A Cellarful Of Motown Volume 4 - Out September 2010
As may have read in the forums, the eagerly awaited fourth voulme of this series is due out very soon.
The release date was orignally touted as mid-aug but on sales sites which have it available for pre-order it seems that the date has been pushed back till the begining of September.
50 tracks, double cd and available to pre-order now for just £8.99 from hmv and amazon uk (links below)
non uk - its showing at $23.49 pre-order via amazon US (link below)
here's the blurb from the hmv website
The Superb 4th Instalment of The Acclaimed Lost & Found Series, featuring 50 Stunning Never Heard Before Motown Treasures from the likes of Stevie Wonder, Brenda Holloway, Marvin Gaye, Edwin Starr, The Spinners Plus Many More.
Also included in the 2 disc set is a beautifully designed 20 page booklet with detailed sleeve notes and annotations by Motown connoisseur Paul Nixon plus gorgeous original photos from the Motown photo archive.
With no sign of the goodies drying up in the Motown Vaults, it's with great pleasure, after exhaustive research that we bring you the fourth volume in this stunning series that can proudly boast the release in total of over 200 vaulted examples of Detroit's finest sounds that astonishingly never made it past the recording studio.
Featured are the usual 'out on the floor' thumping Motown scorchers plus newly discovered ballads and sophisticates. Some of the greatest discoveries on this collection include an amazing unheard classic 'Why Don't You Come Home' recorded in 1968 by the young music genius Stevie Wonder.
Also featured is an absolute stomper 'Born To Be Bad' from UK Favourite Edwin Starr and possibly the most special discovery of all, an undeniable 1963 classic 'Three Times Loser' by the incredible Marvin Gaye, proving that despite the declaration that just about every vaulted Gaye track has been discovered, the Cellarful series continues to unlock a piece of music history.
Both Brenda Holloway and Barbara McNair close a CD each with examples of how artists explored their repertoire while there are more than enough core Motown floor fillers to excite and seduce the staunchest Motown fan.
This sensational 2 disc set proves that the Quality Control team at Motown potentially missed many great recording that could have become huge hits.
The mystery remains as to how these fantastic gems were consigned to the Motown Vaults, but their loss is your gain some 40 years down the road!
We defy you to keep your feet still as you listen to these newly restored treasures that have been lovingly rescued thanks to the grace of modern technology.
1. Kidnapped-The Blackberries
2. Keep On Tryin' Til You Find Love-Fantastic Four
3. Your Kiss Kiss-Marvin Gaye, Oma Heard
4. My Baby Moves Me-Brenda Holloway
5. Cool, Cool Baby-Jr. Walker & The All Stars
6. The Girls I've Chosen To Be My Bride-Joe Stubbs
7. You Didn't Show Girl-The Temptations
8. My Baby Changes Like The Weather-The Vows
9. Doctor Of Love-The Monitors
10. All I Need Is A Chance-Robert Dobyne
11. The Day You Take One (You Have To Take The Other)-Gladys Knight & The Pips
12. Ain't Gonna Tell You-Frank Wilson
13. Dancing U.S.A.-The Contours
14. That's The Way I See Him-The Marvelettes
15. Have A Little Patience And Wait-Mary Wells
16. Three Time Loser-Marvin Gaye
17. Lead Me And Guide Me-Holland-Dozier
18. It's Company Time-The Versatones
19. Twin Brother-Eddie Holland
20. Think Of The Times-Carolyn Crawford
21. You're What's Happening Baby-Four Tops
22. I'll Turn To Stone-Dennis Edwards
23. I Need You More Than Ever-Paul Williams
24. Daddy, Cool-Oma Heard
25. The Real You-Barbara Mcnair
1. Miss Lonely Hearts-The Vandellas
2. The House That Jack Built-J.J. Barnes
3. The Philly Dog-Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers
4. Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)-The Utopians
5. Only A Lonely Man Would Know-Ivy Jo Hunter
6. It's Gonna Be Always-Blinky
7. Somebody's Waiting For Me-The Contours
8. A Bird In The Hand (Is Worth Two In The Bush)-Gladys Knight & The Pips
9. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight-Tammi Terrell
10. Why Don't You Come Home-Stevie Wonder
11. You Can Do It-The Miracles
12. You Give Me Love To Live For-Debbie Dean
13. Head Over Heals In Love With You Baby-The Spinners
14. I'd Cry-Chuck Jackson
15. In The Summer-The Lollipops
16. Just Let Me Thank You For Loving Me-The Originals
17. I Feel Like I'm Falling In Love Again - Dennis Edwards
18. Sock It Too Um - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
19. Take Him Back If It Makes You Happy - Fantastic Four
20. Born To Be Bad - Edwin Starr
21. She's All I Need In This World - Marv Johnson
22. Mobile Lil The Dancing Witch - Shorty Long
23. Hey Girl, Come On Do The Pearl - The Agents
24. In The Cool Of The Night - David Ruffin
25. Little Miss Loser - Brenda Holloway