A Fistful Of Soul @ Broad Lane Essington Wolverhampton

Just like to thank everyone for attending the opening night of Fistful of Soul @ Broad Lane last night and helping Martin and Jellybean celebrate their 29th Wedding Anniversary in amazing style.

From start to finish it was a buzzing evening in traditional soul night suroundings, where I am fortunate to have spent many a happy evening both dancing to and spinning out some superb music, and which for me is my spiritual home since moving back to the Midlands.

Right from the start it looked promising, with some folks through the door whom I hadn't seen for some time, but who supported the venue pretty much every time our music was played there in recent years, not only that but they assumed their position at what was their regular table in times gone past - welcome the Telford Tribe :thumbsup:

Great to see so many people turn up at what is traditionally a quiet time of the year and I was amazed to meet travellers from all parts, notably Barmouth and even more amazing, a group of lads up from Wiltshire, plus old friends from Notingham, Cheltenham and Oxford as well as local true soul afficienados.

Musically, all the dj's played a great cross section of tunes right from Jellybean and Martins opening session to their ending of the evening with a still full dance floor and people wanting more.

Top spots for me were Al Shaw - who had me gagging to own most of his set, and of course special guest Litttle Scotty who as usual provided his own sparkling brand of entertainment.

As with any opening night we had one or two glitches but the only hand bag to be seen was the one we were keeping the entrance money in cos we forgot the cash box ohmy.gif

Thanks again for the support - next month the night moves to the regular spot of the first Saturday (5th Feb) - with special guest Gary Holyman

Keep on keeping on

Wulfie :thumbsup:

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just like to thank everyone for attending the opening night of Fistful of Soul @ Broad Lane last night and helping Martin and Jellybean celebrate their 29th Wedding Anniversary in amazing style.

From start to finish it was a buzzing evening in traditional soul night suroundings, where I am fortunate to have spent many a happy evening both dancing to and spinning out some superb music, and which for me is my spiritual home since moving back to the Midlands.

Right from the start it looked promising, with some folks through the door whom I hadn't seen for some time, but who supported the venue pretty much every time our music was played there in recent years, not only that but they assumed their position at what was their regular table in times gone past - welcome the Telford Tribe :thumbsup:

Great to see so many people turn up at what is traditionally a quiet time of the year and I was amazed to meet travellers from all parts, notably Barmouth and even more amazing, a group of lads up from Wiltshire, plus old friends from Notingham, Cheltenham and Oxford as well as local true soul afficienados.

Musically, all the dj's played a great cross section of tunes right from Jellybean and Martins opening session to their ending of the evening with a still full dance floor and people wanting more.

Top spots for me were Al Shaw - who had me gagging to own most of his set, and of course special guest Litttle Scotty who as usual provided his own sparkling brand of entertainment.

As with any opening night we had one or two glitches but the only hand bag to be seen was the one we were keeping the entrance money in cos we forgot the cash box :ohmy:

Thanks again for the support - next month the night moves to the regular spot of the first Saturday (5th Feb) - with special guest Gary Holyman

Keep on keeping on

Wulfie thumbsup.gif

You've summed the night up very nicely there Dave :no: I couldn't have put it better meself,even right down to the one and only handbag in the room :lol: must remember the cash box next time!!! :yes::lol:

Anyway thankyou to everyone that attended from near & far lastnight and to our very special guest Little Scotty who did the bizz,as we knew he would of course thumbup.gif also top top tunes played from our res DJ's,I think its safe to say that everyone had a great time jugding by the dancefloor & the happy smiling faces :) .Our Annie did a sterling job on the door aswell :yes:

Must thank all the bar staff for their hard work and they kept the beer flowing all night long :hypo:

Big hugs & kisses to :wub: Annie & Wulfie :wub: for our special wedding anniversary cake they had made for us,it looked beautiful and its yummy too!!!! :thumbsup: And thankyou to lots of friends that bought us cards & pressies too,bless you all. :wub:

So needless to say that its onwards & upwards we go!!!! :thumbup: See you all back home on SATURDAY the 5th Feb!!!! :thumbup:

JB x x x KTF x x x

Edited by JELLYBEAN

You've summed the night up very nicely there Dave :hatsoff2: I couldn't have put it better meself,even right down to the one and only handbag in the room :lol: must remember the cash box next time!!! :yes::P

Anyway thankyou to everyone that attended from near & far lastnight and to our very special guest Little Scotty who did the bizz,as we knew he would of course thumbup.gif also top top tunes played from our res DJ's,I think its safe to say that everyone had a great time jugding by the dancefloor & the happy smiling faces :) .Our Annie did a sterling job on the door aswell :wave:

Must thank all the bar staff for their hard work and they kept the beer flowing all night long :lol:

Big hugs & kisses to :D Annie & Wulfie :thumbsup: for our special wedding anniversary cake they had made for us,it looked beautiful and its yummy too!!!! :hatsoff2: And thankyou to lots of friends that bought us cards & pressies too,bless you all. :wub:

So needless to say that its onwards & upwards we go!!!! :wave: See you all back home on SATURDAY the 5th Feb!!!! :wave:

JB x x x KTF x x x

Not alot more to say about the night that hasn,t been said . thanks to little scotty for doing our guest spot and thanks for everyone who came and made it a great night on our 29th wedding anniversarry . see you all in feb .

Guest Big Al 68

What a great night,from entering the room and hearing a superb early doors set from JB & Martin,Wulfie's

wonderful & totally across the board set, guest Little Scotty pulling out a few gems & forgotten oldies,to the

last few notes of "The Drifter" at the end !! The room was still half full 30 mins after the last record,no one seemed to want to go home !!

But at the end of the day,like all venues,it's down to the punters,and I think we have got one the friendliest,

open minded & knowledgable crowds around. So to all that attended,THANKYOU :thumbup::lol:

P.S Wulfie,thanks for the comments,but totally unwarranted,theres plenty in YOUR boxes

that I could happily commit a crime or two for !!

Just like to add my 2pence worth.Great to see the old place jumpin' again,it's been too long away!!

Great sets by all D.J.s....even my old legs were twitching a bit, and that doesn't happen often nowadays!!!

All the best to Mart & Hell's Bells ...29 Years ..You're still learners.

Looking forward to the next one

Alan & Pat

P.S.

I agree with Wolfie.....Cracking stuff Al

Source Advert