Twisted Wheel, Manchester - Sun 13Th Jun, 3Pm - 8Pm

Hi Everyone,

Who's going to the Wheel on Sunday 13th June?

Where are you travelling from?

Have you been before?

We've been 8 times and never had a disappointing day. (unfortunately we can't make everyone).

We travel on the train from York and make a full day out of it. We always meet up with friends from different parts of the country (who train travel like us).

We usually have a Sunday Lunch in The Bull across from Piccadilly Station before we make the 100 metre trek around the corner to The Wheel.

If you haven't been and would like more information about this venue, you can visit the Wheel web site at: https://www.twistedwheel.net/

KTF...................... Bridgey & Linda (York).

Edited by Bridgey
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With this venue getting anything from 600 - 800 people, I thought there would have been a few members on here that may be going???

I started this thread just through interest of knowing how far people do travel to this "Awesome Sunday Afternoon" venue???

KTF................ Bridgey

With this venue getting anything from 600 - 800 people, I thought there would have been a few members on here that may be going???

I started this thread just through interest of knowing how far people do travel to this "Awesome Sunday Afternoon" venue???

I've been once- not really for me.

As I've said I don't get the attraction of Sunday Afternoon do's-neither one thing ofr the other-

But, Pete's obviously got it right and it's me that's outta step.

Ah well-never mind

Regards

Tony

Guest proudlove

As I've said I don't get the attraction of Sunday Afternoon do's-neither one thing ofr the other-

Ah well-never mind

Regards

Tony

[

I'm out of step with you mate..............don't do daytime do's

Steve

Edited by proudlove
Guest Brigid

My Sister Ethna and myself went to the last one, we were always planning to go to the May one (our first on a Sunday) but at the last minute didn't think we would make it, however things turned around and we did, although not getting there until about 6 pm. We checked into our hotel and dashed straight around the corner to the Wheel.

Well it may be an afternoon gig but once inside you would never know, the atmosphere hits you in the face the minute you walk in and you would be forgiven for thinking it was 12 pm at night.

Had an absolute brilliant time, got some good photos of Matchey being accosted by one of the Fallon sisters, waiting for them to be sent to me to post. Danced every minute until the last record. Once finished ended up in the pub on the corner singing Kareoke (well not me but others).

Would recommend it highly. By the way Bridgey we trained it from Nottingham, as the service is so slow on a Sunday didn't fancy the return journey that night though.

Would like to go to every one but probably won't make it again until later in the year. Well done to the organisers.

Brigid

Ah well-never mind

Regards

Tony

Hey Up Tony,

I suppose that's the great thing about the scene nowadays. Variety.

Your right mate, I also think Pete as got it right and I wouldn't say you are "Outta Step".......... That's just your personal choice.

Hopefully catch up with you at Burscough Legion in the near future.

Cheers, Bridgey

My Sister Ethna and myself went to the last one, we were always planning to go to the May one (our first on a Sunday) but at the last minute didn't think we would make it, however things turned around and we did, although not getting there until about 6 pm. We checked into our hotel and dashed straight around the corner to the Wheel.

Well it may be an afternoon gig but once inside you would never know, the atmosphere hits you in the face the minute you walk in and you would be forgiven for thinking it was 12 pm at night.

Had an absolute brilliant time, got some good photos of Matchey being accosted by one of the Fallon sisters, waiting for them to be sent to me to post. Danced every minute until the last record. Once finished ended up in the pub on the corner singing Kareoke (well not me but others).

Would recommend it highly. By the way Bridgey we trained it from Nottingham, as the service is so slow on a Sunday didn't fancy the return journey that night though.

Would like to go to every one but probably won't make it again until later in the year. Well done to the organisers.

Brigid

Great little story Brigid,

We also love that about the Wheel, once you go down the steps at 3pm (or your case 6pm, unfortunately) and into the venue, if you didn't look at your watch, it could easily be late at night or early morning. We usually meet up with friends from Nottingham and also other parts of the country. But like you we can't always make everyone.

Take care and enjoy your Soul Travels.

KTF.................... Bridgey

HI BRIDGEY I,M GOING HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE DAY

ALSO WE HAVE THE BOYS GUESTING AT THE HAROLD CLUB ON THE 19TH JUNE(SAT)

AT THE HAROLD SOUL CLUB (BRADFORD) SHOULD BE ONE TOP NIGHT.

Hi Lawrence,

Looking forward to meeting up. Are you on the train or travelling over with Jools??? Which ever, we will no doubt see you in the Bull first.

We can't make your venue on the 19th June, we are going to Fitzy's "Big 6 0" that night. But I'm sure you will have a full night as always at The Harold Club.

See you on the 13th mate,

KTF.................. Bridgey

Guest mvb031259

We make a round trip of 160 miles and never miss a Sunday session and make the odd Fri nights when work permits...... Next Sunday will be packed as Joss from Amsterdam will be upstairs with all his Motown footage, this generally creates even more interest...... A lot of Wheel goers don't use this forum much and wheel posts don't get too much interest for some reason on here..... There is a dedicated Wheel forum for Wheel lovers if you are interested in Wheel music etc, here's the link

https://www.twistedwheelclub.com/

Love the wheel however only do the ones when I'm off the day after now!!

(Travel from Rochdale)

Although would recommend it for it's great atmosphere thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hi Everybody,

If your in doubt about going to the Wheel on the 13th, I've got got some great new(old) videofootage of Wheelfavourites to show you in the upstairs room. Martha & The Vandellas-I'm Ready For Love, Willie Mitchell-That Driving Beat, Jess&James-Move, Sam&Dave-Soothe Me, Howlin Wolf-Smokestack Lightning, Junior Walker-How Sweet It Is, Major Lance-Come See, and more. Even some St Louis Union (don't know if that was a Wheeltrack or not but they played in Brazenose Street)

So jump on that train to Picadilly Station and que up in time because if there's as much people in as last time I DJ-d, it will be (in Pete's words) "packed to the rafters!"

See you there!

Jos from Amsterdam.

Hi Everybody,

If your in doubt about going to the Wheel on the 13th, I've got got some great new(old) videofootage of Wheelfavourites to show you in the upstairs room. Martha & The Vandellas-I'm Ready For Love, Willie Mitchell-That Driving Beat, Jess&James-Move, Sam&Dave-Soothe Me, Howlin Wolf-Smokestack Lightning, Junior Walker-How Sweet It Is, Major Lance-Come See, and more. Even some St Louis Union (don't know if that was a Wheeltrack or not but they played in Brazenose Street)

So jump on that train to Picadilly Station and que up in time because if there's as much people in as last time I DJ-d, it will be (in Pete's words) "packed to the rafters!"

See you there!

Jos from Amsterdam.

Hi Jos,

Looking forward to your set. Yes we made it, the last time you was on. We started down in the main room and then ventured upstairs!!! (Only about 6 steps... LOL) to where you was

DJ-in ............. Awesome.

Good luck on Sunday, have a great day and enjoy what you play.

KTF................. Bridgey

Edited by Bridgey

Hi Everyone,

Who's going to the Wheel on Sunday 13th June?

Where are you travelling from?

Have you been before?

We've been 8 times and never had a disappointing day. (unfortunately we can't make everyone).

We travel on the train from York and make a full day out of it. We always meet up with friends from different parts of the country (who train travel like us).

We usually have a Sunday Lunch in The Bull across from Piccadilly Station before we make the 100 metre trek around the corner to The Wheel.

If you haven't been and would like more information about this venue, you can visit the Wheel web site at: https://www.twistedwheel.net/

KTF...................... Bridgey & Linda (York).

hi ian we will definitely be there with the rest of the corner crew

we are very lucky as we only live 12 minutes away on the train ,and have only missed two sunday sessions since they started ( due to holidays )

and have managed to do all the friday sessions in the last couple of years

i dont know if you know this but the wheel celebrates its tenth anniversary next month quite a achievement i think in this day and age ( actullay run longer than the original wheel) see you sunday sue and kev (manchester sue )

We make a round trip of 160 miles and never miss a Sunday session and make the odd Fri nights when work permits...... Next Sunday will be packed as Joss from Amsterdam will be upstairs with all his Motown footage, this generally creates even more interest...... A lot of Wheel goers don't use this forum much and wheel posts don't get too much interest for some reason on here..... There is a dedicated Wheel forum for Wheel lovers if you are interested in Wheel music etc, here's the link

https://www.twistedwheelclub.com/

Nice One Mike,

Thanks for putting me onto the Wheel Forum. I'm now a fully fledged member.

Really looking forward to Sunday now. Even more so, that Sue pointed out its actually the Wheel's 10th Anniversary as well.

Take Care and KTF...................... Bridgey

Edited by Bridgey

Love the wheel however only do the ones when I'm off the day after now!!

(Travel from Rochdale)

Although would recommend it for it's great atmosphere thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hi Sandra,

Hope you can make this Sunday, Sue has pointed out that it's actually the Wheel's 10th Anniversary. So a special day to be there.

All the very best and KTF......................... Bridgey

hi ian we will definitely be there with the rest of the corner crew

we are very lucky as we only live 12 minutes away on the train ,and have only missed two sunday sessions since they started ( due to holidays )

and have managed to do all the friday sessions in the last couple of years

i dont know if you know this but the wheel celebrates its tenth anniversary next month quite a achievement i think in this day and age ( actullay run longer than the original wheel) see you sunday sue and kev (manchester sue )

Hiya Sue,

Linda posted the CD covers to you on Saturday, so hopefully you should have got them today. We are really looking forward to Sunday now, especially if you, Kev, Pat & Alan can make it to the Bull before.

Living 12 minutes away can be a bonus I suppose, but must say we do enjoy making a full day out of it with the travelling etc.

It'll be great to see you all again.

KTF.................... Bridgey

Hi Sandra,

Hope you can make this Sunday, Sue has pointed out that it's actually the Wheel's 10th Anniversary. So a special day to be there.

All the very best and KTF......................... Bridgey

Hiya Bridgey,

just to point out that the 10th annivesary is actually in July,the Friday night,but as you've no doubt discovered every time is special at the wheel!

Come over and say hello this Sunday.

Bernard(another of the "corner crew")

Hiya Bridgey,

just to point out that the 10th annivesary is actually in July,the Friday night,but as you've no doubt discovered every time is special at the wheel!

Come over and say hello this Sunday.

Bernard(another of the "corner crew")

Hey Up Bernard,

I'm sure Sue & Kev introduced us to you at a previous Sunday Venue?? It's just putting names to faces. Hopefully catch up for a chat on Sunday.

KTF....................... Bridgey

It's finally here....:thumbup:

Just setting off for a nice slow walk to York Train Station....:wave:

Arrive Manchester Piccadilly at 1235....:hypo:

Sunday Dinner in The Bull, washed down with Newky Brown....:beer:

Then it's round the corner at 3pm....:onto: for a fantastic day at The Wheel....:D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssssss....:yes:

Source Advert