:

Spanner

I've got to find a way to hide my hurt! MOSES DILLARD :thumbup:

Feel free to add any lads :lol:

Parliaments - Don't Be Sore At Me

Jimmy McGriff - Bump De Bump

Alice Clark - You Hit Me (Right Where It Hurt Me)

Barbara & Brenda - If I'm Hurt You'll Feel The Pain

Amazers - Without A Warning

Sam Fletcher - I'd Think It Over Twice

Attractions - Why Shouldn't A Man Cry

Baby Washington - Leave Me Alone

Volcanos - Storm Warning

Barbara Cooper - What's One More Tear

Bobby Goldsboro - She Chased Me

Carl Douglas - Serving A Sentence Of Life

Sweet Things - I'm In A World Of Trouble

Cashmeres - Don't Let The Door Hit Your Back

Detroit Spinners - I Just Can't Help But Feel The Pain

Hank Hodge - An Eye For An Eye

Snoopy Dean's - Shake And Bump

Jim Gilstrap - Run Run Run

Barry St John - Everything I Touch Turns To Tears

Amazers - Without A Warning

Prince Philip Mitchell - Something For My Head

Joey Gee - It's More Than I Deserve

Rose Batiste - Hit And Run

Judy Clay - You Busted My Mind

Supremes - Just A Little Misunderstanding

Julian Covey - A Little Bit Hurt

Barbara & Brenda - If I'm Hurt You'll Feel The Pain

Dells - Run For Cover

Lenny Welch - A Hundred Pounds Of Pain

Major Lance - Crying In The Rain

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Little Willie John - I'm Shaking

Big Frank Murphy - I Won't Let Her See Me Cry & It's All Over But The Pain

Edited by OW31

GINGER TAYLOR

:rolleyes:See you on the 18th

Guest sharmo 1

I can only echo the words of Rob & the rest what a night :thumbsup: the Stute is turning into one of the most eclectic soul music events I've had the pleasure of attending since the days of the brilliant 70's Ritz all-dayers, I'm not saying if you turn up to one of the nights you will be listening to some of the more funky tunes played at the Ritz but there is a very healthy attitude to the soulful modern tracks that are played along side the 60's & 70's tracks, there is certainly no soul politics involved at the Stute that's for sure & long may it continue.

Steve J

Hi Steve sorry me and T missed your night but we went to Neil Selfs do in Glouster as it was our silver wedding aniversary we decided to make a week en d of it hopefully will go to the next one if not clashing with six Hills or loughboro' nighters all the best mate Sy.

Guest SteveJohnston

Hi Steve sorry me and T missed your night but we went to Neil Selfs do in Glouster as it was our silver wedding aniversary we decided to make a week en d of it hopefully will go to the next one if not clashing with six Hills or loughboro' nighters all the best mate Sy.

Hi Simon

No problem mate hope you had a good time in Glouster mate :thumbsup: If you can make the next one a very early arrival is recomended :thumbsup:

Source Advert