Belvedere Hotel, Bournemouth

Charmain

NORTHERN SOUL, SATURDAY 6 FEBRUARY 2010

Along with RESIDENT DJ STEVE LYONS, INCROWD SOUL SOCIETY the next

event at the BELVEDERE HOTEL, BOURNEMOUTH welcomes

GUEST DJ's DAVE BENTLEY and RICH CHORLEY

who are both stalwarts of the SOUL SCENE.

£6.00 OTD. 8.00 - 1.00

FREE PARKING, ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE, CLOSE TO PIER, BEACH, SHOPS

STEVE LYONS 07780 862774

BOURNEMOUTH 2010

NORTHERN SOUL EASTER WEEKEND PACKAGE

BOURNEMOUTH PIER, GOOD FRIDAY 2 APRIL

BELVEDERE HOTEL, EASTER SATURDAY 3 APRIL

DJ DETAILS COMING SOON.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Charmain. Last time I came along to this there was alot of Modern played. Having only been a couple of times am not sure if that the norm for this event....? Is it likely to be the same?

Hi Charmain. Last time I came along to this there was alot of Modern played. Having only been a couple of times am not sure if that the norm for this event....? Is it likely to be the same?

Sals

There is n't a strict music policy, Steve choses his DJ's for their professionalism and entertainment value.

Saturday 6 February's guest DJ's Dave Bentley and Rich Chorley are both long term Soul music

collectors, between them they have an eclectic mix of music to suit all tastes.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday night, a warm welcome awaits you.

Regards Charmain

Tony and I coming up from Cornwall, booked a room:thumbsup:

Dave Bentley being on has swung it for us :yes:

We have had him down at the Newquay weekenders and he never fails to impress .

We also have some of Neil Rushtons books to sell , £20 only a few mind, so if you want one msg me to reserve it.

see you saturday

Jo and Tony

Guest Dave Mortimore

. To be sure there's going to be some crossover with Dave Bentley on the bill. Which isn't really my bag, but I'm looking forward to hearing Dave's set, not that I've really got a clue what he's going to come up with.

. Some may ask, 'Then why are you looking forward to his music?'

. Well, Dave is one of these guys that bristles with enthusiasm when he talks about the records he's trying to track down and purchase. As he speaks of a certain artist and tune, his head will nod in a knowing fashion and his eyes will light up. I, in response, try to empathize and share some of his enthusiasm. But I'm afraid Dave hasn't cottoned on yet that he's talking to a philistine, when it's comes to knowing what is out there in the far reaches of soul music.

. When I'm speaking with Dave, I realize that he and his kind are in a different league to myself. For he's one of a certain few who are prepared to graft hard, week in week out, putting what they can together to spend a sizeable wedge on records.

. His good lady Tracy must have the difficult task of restraining his addiction to vinyl.

. Another thing about Dave is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. I've made the odd back-handed compliment in jest and he's always taken it in good humour. For this and other reasons, I've got alot of time for Mr. Bentley.

. However, even though I'm not sure what to expect from Dave, as his sets in the past have always varied, I've actually registered some of the titles to the tunes he's acquired and I want to find out what makes his eyes light up so much when he's mentioned them. For these reasons alone, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night at The Belvedere.

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Cant promise a friendly face Matt, but i'll be there lol

I DON'T UNDERSTAND MR SMITHERS...YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE...shades...WELL YOU WILL TOMORROW NIGHT COS I WON'T BE THERE...:wicked:

HAVE A GR8 NIGHT PPL...SORRY BUT WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE THIS ONE AS I'M GONNA MAKE A TRIP DOWN TO SUSSEX SOUL CLUB...thumbsup.gif

ALFIE

Edited by alfie00soul

Source Advert