Put Prices On Wants Please

Mark Bicknell

Would people please start putting prices they are prepared to pay on records as it will save a great deal of time wasting, also might be an idea to actually have the funds in place to pay for records when asking for them, of course there are certain circumstances where a deal can fall apart we have all been there but there seems to be a lot of chancer wants on here where you either don't get a reply if you respond to a want or they offer next to bugger all for the record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think most people (me included) that post a want, usually have a price in mind that they're prepared to pay. If a seller offers a record at below that price, that's fantastic - the sellers happy they got what they wanted for their vinyl and the buyer is happy they got a bargain.

If as a seller you let someone know you want x amount for a record, and that amount is past the buyers threshold, then a courteous PM saying 'no thanks you're too expensive" should suffice. The seller can then either lower their price and/or negotiate, or hope that someone with deeper pockets wants it!

I'm with you on the don't post a want if you ain't got the funds to pay...

Saying that, I'm seriously considering posting up a couple of wants - if one comes up I'll have the money, but if all 3 or 4 - well I'll be scuppered laugh.gif

Social source share