Talking About Magic City

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Ey up everyone,

On a similar vein to the Bonnie Brisker thread, I've been pushing the Versatones "With A Broken Heart" here in Oz for a couple of years now but struggling to break it. To my ears this is sheer powerhouse Detroit Northern with almost an equally good flip in "Rollin Rollin". Did this label ever do anything wrong?

Same crack as Bonnie I guess, in the hands of the right DJ it could be monstrous.

Cheers

Pete Down Under :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ey up everyone,

On a similar vein to the Bonnie Brisker thread, I've been pushing the Versatones "With A Broken Heart" here in Oz for a couple of years now but struggling to break it.  To my ears this is sheer powerhouse Detroit Northern with almost an equally good flip in "Rollin Rollin".  Did this label ever do anything wrong?

Same crack as Bonnie I guess, in the hands of the right DJ it could be monstrous.

Cheers

Pete Down Under :unsure:

link

Have all your record got cracks in,in the hands of the wrong DJ could fukc up your stylus... :unsure:

Social source share

Hi Pete,

I think both of these are fantastic records!!

Have played both Bonnie Brisker 'So much lovin' and Versatones 'Broken Heart' out quite a lot over the past couple of years.

You're right though when you say they just don't seem to be able to hit their 'full' potential.

Could be they're a bit too fast - Bonnie Brisker especially - for the scene as it is today.

You don't hear so many 'proper' stormin records being played as you used to.

like the Combinations - 'What you gonna do' or the C.O.D's - 'She's Fire'.

Phew ....... Talk about sorting the men out from the boys!!.....

Ok, it might have something to do with those two records being as rare as something that's really rare, but there are other records every bit as fast....

So where's all this new YOUNG blood that i keep reading about ......?

HOW ABOUT SEEING SOME OF IT ON THE DANCE FLOOR GIVING IT BIG LICKS TO RECORDS LIKE THESE!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert