Dede Warwick / Debra Anderson

Wrongcrowd

Does anyone have any background info on the reasons that Dee Dee Warwick's "Funny How We Changed Places" on Private Stock was issued earlier on Musicor credited to Debra Anderson ? The tracks are exactly the same, and the flips side tracks are too, though the flip titles are different ?? Contractual maybe......:chinstroke:

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest dundeedavie

Does anyone have any background info on the reasons that Dee Dee Warwick's "Funny How We Changed Places" on Private Stock was issued earlier on Musicor credited to Debra Anderson ? The tracks are exactly the same, and the flips side tracks are too, though the flip titles are different ?? Contractual maybe......:chinstroke:

you think they're the same .... i don't . i've always found the debra anderson a lot lot smoother , i'd be surprised if they were the same

Social source share

dee dee warwick came out as dede swarchz on rca a year later in 1976. it was b side on private stock and a side on rca for some reason. these 2 labels play the same recording. debra anderson uses the same backing track but different vocalist to these ears

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

dee dee warwick came out as dede swarchz on rca a year later in 1976. it was b side on private stock and a side on rca for some reason. these 2 labels play the same recording. debra anderson uses the same backing track but different vocalist to these ears

dave

I agree with this Dave thumbsup.gif

Once spent a night playing all three back to back over and over again :wacko:

Dee Dee Warwick (Private Stock) & Dede Scwartz (RCA) same backing track same vocalist same record

Debra Anderson (Musicor) ever so slightly different backing track and a slightly different vocal albeit very similar to the above but i don't think it's Dee Dee as i think Debra Anderson was an artist in her own right (have't checked this but sure someone will know?) I've summat else by her too on a Florida label?

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Yes i agree also, Debra Anderson is a different vocal and better in my opinion, she also had a 45 released on uk Seville which was a Drive (Florida) label release, but not in the same league.

Rob h.

SAME GIRL ------ DIFFERENT SPELLING DEBORAH ANDERSON ON COLUMBIA DONT KNOW WHAT COMING TOMORROW
Social source share

Does anyone have any background info on the reasons that Dee Dee Warwick's "Funny How We Changed Places" on Private Stock was issued earlier on Musicor credited to Debra Anderson ? The tracks are exactly the same, and the flips side tracks are too, though the flip titles are different ?? Contractual maybe......g.gif

Hi Cliff,

Debra Anderson is the original recording and it is by Debra Anderson.

Her original was played as a fairly new release at the Mecca (74).

I've always believed the Dee Dee Schwarz/Warwick to be a cover, fairly soon after the original (a couple of months or so).

Personally, I prefer the Dee Dee, but theres not much between 'em!

Worth noting that, the Dee Dee Warwick also came out twice on Private stock, originally in 74 on 45,011 as DEE DEE and then in 75 on 45,033 as DEDE.

I also have the original UK copy I bought when new!

Like it!

:lol:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Worth noting that, the Dee Dee Warwick also came out twice on Private stock, originally in 74 on 45,011 as DEE DEE and then in 75 on 45,033 as DEDE.

Like it!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Thanks for putting me right on the two releases....I've had a proper listen, and you're all right, it is is a different vocalist, but as Sean says, there's hardly anything between them. Too many years of loud music has obviously taken its toll on my poor old ears..

BTW.....My Private Stock copy is credited to DeDe Warwick, and not Dee Dee Warwick, though it has relese number 45,011, so it seems that there are at least 3 different Private Stock labels.....g.gif .....ok, I'll put my anorak away now...

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Prefer the Debra Anderson version meself Whats it go for? Don't see it as often as the Swarcht/Warwiick copies

BTW Miss Swartch isMiss Warwicks real name

They all go for about the same price usually about £40 - £60 deoending on condition. You're right though, the 'Debra Anderson' doesn't turn up nearly as often. I prefer the 'Schwartz' version on RCA which is also spelt Dede as opposed to Dee Dee and is , IMHO, a little more scarce than the 'Warwick' Private Stock releases (perhaps as noted above because there is more than one release on Private Stock.

BTW SJ, how many Broon Ales had you had when you did the post - "Swarcht/Warwiick copies.." thumbsup.gif

Regards...

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Got to agree that Miss Anderson's version has the fine edge. Well remember this being the version first played at Blackpool Mecca. 75p a go to those with the sense to buy it at the time/

Miss Warwick was moonlightling under her maiden name for the RCA release whilst under contract elsewhere - possibly an attempt to disguise what could otherwise be construed as fundamental breach of contract.

Great record though - all versions !

Take care

John

Social source share

They all go for about the same price usually about £40 - £60 deoending on condition. You're right though, the 'Debra Anderson' doesn't turn up nearly as often. I prefer the 'Schwartz' version on RCA which is also spelt Dede as opposed to Dee Dee and is , IMHO, a little more scarce than the 'Warwick' Private Stock releases (perhaps as noted above because there is more than one release on Private Stock.

BTW SJ, how many Broon Ales had you had when you did the post - "Swarcht/Warwiick copies.." thumbsup.gif

Regards...

i thort that and thats why i sold me uk and us copies on private stock. all i have left now is a dede swarchz rca demo. the private stock was a small soul hit in the states ..... no 80 0dd from memory and probably why it came out over here

dave

Social source share

Interesting... I didn't know about the Debra Anderson version.

I've got an extra copy of the 'DeDe Warwick' version on Private Stock if anyone is looking for one...

Social source share

Hi Cliff,

Debra Anderson is the original recording and it is by Debra Anderson.

Her original was played as a fairly new release at the Mecca (74).

I've always believed the Dee Dee Schwarz/Warwick to be a cover, fairly soon after the original (a couple of months or so).

Personally, I prefer the Dee Dee, but theres not much between 'em!

Like it!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I have the dede copy,i bought it for the a-side:get out of my life.Is that on the 1st press has well?Always wondered if i had a boot cos of the mis spelling but every one i checked with seem to have same copywhistling .

Still think Debra Anderson is the best version:thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!