Nolan Porter - Farewell Party

Sunday, 13th June, 2010

What a way to finish the Nolan Porter 'Keep on keeping on' Tour at a venue - The Longacres - that saw major acts in the 1970's and is still keeping the faith today. A great all-dayer/Sunday session from 3pm in the afternoon until 10pm on the night. Your last chance to see Nolan and show your appreciation, before he flies back home to the States. Plus, a special raffle to win a signed Nolan Porter album with the 'Keep on keeping on' Tour 2010.

Awsome across the board sounds from the rising West Midlands crew:-

Dancing Demon Steve (Steve Powell), Hitsville Chalky, Happy Soul Arnie and Sean Haydon (Shorny).

Plus Guest: Elli from Wigan and Mr. Northern Soul - Brian Rae.

Addm: Only £5.00

The Longacres

158 Dilloways Lane,

Willenhall

WV13 3JP

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest HindleyPhil

Sunday, 13th June, 2010

What a way to finish the Nolan Porter 'Keep on keeping on' Tour at a venue - The Longacres - that saw major acts in the 1970's and is still keeping the faith today. A great all-dayer/Sunday session from 3pm in the afternoon until 10pm on the night. Your last chance to see Nolan and show your appreciation, before he flies back home to the States. Plus, a special raffle to win a signed Nolan Porter album with the 'Keep on keeping on' Tour 2010.

Dancing Demon Steve (Steve Powell), Hitsville Chalky, Happy Soul Arnie and Sean Haydon (Shorny).

The Longacres

158 Dilloways Lane,

Willenhall

WV13 3JP

Would love to have come Steve but as you know Nolan is up here at Fays the the night before - but enjoy and our regards to Kath & Chalky

Sunday, 13th June, 2010

The Longacres

158 Dilloways Lane,

Willenhall

WV13 3JP

WOW!!! WHAT A CRACKER!! LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING

NOLAN!! C'MON FOLKS YOU CAN'T MISS THIS ONE!!

MAX....

Sunday, 13th June, 2010

The Longacres

158 Dilloways Lane,

Willenhall

WV13 3JP

Steve what time is Nolan on as I cant make it early on.

Gaz

Steve what time is Nolan on as I cant make it early on.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, not sure of the time yet, but it certainly will be later on in the night. Will let you know.

WOW!!! WHAT A CRACKER!! LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING

NOLAN!! C'MON FOLKS YOU CAN'T MISS THIS ONE!!

MAX....

Once again Max thanks for your support, you're always there as a friend when needed and the best in the soul business.

Keep the faith always!!

Steve & Kath

The Longacres - a great place to get to see Nolan (singing all your favorite tracks + more) if you've missed him elsewhere or want to see him again! A nice large venue, 200+ capacity, dance floor, bar and large car park and easily accessible from the motorway. Plus great music from top DJ's -

ALL FOR A FIVER !!

If he didn't know, his mighty 'If I could only be sure' made it to Japan, as did his ABC LP...sorry I should've put that in the picture too!

Here are the stock and WD copies...quite rare!

:P

Wow that's really interesting, I'll pass the info onto Nolan when he's over here. Thanks mate. thumbsup.gif

Had you seen the old photo's I posted of Long Acres Sunday All Dayer back in the day?

Must be old the photo's are in black and white :-)

Wow, just found them, brought back some great memories from a venue that's had a share of the heart of soul. Some great people on those pics, Jackie & Andy Nesbit, little Jackie & Daz, Maypole and your good self, a young Mr. John Pugh. thumbsup.gif Have a couple of photo's tooked away somewhere myself from DJ-ing at the place in 1975/6, will have to brush the cobwebs off them first though. laugh.gif

Hope you can make it to see Nolan Porter at this great venue - and listen to the pure northern soul sounds at The Longacres, and spread the word hatsoff2.gif

Edited by Guest

went past the place just a few days ago, first time in ages. I was surprised with so many pubs going to see it still there. We've lost so many decent places that had function rooms we needto look after the ones that are still there.

mind you what really made me smile was the little chippy next door, happy memories of nipping out from the soul nites & dayers for a quick feed :-)

btw anybody seen anything of our old mate Paul Everton ?

(thanks for saying young, ....I only wish it were true :-)

went past the place just a few days ago, first time in ages. I was surprised with so many pubs going to see it still there. We've lost so many decent places that had function rooms we needto look after the ones that are still there.

mind you what really made me smile was the little chippy next door, happy memories of nipping out from the soul nites & dayers for a quick feed :-)

btw anybody seen anything of our old mate Paul Everton ?

(thanks for saying young, ....I only wish it were true :-)

Hopefully if we can kick The Longacres into touch, we can try and get this going as a regular venue for northern soul fans and not 'handbaggers', as seems to be the case locally.

Haven't seen Paul Everton, but it would be nice to see if we can get everybody back together again.

Don't forget....NOLAN PORTER - Sunday June 13th - 3pm - 10 pm

Edited by Guest

Guest the pard

Me and jan are lookin forward to this one -Nolan Porter at the longacres fantastic !! so come on soulers support it hypo.gif -

pard and jan

Me and jan are lookin forward to this one -Nolan Porter at the longacres fantastic !! so come on soulers support it hypo.gif -

pard and jan

yes its true nolan porter live at the longacres , and at a venue of pure past northern soul memorys,and those still to come.plus some cracking tunes to shake the rafters.yes.gif see you both there making northern soul historythumbsup.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

Hopefully if we can kick The Longacres into touch, we can try and get this going as a regular venue for northern soul fans and not 'handbaggers', as seems to be the case locally.

Haven't seen Paul Everton, but it would be nice to see if we can get everybody back together again.

Don't forget....NOLAN PORTER - Sunday June 13th - 3pm - 10 pm

I've just bought myself a new handbag especially for this too. Well, if they aint welcome, i'm taking it back. :wink:

I've just bought myself a new handbag especially for this too. Well, if they aint welcome, i'm taking it back. wink.gif

Will make an exception in your case Sean (as long as you don't dance round it). laugh.gif

For the record, The Longacres is 100% northern soul of all genres (including men with handbags). :no::thumbsup:

Will make an exception in your case Sean (as long as you don't dance round it). :yes:

For the record, The Longacres is 100% northern soul of all genres (including men with handbags). :thumbsup::lol:

Hope it all goes well for you Steve,hope to see you next month.

Hope it all goes well for you Steve,hope to see you next month.

thanks for your kind comments ,but no matter where we all are over the following week.we will all be keeping the faith, and look forward to seeing you soon.thumbsup.gif

Dont miss out ,sunday june 13 be there:hatsoff2: ps, picked nolan up from airport with chalky, and boy is he looking forward to belting out those tunes and meeting his fans. all at the longacres. all at a credit crunch five pounds admission.

Edited by Guest

dont forget there will be a sighned white demo nolan porter lp to be won in a rafflethumbsup.gif at the longacres. along with nolan singing live ,so dont miss out ,sunday june 13 be therehatsoff2.gif ps, picked nolan up from airport with chalky, and boy is he looking forward to belting out those tunes and meeting his fans. all at the longacres. all at a credit crunch five pounds admission.

after nolans gig at nuneaton last night and the start of his tour,i can only express the words of ,pure magic. lets all send nolan home with a farewell gig at the longacres that he will never forgetthumbsup.gif sunday june 13th 3pm .till 10pm.

Guest HindleyPhil

Yes Nearly time ... Nolan porter ! come on let's give him a big big party on sunday ..its going to be a great time .

see you soon and have a great night Steve,Kath,Chalky

Guest Sean Haydon

One day to go and really looking forward to tomorrow. Out last night at Harpo's party and there's quite a few coming along so should be a good un!

Can't wait!

Any idea of DJ times?

Sean

DJ Times: (Approx. Changes may occur)

3:00 - 3:30 Arny

3:30 - 4:30 - Dancing Demon Steve

4:30 - 5:30 - Wigan Elli

5:30 - 6:30 - Hitsville Chalky

6:30 - 7:30 Shorny

7:30 - 8:30 - Brian Rae

8:30 - 9:00 approx. NOLAN PORTER LIVE

9:00 - 10:00 - Dancing Demon Steve & Arny

Guest Sean Haydon

DJ Times: (Approx. Changes may occur)

3:00 - 3:30 Arny

3:30 - 4:30 - Dancing Demon Steve

4:30 - 5:30 - Wigan Elli

5:30 - 6:30 - Hitsville Chalky

6:30 - 7:30 Shorny

7:30 - 8:30 - Brian Rae

8:30 - 9:00 approx. NOLAN PORTER LIVE

9:00 - 10:00 - Dancing Demon Steve & Arny

Cheers mate, suits me fine. I'll be there from the start anyway. Brian Rae too, one of my all time favourite DJ's. That's a big Bonus!thumbsup.gif

See ya tomorrow

Sean

Well its time for Nolan Porters Farewell Party and a special night for Demon Steve and Kath .. Many thanks to you both for all your Help and driving us to venues from myself and Nolan Porter ... thumbsup.gif right get down to this place and see The One and Only .." Nolan Porter " last live uk show before he fly's back to LA ..... COME ON LETS PARTY ! and some fantatsic polo shirts of keep on keeping on ..2010 on sale not many left made Kath yes.gif and of course the tribute to the one and only Blue Max .

Source Advert