Big-c

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI PETE,

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN ON THE "SENSIBLE OFFER" I HAVE ON THE 45, I WISH TO SELL.

I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT PAY £17,500 FOR FRANK WILSON BUT SOMEONE PAID IT!

I HOPE YOU SHOW THE SAME CONCERN TO OTHER MAIN UK AND INTERNATIONAL RECORD DEALERS THAT YOU HAVE SHOWN ME!

I TOO, AGREE RECORDS HAVE SHOT THROUGH THE ROOF AND PEOPLE ARE CASHING IN ON "HARD" AND "EASY" TO FIND TUNES.

I DON`T NEED TO SELL THIS RECORD, BUT WHY SHOULD A KNOWN UK DEALER SELL THIS ITEM FOR 5 TIMES AS MUCH AS YOUR VALUE?

THERE FOR I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST WITH YOUR OWN RECORD LIST.

VERY BEST REGARDS,

BIG C.:thumbsup:

Social source share

I've explained this to you by PM, if you want to make it public, fine by me.

Firsty, I was made moderator of this section and told to moderate it properly, which I am attempting to do.

The record you are asking 'sensible offers' for is not rare in the slightest. It's worth around £50 MAXIMUM. Just because someone paid £200 for it in a John Manship auction doesn't automatically make it a rare record, it just meant two people wanted it and the price went up. There are countless examples of JM selling records for 5 times their book price. In John Manships' own UK label price guide, he lists it at £60.

Therefore, a 'sensible offer' for your record would be £40 to £60.

I also have a copy for sale. What if someone comes on here, makes you an offer of £200 and I list mine the same day for £50? He's not going to be happy.

I asked you a simple question, "why would anyone ask for offers on this record".

If you want to take this further, you are welcome to contact Mike, the site owner.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert