Some Monster Originals For The Weekend

Pete S

PETE SMITH

Probably best use my mobile at the moment instead of the land line

07772 616402

pete.smith@freeuk.com

SORRY FOR DELAY WITH THIS LIST, WAS ENJOYING A FEW DAYS OFF WITH THE KIDS

ALL ORIGINALS, AS ALWAYS

THE FLIRTATIONS — NOTHING BUT A HEARTACHE — DERAM                                                  EX            25

Nice US original in company sleeve

FLOWER SHOPPE — YOU’VE COME A LONG WAY BABY — SPRING DEMO                            M-             30 SOLD

Cleethorpes monster — original version, not the one that came out on UK Polydor

THE FORMATIONS — AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS — MGM                                                           EX            10

All time classic

FOXY & THE 7 HOUNDS — MIRROR, MIRROR — WISE WORLD                                                    EX-           25 SOLD

Can’t afford a Salvadors on Wise World — get this then, same label, just not The Salvadors!  Brass led dancer, and pretty scarce too.  Plays mint.  Has a tear on the label across the word Wise.

GARNET MIMMS — LOOKING FOR YOU — UNITED ARTISTS DEMO                                           EX-           100 SOLD

This has a little distortion on the bass guitar intro otherwise perfect, I’ve reduced it by 25 quid for this reason.

GARNET MIMMS — PROVE IT TO ME — UNITED ARTISTS DEMO                                               M-             50 SOLD

Very tough white demo and a cracking dancer.  X on label.

THE GEMS — I’LL BE THERE — RIVERSIDE DEMO                                                                              EX            50

Proper stamped original white demo.  Very small edge warp not affecting play in the slightest.

GEORGE CARROW — ANGEL BABY (YOU DON’T EVEN LOVE ME) — COLUMBIA DEMO                   EX            50

Original demo with misspelt title and original B side

GEORGE & TEDDY — DO WHAT YOU WANNA — PHILIPS                                                               EX            50

Very scarce black issue copy

GEORGE FREEMAN — DOWN AND OUT — VALIANT DEMO                                                           VG+         100

Rather scruffy looking vinyl with many marks, but plays great with just a few pops right at the start and the odd one now and again.  Priced exactly right I’d say.

GIL SCOTT HERON & BRIAN JACKSON — THE BOTTLE — STRATA EAST                                    M        40

Stone mint French copy with picture sleeve

GLADYS TYLER WITH RAY SCOTT & THE SCOTTSMEN — A LITTLE BITTY GIRL — DECCA DEMO  M-   220

Monster R & B dancer

GLORIA JONES — TAINTED LOVE — CHAMPION                                                                                 M-             125

Stunning original West Coast styrene copy — black label, silver lettering, correct delta number and stamp

THE GRAND PIANO COMPANY — ESPERANTO — AMPEX DEMO                                               M-             20

Let’s just say this was never one of my favourites…mint though

GWEN OWENS — I LOST A GOOD THING — VELGO                                                                            EX-           150 SOLD

Has one or two scuffs, plays perfectly, Detroit stormer, black label

HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUE NOTES — GET OUT (AND LET ME CRY) — LANDA            M-             220

I can’t tell you how rare this record is — it’s the West Coast pressing, black label, silver lettering, I’ve only ever had one of these before.  On top of that, it is a gorgeous copy.  You won’t see one of this quality again for a long time.

HONEY TOWNSHEND — THE WORLD AGAIN — MALA DEMO                                                     EX+         75 SOLD

This is, of course, the instrumental version of What Shall I Do, but it’s the straight up inst without the daft sound effects which ruin the other versions

IKE & TINA TURNER — DUST MY BROOM — TRC DEMO                                                                  EX+         50 

Stunning white demo of the first issue.  Rare.

THE IMPRESSIONS — YOU’VE BEEN CHEATING — ABC                                                                   EX            25

Vinyl heaven

INEZ & CHARLIE FOXX — TIGHTROPE — DYNAMO                                                                            M-             30

Surprisingly hard to find original orange Dynamo label, vinyl press too

THE INCREDIBLES — THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO SAY — AUDIO ARTS DEMO                 G/VG+    40 

Very rare but scruffy vinyl white demo with loads of surface marks.  The “G” grade is for the first 10 seconds, once the band and singers kick in you won’t have a problem.  But don’t expect mint! 

ISLEY BROTHERS — WHY WHEN LOVE HAS GONE — TAMLA                                                      EX+         25

One of the best Motown dancers ever..

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10
OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now