Brighouse Ritz Jan 21St

Patto

Last minute decision to go to the ritz as it was my birthday Mrs Patto said she would drive so i could sink a few, to take away the pain of my injured arm.Glad we did most enjoyable Briggy we have been to for a while.Main reason i think was Dave Evison who played a brill set.Spoke to him at the end of the night and he is such a nice bloke with real passion for the scene still after all the years he has been on it back to Torch days. This venue never gets any lookbacks feedback and it deserves more praise as Ginger still has it up there as one of the best soul nights in the country.Mrs Patto likes 70s the best and it was nice to hear Larry Saunders getting a spin

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

The Chris Farlowe track was a bit of a surprise but still kept the floor busy. :lamsey:

Some interesting sounds and really enjoyed the Paula Parfitt track to end the night. I havent heard that track for a long time. :thumbsup:

Mind you anything is better that having to listen to Georgie Fame's version of the Bobby womack classic as the lights go up :thumbup:

Guest Ian 1930

Mrs Ian 1930 and I started going to the Ritz in September after we decided it was time for us to come out of our 'retirement' and start going to events again.

We've enjoyed every night so far (and the mini all dayer in January) but last Friday's was the best to date. Good attendance, good atmosphere and great sounds (not too sure about the Chris Farlowe track, though!). Great also to hear Dave Evison's set - first time I've heard Fat Man at the Go-Go, Ann Perry and The Present for donkey's years! Well done to all involved and we're looking forward to the next night on Feb 18th.

Mrs Ian 1930 and I started going to the Ritz in September after we decided it was time for us to come out of our 'retirement' and start going to events again.

We've enjoyed every night so far (and the mini all dayer in January) but last Friday's was the best to date. Good attendance, good atmosphere and great sounds (not too sure about the Chris Farlowe track, though!). Great also to hear Dave Evison's set - first time I've heard Fat Man at the Go-Go, Ann Perry and The Present for donkey's years! Well done to all involved and we're looking forward to the next night on Feb 18th.

Yes That Butch Baker sounded well.Think there is a general move everywhere to start spinning the legions of forgotten tracks .It always gets a good reaction from the floor when you can dance to something you ain't heard for ages instead of the tired week in week out stuff.Glad to hear your out of retirement Ian 1930,i have been going to the ritz 3 or 4 times a year since it started around 12 years ago.Its had its good times and a few lulls but its contribution to the scene is huge and it maybee doesn't get enough credit and hardly any feedback which is why i started the thread.

Ian n' Patto ... if you like to hear such underplayed oldies come n' visit us at Blackhearts .. you will not be let down ! :thumbsup: we pride ourselves on such ... ps Blackhearts are dj'n at the Harold soul club , 5 mins from brighouse... this Saturday .. come n' say hello :lol:

pete n' susan ktf

post-7477-0-80261900-1295893490_thumb.jp

Source Advert