Ponds Forge/Seriously Soulful/Grapevine Review

A quick look back at my weekend soul activities, first up my local night at Ponds Forge, guest tonight was the marvellous Mark Bicknell (has this fellow got any bad records?) highlight on a personal note was Jimmy Robins "I Can't Please Her" (Jerhart) , a surprise visitor was Tim Brown and Emma, thanks to Tim for putting up with my incessant ramblings and soul questions. A usual across the board policy at Ponds Forge keeps the dance floor busy.

Saturday and up early , arrive in London around 6.30 and over to "needles" for Seriously Soulful, Thanks to Ben,Angelo,Liam and Gareth for looking after me, fav sounds for me were David Ruffin "Rode By The Place" ( Motown) and the ever fantastic Carl Hall "What about You" (Columbia), had a nice chat with Soul Sam before his spot ,another quality night to a packed venue.

Next stop Brixton for the Grapevine allnighter, huge pub with a good old fashioned wooden floor, enjoyed the modern room and some great sounds played by Niki Golding. danced my self to a standstill in the Northern room and throughly enjoyed meeting many people thanks to Sharon(last count around 73 :) ). all in all a throughly enjoyable weekend.

Footnote : i'd like to comment on the total unprofessionalism of a certain Dave Rimmer, for allowing me to drink beer at 7.30 in the morning, come on Dave at 39 years of age i am still impressionable,enjoyed the chat mate, see you out and about.

A Weary Brett.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!