Mixed Bag Of Quality Northern & Rnb (Part 2)

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Here's batch #2:-

Prices in GBP. Payment by PayPal gift adding £3 for airmail anywhere (insurance extra). Money back if not happy. PM or email northernsoulman@iinet.net.au with enquiries. Grading M-/E/VG+/VG/VG-/G. I'll entertain offers (particularly for multiples) but nowt daft, I think these prices are pretty competitive.

1) Jimmy Helms - That's The Way It Is - Oracle (M-) £35 I really should grade this mint, it doesn't look like it's seen a needle. Proper Northern Soul just waiting for somebody to light the touch paper.

2) Tyrone Barkley - Man Of Value - Midsong (E) £35 The ever popular mellower version of the Del-Royals 60s original.

post-2737-090150600 1281535114_thumb.jpg

3) Lloyd Price - Oh, Lady Luck - Monument demo (M-) £40 Former cover up I think? still filling floors at the right places - in virtually unplayed condition.

post-2737-024870100 1281535464_thumb.jpg

4) Jeany Reynolds - Down On Me - Mainstream demo (E) £100 Karl Heard cover up from the old Burnley Allnighters, you won't be seeing another one of these in a hurry

5) James Spencer - In-Law Trouble - Taurus (VG+) £40 Thumping RnB enough said, just click the refosoul link.

6) Lamont Cranston Band - Takin' A Chance - Waterhouse (M-) £50 Famously covered up at Wigan as Williams & Watson, that's how good they thought it was back then. Comes with the usual picture sleeve.

post-2737-093496800 1281536113_thumb.jpg

7) Ithacas - If You Want My Love - Fee Bee (VG+) £75 Here's one for DJs looking for something a different dancer to launch, quite rare too.

8) Johnny Olenn & The Extremes - Gotta Keep Movin' (Keep Movin' On) - Dee Gee (E+) £75 This is the same song as the popular Charles Lamont & The Extremes on Challenge but grittier and more uptempo.

post-2737-052125200 1281536626_thumb.jpg

9) Big Daddy Green - Lady In Red - Anla (M-) £20 One for RnB jocks & collectors, guaranteed floor filler

10) WIlie Harper - But I Couldn't - Alon (E) £15 Respected oldie, still sounding good to my ears.

post-2737-042287400 1281537317_thumb.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking..........Pete:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here's batch #2:-

Prices in GBP. Payment by PayPal gift adding £3 for airmail anywhere (insurance extra). Money back if not happy. PM or email northernsoulman@iinet.net.au with enquiries. Grading M-/E/VG+/VG/VG-/G. I'll entertain offers (particularly for multiples) but nowt daft, I think these prices are pretty competitive.

1) Jimmy Helms - That's The Way It Is - Oracle (M-) £35 I really should grade this mint, it doesn't look like it's seen a needle. Proper Northern Soul just waiting for somebody to light the touch paper.

2) Tyrone Barkley - Man Of Value - Midsong (E) £35 The ever popular mellower version of the Del-Royals 60s original.

post-2737-090150600 1281535114_thumb.jpg

3) Lloyd Price - Oh, Lady Luck - Monument demo (M-) £40 Former cover up I think? still filling floors at the right places - in virtually unplayed condition.

post-2737-024870100 1281535464_thumb.jpg

4) Jeany Reynolds - Down On Me - Mainstream demo (E) £100 Karl Heard cover up from the old Burnley Allnighters, you won't be seeing another one of these in a hurry

5) James Spencer - In-Law Trouble - Taurus (VG+) £40 Thumping RnB enough said, just click the refosoul link.

6) Lamont Cranston Band - Takin' A Chance - Waterhouse (M-) £50 Famously covered up at Wigan as Williams & Watson, that's how good they thought it was back then. Comes with the usual picture sleeve.

post-2737-093496800 1281536113_thumb.jpg

7) Ithacas - If You Want My Love - Fee Bee (VG+) £75 Here's one for DJs looking for something a different dancer to launch, quite rare too.

8) Johnny Olenn & The Extremes - Gotta Keep Movin' (Keep Movin' On) - Dee Gee (E+) £75 This is the same song as the popular Charles Lamont & The Extremes on Challenge but grittier and more uptempo.

post-2737-052125200 1281536626_thumb.jpg

9) Big Daddy Green - Lady In Red - Anla (M-) £20 One for RnB jocks & collectors, guaranteed floor filler

10) WIlie Harper - But I Couldn't - Alon (E) £15 Respected oldie, still sounding good to my ears.

post-2737-042287400 1281537317_thumb.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking..........Pete:thumbsup:

PM'd you

Social source share

Jimmy Helms a very hard tune to find and worth every penny and 1 im giving plays at the moment :(

Got to agree that it's worth every penny of the asking price, filled the floor at Lifeline when I gave it a spin at the first Brookfields night yet I can't remember playing it out since so might dust my copy off...as Mark said it got some spins at Wigan but isn't widely known so guess you could play it in the rare and oldies rooms :D

Oh, PM on it's way...soon as I type and send it!

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Well I clearly fooked up with the Jimmy Helms pricing - 7 immediate enquiries!:thumbsup: So what do you reckon the market value is?

This is on HOLD, along with Jeany Reynolds, Johnny Olenn, Ithacas, James Spencer & Big Daddy Green

Cheers.............Pete

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Got to agree that it's worth every penny of the asking price, filled the floor at Lifeline when I gave it a spin at the first Brookfields night yet I can't remember playing it out since so might dust my copy off...as Mark said it got some spins at Wigan but isn't widely known so guess you could play it in the rare and oldies rooms :yes:

Oh, PM on it's way...soon as I type and send it!

Its a totally unknown to all ive played it too Adam so unless peeps was at Wigan when it was played its defo not an Oldie to me but would love to hear it get played at an Oldies night just to see the reaction to it :thumbsup: i have a Issue that plays through with a hiss and a Demo know that plays perfect, i had to wait 3 years to find another copy and i had been searching long and hard for it too, anyone wanna buy a hissy Issue from me :yes:

Social source share

Its a totally unknown to all ive played it too Adam so unless peeps was at Wigan when it was played its defo not an Oldie to me but would love to hear it get played at an Oldies night just to see the reaction to it :thumbsup: i have a Issue that plays through with a hiss and a Demo know that plays perfect, i had to wait 3 years to find another copy and i had been searching long and hard for it too, anyone wanna buy a hissy Issue from me :(

Interesting, I've had 2 issues which both had hiss in the right channel upto the break about two thirds through the track. The demos I've had all played without any probs. I remember I used this as the first track on the first compilation cd I gave out and a lot of people asked about it, No more than 2-3years ago and I had about 6 copies at the time! All went very quickly to couple mates and people like Killa and Johnny Fingers for between £20-£30. At the time I could source copies fairly easily but must admit I've not seen it around for some time now. Would think it's a £50-£75 record now? Def the rarest of his Oracle releases. Whatever it's rarity and value the main thing is it's a fooking brilliant dancer :yes:.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert