Big Summer Sales With Soundfile: Mixed Bag Of Rare Or Common Funk/soul/northern/crossver

Guest JohnnyHitman

Guest JohnnyHitman

Johnny Hitman's SUMMER SALES 2009

Need to raise quickly some funds for 2 expensive records I wanna buy. Sopayment within 48h, please. No time wasters, please. Here we go:

My grading system (M-/Vg++/Vg+/Vg/Vg-/G) I don't use Ex, my Vg++ isequal to that!

Shipping for 1-3 records is:

Germany: 2 Euro

Europe: 4,5

Worldwide: 8 Euro

Registered is 2,5 Euro on top

All orders over 100 Euros must be sent registered or you'll do a banktransfer in advance. In fact within European Community it's easy and we both haveno costs. Sorry, but thanks to paypal. My email is robbyfunkytuet"at"hotmail"dot"com so is my paypalaccount if u wanna pay with paypal.

For records without soundfiles I can do them upon request.

Click on the underlined text to listen to the tunes!

Cheers, Rob!

ANN SEXTON - í…¾You're loosing me" (77)

Still one of the best sister funk productions outthere. Must have!

M- 12 Euro

Midtempo funky Soul with heavy drums

M- 8 Euro

THE FABULOUSSOULS "Baby I've got it" (Audio Art)

Deep Funk Classic, what a baseline! Rare promo copy.

Vg+, plays great! 90 Euro

Another deep Funk classic and the instrumental versionof the flip was compiled on BGP Superfunk Vol. 4

M- 150 Euro

MARYLOU "John you're wrong" (Cotillion)

It's the 2nd tune in the mix, clocks in at 3.15min

Great ghetto style Sister Funk. Very raw and rough!

M- 40 Euro

Killer R'n'B with such an infectious intro. Vinyllooks Vg++ with some superficial scratches, dnap.

Unfortunately there's a small hiss at the beginningwhich I had on 3 copies. Might be a pressing fault?

Vg 35 Euro ON HOLD

CARIBEAN GAY TORPEDOS "Tropical Fever" (TropicalBreeze)

Killerislands funk, perfect for the b-boys, longtime deleted release.

Unplayed, M- 12Euro

DIANA ROSS "I'm a Winner" (Motown US)

Perfect tune for the dancefloor with such an uplifting chorus. Maybe her best tune,imo.

Highly recommended!

M- 8 EURO

SAMMY BROWN "Got to leave this town" (Grassroots)

Here's also a download link

Very unique sounding Funk with a touch of calypso. Ifthis was rare it would be massive but it's not.

M- 12 Euro

EDDY JACOBS "Pull my Coat" (Columbia) Radio Station copy

Well, what can I say? Another deep funk classic, oneof the best, doesn't get much better then this. AND u have on both sides thesame tune so basically u pay one and get two copies!

Vg++ 120 Euro

LEE MOSES "Time and Place" (Front Page)

One of my favourites. Gritty funky Soul with a killervoice. Hip heads love it, too!

Vg++ 30 Euro

PRISCILLAPRICA "Rockefeller Jones/ Do I stand a chance with you" (GMC)

Here's a link to the flip: click here

Here to my mix, clocks in at 16min 19sec: https://www.freefunki...o2006-april.mp3

As featured in an older mix from me. Rare one, uptemposister funk with crossover potential. Great deep ballad flip. Donno the goingrate and there's one on the bay for 450$ so I'm open to offers and trades.

Vg++ OFFERS OR TRADES

Uptempo Northern, in the same vein as Chantels"Indian Giver" and seems to be rare and unknown so far, great!

Labels are a bit damaged but the vinyl is nice, compiled here:

Vg++ 65 EURO ON HOLD

THE SWEETHEARTS "They talk too much" (H-III)

Boss uptempo R&B dancefloor killer. Seen and sold for up to 200 quid.

Belson had this for sale a while ago! Soulful torino spin as featured in themix. It's the 11th tune, the one before Ike&Tina Turner, stars at 24:35min.

Vg++ wol 70 EURO

WALTER BEE "Angel Man / Glad I came..." (Robot)

Sublime male voxed Modern Soul/ Crossover dancerthat's starting to crop up on wants lists!! Dancefloor winner! A while agorecommended by Beaver

Flip is nice midtempo funky soul. The soundfile is for Glad I came.., sorry no Angel Man!

M-, 10 EURO

PEGGY LAREY í…¾ Welcome Home" (Sidewalk Promo)

RARE, beautiful mid tempo crossover tune from 1969, as featured on MartinLawrie's website-

í…¾One of my all time favourite soul records, it has that kind of uplifting soulsounds that just carries you off into a much much better place. The openingnotes of this make me sticky in the groin everytime I hear it. Perfection"

Vg+, plays great 80 EURO

SPECIALTOUCH í…¾This Party just for You" (Brackett)

Killer Modern/Boogie tune with a catchy refrain. SOULFUNCTION spin, works wonders on the dancefloor. Click on the link you find asoundfile there!

M- 25 EURO

ELAINE & ELLEN í…¾Fillme up" (Lance)

Same as above, OSLO SOUL EXPERIENCE spin and also played by IAN WRIGHT. The tunefeatured in the link is the 12" version, the 45 version is obviouslyshorter and the intro begins like the 12" version from 0.26 seconds

M- 30 EURO

CORDELLS í…¾You do a thing to my mind" (Steel Town Sound)

Nice, uptempo boogaloo with a mod feeling. Flip shouldappeal more to the northern guys.

M- 25 EURO

Another Modern Soul classic, still sounds so good!

M- 30 Euro ON HOLD

KING ARTHUR " Hey Baby" (Soundscape)

Plays with some light noise, this is in the pressingand every copy has it. Amazingly soulful 70s record that is starting to getsome high profile plays in the soul and funk worlds. 2 sider! have a listen

Looks Ex, plays Vg+ 80 Euro

Rare Dutch only 45 featuring Salena Jones' classictake on Barbara Acklin's 'AmI The Same Girl (Soulful Strut)'. Very sought after record.Stunning smokey soulful vocals from Salena plus a superb horn-heavy jazzyarrangement from Keith Mansfield. Top stuff

Vinyl: M- Sleeve: Vg+ 110 Euro

SUGAR PIE DESANTO í…¾Be Happy" (Soul Clock)

Beautiful midtempo early Northern Soul, rare one andquite unknown so far!

M- 50 Euro

FANTASTIC JOHNNY C "Let's do it together" (Kamasutra)

Underplayed killer tune on Kama Sutra and by far hishardest hitting funk side. Reminds me a bit of Hook'n'Sling.

Vg+, plays better 30Euro

THEESQUIRES NOW "Get Ready/ Have a Party" (Trinidad)

Island Funk from Barbados. Uptempo killer A side andand a heavy midtempo Funk flip makes this a superb doublesider

Vg++ 200 Euro

THE BAND NO NAME "Hot Pants/Them Changes" (NRK)

Long time sold out 7" by the Oslo Soul Crew. Killercover version of James Brown's "Hot Pants" and an equally good flip.

Unplayed, M- 35 Euro

RICARDO MARRERO " Babalonia / My Friend" (DON)

As reissued by Jazzman a while ago, the version tohave of the 4 different labels it came out on. Hard Latin Funk! RicardoMarrero's 'Babalonia' is a bangin' Latin funk instro that has devastateddancefloors for years.

Vg+, plays better 40 Euro

CASH McCALL "I'm in Danger" (Checker)

One of the harder to get checker releases and hardlyturns up for sale. Recommended funky soul.

M- 15 Euro

GLORIA WALKER "When my baby cries/ Gift of Love" (Federal)

One of her rarer releases. Classic soul with a greatvoice!

M- 15 Euro

SILKY VINCENT "FunkyWorld" (Eastbound)

Classic funky Soul outta Ohio.

M- 20 Euro

LITTLE EVE HARRIS "Get Ready- Uptight" (Spring Dj)

Very nice funky uptempo northern soul cut with a kindaof mix of the two classic songs "Get Ready and Uptight"

M-, 15 Euro

Two nice latin soul cuts by Willie Bobo. The soundfileis for "Be's that way"

M-, 10 Euro

VICTORY TRAVELERS " I know I've beenchanged / Contractwith Jesus" (Courtn')

Quite obscure midwest gospel funk with some heavydrums on the a side and a uptempo rnb cut on the flip. Seems to be quiteunknown so far. Donno a going rate for that one so make me an offer.

M- OFFERS

ARTHUR PRYSOCK "House by the side of the Road" (Old Town)

Great mod/r'n'b early soul cheapo which builds andbuilds. Highly recommended by Dave Thorley. Actually u can listen to the recordon his websites:

https://www.topdogrec...ern_Crossover/7

M- 10 Euro

8th AVENUE BAND "Thewhole Thing" (Columbia)

Big revival tune at the mo, killer funky 70's dancer

M- 20 Euro

4th GENERATION "Revolution Phase II" (Teen Town)

Funky soul outta Chicago, once again a soundclip onDave's side:

https://www.topdogrec.../show/45/Funk/1

M- 20 Euro

ERMAFRANKLIN "Big Boss Man" (Shout)

Great funky soul with erma on the vocals!

M- 10 Euro

JIMMYHOLIDAY "I've got a Woman/ Country Girl" (Everest Dj)

Rare one, no price guide for this one. Excellent rockinversion by Jimmy Holiday, quality uptempo rnb. Offers, please. The link is asoundfile to amazon. Plays with VLCplayer, anyway the best player for all media if you haven't it already, nowis the time!

M-, Offers

Holidays "All that is required is You" (Revilot)

Very interesting and unusual group soul. For the more openminded dj's.

You'll find a clip here:

https://dereksdaily45...red-is-you.html

Vg+, plays better

Edited by JohnnyHitman
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest JohnnyHitman

Replied!

Some are on hold now!

Voices of East Harlem, Buddy Ace, Four Hi's sold. Ann Sexton on hold!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert