Annesley Soul Club

Guest krawen

ANNESLEY SOUL CLUB

Established 1998

Well we are into November already ( soon be Xmas :laugh: ) which means we will be serving up another dose of Northern Soul on Saturday 14th November 2009 ( always the 2nd Saturday in the month )

It's a 7.30pm start and goes through till 12.30am (ish)

and it's only a credit crunching £3.50 O.T.D to get in thumbsup.gif

This months guest spinners to entertain your ears and feet are

BRIDGEY

&

STEVE GUTTERIDGE

We've had Steve on a few times in the past but this is the first time we've had Bridgey on, so both me and Pete are looking forward to this .

All the best

Steve B

Edited by krawen
  • Replies 124
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ANNESLEY SOUL CLUB

Established 1998

Well we are into November already ( soon be Xmas laugh.gif ) which means we will be serving up another dose of Northern Soul on Saturday 14th November 2009 ( always the 2nd Saturday in the month )

BRIDGEY

&

STEVE GUTTERIDGE

We've had Steve on a few times in the past but this is the first time we've had Bridgey on, so both me and Pete are looking forward to this .

All the best

Steve B

Hey Up Steve,

Both Linda and myself are really looking forward to our trip down to "The Annesley Soul Club"....thumbup.gif

Had a good owd chin wag with Pete a couple of weeks ago at the Metrodome. He basically said what everyone else has been saying to us about this venue............... "Awesome Place" with a great friendly crowd etc, etc.............. So, Can't Wait....thumbsup.gif

We should be with you from the start, plan on getting there around 7.30 ish.

KTF................ Bridgey & Linda (York)....biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif Hi Bridgey & Linda, It was nice to talk to you to at the Metrodome, Looking forward to your first visit to Annesley and your spot, Should be another crackin night with yourself and Steve Gutteridge on, Hope you have a good one in Jersey, See you soon Pete T. thumbsup.gif

Hey Up Pete,

Likewise, nice to talk to you again, didn't seem 4 months since we last had a chin wag at Bridlington.thumbsup.gif

We are bringing our Adele with us, she needs a "Soul Fix".biggrin.gif

Don't think she'll be dancing much though (8 months Pregnant). whistling.gif

Could you please put the Address & Post Code on your thread.... smile.gif

KTF................. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

thumbsup.gif Hi Bridgey & Linda, It was nice to talk to you to at the Metrodome, Looking forward to your first visit to Annesley and your spot, Should be another crackin night with yourself and Steve Gutteridge on, Hope you have a good one in Jersey, See you soon Pete T. thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to getting behind the Annesley decks once more

Not been to a "Bad-Un" there yet, hope this is no exception good.gif

I`ll do my best to avoid dancefloor tumbleweed LOL tumbleweed3.gif

Looking forward to getting behind the Annesley decks once more

Not been to a "Bad-Un" there yet, hope this is no exception good.gif

I`ll do my best to avoid dancefloor tumbleweed LOL tumbleweed3.gif

Hi Steve, I am sure you will do us proud never heard you do a bad spot yet steve thumbsup.gif

will that nice man Ian Seaman becoming with you .

Hey Up Pete,

Likewise, nice to talk to you again, didn't seem 4 months since we last had a chin wag at Bridlington.thumbsup.gif

We are bringing our Adele with us, she needs a "Soul Fix".biggrin.gif

Don't think she'll be dancing much though (8 months Pregnant). whistling.gif

Could you please put the Address & Post Code on your thread.... smile.gif

KTF................. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Hey Bridgey, The address for Annesley is

good.gifDerby road, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0AP. good.gif

Hi Steve, I am sure you will do us proud never heard you do a bad spot yet steve thumbsup.gif

will that nice man Ian Seaman becoming with you .

Yeah we need to know so we can arrange extra bar staff whistling.giflaugh.gif

ANNESLEY SOUL CLUB

Established 1998

Well we are into November already ( soon be Xmas laugh.gif ) which means we will be serving up another dose of Northern Soul on Saturday 14th November 2009 ( always the 2nd Saturday in the month )

BRIDGEY

&

STEVE GUTTERIDGE

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve,

Will be over for this one, we had Bridgey on at the Fed in August he went down a storm and the Fed floor was thumping, plus it will be good to touch base with Bridgey again,

Regards Mall

Both Linda and myself are really looking forward to our trip down to "The Annesley Soul Club"....

:thumbup:

Had a good owd chin wag with Pete a couple of weeks ago at the Metrodome. He basically said what everyone else has been saying to us about this venue............... "Awesome Place" with a great friendly crowd etc, etc.............. So, Can't Wait....

thumbsup.gif

Hello Ian and Linda, Alan here, I can vouch for the welcome you can be assured of at Annesley, it is my favourite venue in that area. Only sorry I'll miss you being unable to come over this month as I've already got a reserved ticket for something else, but I'm sure you'll have a great time. My best wishes too, to Adele for her new arrival.

Hi Pete and Steve, have a great night and give my regards to all the crowd I know there.

All the best, Alan

Hi Steve,

Will be over for this one, we had Bridgey on at the Fed in August he went down a storm and the Fed floor was thumping, plus it will be good to touch base with Bridgey again,

Regards Mall

Hi Mall, ( U REDS ) Be nice to see you mate Yep Top man that guy

Looking forward to this one myself Ktf Pete T. good.gif

Hi Steve,

Regards Mall

Hi Mall,

We saw Bridgey dj at the Bridlington Weekender this year and was well impressed.

I hope you can make it but I'll be seeing you before then at the Fed, hopefully chatting about how good the Rams looked on TV as they secured 3 points against Coventry swoon.gif

All the best

Steve B

Edited by krawen

Thanks for those kind words Pete.

Annesley = one of the best across the board soul nights in the area

Really lookin` forward to it, trying to drag some Granthamians along also :sleep3:

:thumbup:

We're all looking forward to this one Steve,

Only downside for me is that Karen wont be there , as she is going to climb/ walk up Snowden that weekend for Charity.

Steve B

Guest Dave Turner

Mr Magners laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

magnusPA121006_228x335.jpg

Magners Magnersson

Welcome back Mr Ian Seaman. Your chosen subject for your first round was on collecting quality soul records. You enter the general knowledge round with one point.

Edited by Dave Turner

Hi Pete and Steve

Sorry won't be with you on 14th to support Grantham's own Mr. Steve G, as we will be in Lanzarote at Soul In The Sunthumbup.gif .

Have a good night, see you in December, when Mr. Magner's is behind the decks.

Ian T

Grantham

Hi Ian, Have a good 1 Mate , See you in December with Mr Seaman

KTF Pete T Roll On Tenerife thumbsup.gif

magnusPA121006_228x335.jpg

Magners Magnersson

Welcome back Mr Ian Seaman. Your chosen subject for your first round was on collecting quality soul records. You enter the general knowledge round with one point.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I bet the one point he got was a guess, brilliant tongue.gif

Guest Dave Turner

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I bet the one point he got was a guess, brilliant tongue.gif

No, it wasn't a guess he did actually answer one --

Q. What is the most played record in your collection?

A. The Snake huh.gif

Correct

Mr Seaman you have one point and twenty-six passes now fook off

Edited by Dave Turner

Hello Ian and Linda, Alan here, I can vouch for the welcome you can be assured of at Annesley, it is my favourite venue in that area. Only sorry I'll miss you being unable to come over this month as I've already got a reserved ticket for something else, but I'm sure you'll have a great time. My best wishes too, to Adele for her new arrival.

Hi Pete and Steve, have a great night and give my regards to all the crowd I know there.

All the best, Alan

Hi Allan, Sorry you can't make this one but see you soon mate

Have a good night were ever your going, KTF Pete T.

thumbup.gifIf Saturday night is as good as the comedy on here it`s gonna be BLINDING thumbup.gif

Magners Pyke - He Blinded Me With Foookin Science

Can't beat a bit of comedy Steve , on here or out with your mates yes.gif

Some people seem to take this Northern Soul thing a bit too serious at times ( as I have in the past )

But like you say I'm sure we will have a blinding night saturday thumbsup.gif

Steve B

Can't beat a bit of comedy Steve , on here or out with your mates yes.gif

Some people seem to take this Northern Soul thing a bit too serious at times ( as I have in the past )

But like you say I'm sure we will have a blinding night saturday thumbsup.gif

Steve B

You might think it`s funny now Steve but your up against another quality gig on the 14th November angry.gif

John & Edward on the X Factor laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Wan wanker.gif er`s

You might think it`s funny now Steve but your up against another quality gig on the 14th November angry.gif

John & Edward on the X Factor laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Wan wanker.gif er`s

Do you think we should book them to double deck at our 12th Anniversary next Feb no.giflaugh.gif

Hi Steve,

Regards Mall

Looking forward to seeing you again Mall.

KTF............... Bridgey & Linda...thumbsup.gif

All the best, Alan

Hi Alan,

Sorry you can't make this, hope you have a great night wherever you get too. Hopefully catch up with you at a venue soon.

I have passed on your best wishes to Adele.

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda......thumbup.gif

We saw Bridgey dj at the Bridlington Weekender this year and was well impressed.

Hey Up Steve,

There's nowt like abit of pressure...... LOL.

I'd better get a "Serious Playlist" together for this one then......thumbsup.gif

Only 5 days to go now, bring it on.

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda.....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Ey up Bridgey,

How was the weekender

We had a Fantastic 4 days Steve........thumbsup.gif

Totally knackard now.

The Batteries will be "Charged Up" for Saturday. I'll be back to my Hyperactive Self by then..... LOL

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Edited by Bridgey

We had a Fantastic 4 days Steve........thumbsup.gif

Totally knackard now.

The Batteries will be "Charged Up" for Saturday. I'll be back to my Hyperactive Self by then..... LOL

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda....:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey up Bridgey, Glad you and Linda had a good one mate

see you Saturday Pete.

Hey Pete how are you feeling , as Karen has been in bed since Sunday with swine flu (didn't make soul for heros due to this) I think that has put a stop to her doing that charity walk up Snowden this Saturday :sad:

I spent all yesterday afternoon searching for Kirkby Community Hospital to pick her Tamiflu tablets up ( didn't know Kirkby had a Hospital:ohmy: )

Steve B

Hey Pete how are you feeling , as Karen has been in bed since Sunday with swine flu (didn't make soul for heros due to this) I think that has put a stop to her doing that charity walk up Snowden this Saturday sad.gif

I spent all yesterday afternoon searching for Kirkby Community Hospital to pick her Tamiflu tablets up ( didn't know Kirkby had a Hospitalohmy.gif )

Steve B

Hi Steve. Feel a lot better now mate good.gif Anyway hope Karen get's better soon sleep3.gif

See you saturday wave.gif Now Ian is not comming might get a few Beers beer.gifwhistling.gif

Pete T.

Hi Steve. Feel a lot better now mate good.gif Anyway hope Karen get's better soon sleep3.gif

See you saturday wave.gif Now Ian is not comming might get a few Beers beer.gifwhistling.gif

Pete T.

Yeah, no need to bring the reserved sign for the end of the bar now whistling.giflaugh.gif but i wont throw it away as we'll need it for him in December thumbsup.gif

Steve B

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

The welfare has just been in touch with myself and Pete to inform us of it's imminent closure.

They say it will be shut within four weeks ( possibly )

We have known about this problem for some time now and have decided to make Saturday 14th of November the last night ever at Annesley ( as it could be shut before we get to the December date )

On behalf of everyone that has been involved with helping us run Annesley for the last 12 years, I would like to say a big thank you

Lets make this last night one to remember thumbup.gif

All the best

Steve B

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

The welfare has just been in touch with myself and Pete to inform us of it's imminent closure.

We have known about this problem for some time now and have decided to make Saturday 14th of November the last night ever at Annesley ( as it could be shut before we get to the December date )

On behalf of everyone that has been involved with helping us run Annesley for the last 12 years, I would like to say a big thank you

All the best

Steve B

Hope you send it off in style, will try to get over for this, btw well done on 12 years lads :D

Edited by Biz

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

All the best

Steve B

Hope you have great night to go out on steve, annesley soul club will be sadley missed i`m sure, and its a credit to you and your team for keeping it going for twelve years, good luck and best wishes HARRY & DIthumbup.gif

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

All the best

Steve B

Really sorry to hear this Steve & Pete

The Northern Soul Club scene will be missing one of the best nights / venues in the area

It will be an unexpected Privilege for me to DJ on Saturday night, Lets hope it`s a cracking send off

I had better bring a few more tunes than i originally planned yes.gif requests and all that! might have to put "The Snake" in LOL

See you on Saturday

Steve & Pauline

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve & Pete Sad, Sad news I was born & bred in Annesley, went to Annesley School & they used the welfare for games, prize giving (I never got a prize) & also the Christmas nativity play. One Christmas i was a Mince pie in one of the plays, 40 odd years later I've been back on the stage performing again & enjoyed every minute of it. Sad loss for this small community not just the soul nights but for everybody who lives local & used the the welfare week in week out. This place holds a lot of memories for me...

Like you say Steve let's make it a night to remember. See ya Saturday Cressy

Guest Fatius Bumius

:( Oh dear, sad to see a soul night go. Had some great times at Annesley, some right good laughs sat in that top corner! Those poor old fellas who sit in the back room, awwww, bet it's been part of their routine popping to Annesley Saturday afternoon for donkeys years.

Anyway Cressy, didn't know you was a mincer laugh.gif oh, pie, soz :lol: What are you gonna do with your digger now on the 2nd Saturday afternoon of the month? Hope it's not on auto-pilot :yes:

Going the way of all Clubs in the Area no pits no factories no production

a sad loss to not only the Soul Scene but the Annesley people

Supermarkets should subsidise clubs

absolute shame Thanks to Pete and Steve for all their hard work which is now going down the drain

such a loss

hope you find a new place to play your great tunes out Pete as you have been an ardent supporter of all

local venues for a lot of years

and we thank you

Hi Steve & Pete Sad, Sad news I was born & bred in Annesley, went to Annesley School & they used the welfare for games, prize giving (I never got a prize) & also the Christmas nativity play. One Christmas i was a Mince pie in one of the plays, 40 odd years later I've been back on the stage performing again & enjoyed every minute of it. Sad loss for this small community not just the soul nights but for everybody who lives local & used the the welfare week in week out. This place holds a lot of memories for me...

Like you say Steve let's make it a night to remember. See ya Saturday Cressy

Hi Cressy,

we've both known for a while it was going to happen we just didn't know when, well the when is now this Saturday so lets make it a good one thumbsup.gif

By the way I'm at work Saturday morning so we'll be Setting up at dinner if you want to come down for the last ever afternoon "session"

All the best

Steve B

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

Lets make this last night one to remember :thumbup:

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve & Pete,

12 years an icon of soul in Nottinghamshire will be missed by all who enjoyed some smashing nights at Annesley, in fact a venue that must have brought people back to Northern Soul and introduced new faces onto the scene,Still got all my anniversary badges, thanks for all your input offering great atmospheric nights some red hot ones too, and the best backing of Banners i have seen hung behind the decks, good luck for the future i hope the phoenix will rise,

See you Saturday,

Mall Red

Source Advert