Seven day lover - James Brown???

I have always like the James Fountain version but I was told many many years ago that JB did a version. low and behold I was sat in Saints Club about 10 years ago and another version was played in the warm up. It sounded so like JB I didn't bother to go and ask the DJ. Now when I ask anyone I get blank expressions even from long established DJ's - Did I dream this? Can anyone tell me anything about this - 45 only? LP only? on any CD?

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sure once heard a "similar" whisper about jb and this song..??

what was the score on the ix chains label, memory says the cover by r s come out after james f version was massive, also wasnt a cover of anderson bros released?

What was the story behind these two releases amongst the more usual releases on this label

Social source share

Thanks for the info.

So I didn't imagine it - phew! Glad to hear someone else had heard the JB rumour. I used to have the other version of "I can see him lovin you" on IX Chains but I sold it to my friend who bought it for an instrumental on the flip side which I think was called "The chain" I seem to remember the cover being very similar to the Anderson Bros version but maybe that is just my fading memory. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the band.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

MIKE H the other version of the anderson brothers was ray dahrouge on polydor around 76,it was re-issued again in 79,i have a 79 12" but i suspect its promo only

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!