Heaven In The Afternoon,clitheroe

re,Twisted Wheel Special Sunday 30thJan/"BRILLIANT" is a word often used out of context

in order to make people think they missed out on what was probably an average event.

NOT!!!!! in this case, Once again a fantastic turn out on a very cold

day in Jan. All the D.J.s (me excluded)? did a great job ,keeping the floor full

all day . Big thanks to GINGER,BRIAN(RAE) GEOFF(BUCKLEY).&MALC (JACKSON)

& to Lesley on the door.In my defence?? I did play a lot of my own favourite tunes from the" Wheel" back then(69/70/1(.a month)!)but they just either didnt know them or as it was the first spot didn't want to be first on dancin??

See what you think of My playlist . (in no particular order)

Chubby Checker-You just dont know.

James Carr-Coming back to me baby.

Alexander Paton-A lil'lovin sometime.

Inez & Charlie Fox-Tightrope.

Lester Young-Barefootin in Chinatown.

Donald Height-Talk of the grapevine.

Barbara & Brenda-Never love a robin.

Mitch Ryder- Breakout.

James Carr-A losing game.

Moses & Joshua Dillard-My elusive dreams.

Three caps-Cool Jerk.

Zoot Money -Big time operator.

Percy Sledge-Baby, help me.

Rolando Al-Phoenix City.

Prince Buster-Al Capone.

Otis Redding-Satisfaction.

Deon Jackson-Love makes the world go round.

Otis & Carla-Ooh Otis,Ooh Carla.

Johnnie Taylor-Changes.

Chris Jackson-I'll never forget you.

Oscar Tony jr-Ain't that true love.

Soul Brothers Six-Thank you for lovin me baby.

Troy Keyes-You told your story(top tune)!!!

& I threw in ,the Anglos/Incence

& Jamo thomas-Stop the Baby. Ooh & I finished the night with, Jimmy Radcliffe-Long after tonight is all over.of course.!! WHAT ELSE??

go figure!!! See you all next time ,Steve.

Trying to upload photos, again without success. will keep tryin.

Edited by campagnolo 1
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest alfroggy

Steve Ann Malcolm Leslie...Thanks again for another splendid Sunday Soul Session at the Grand Clitheroe...Top Wheel Tunes..Great Crowd...and like Willie mentioned fantastic Company...Top Spots by all Djs once again...Thanks to all... see you all again very soon...10/10..Froggy & Rita..

Hi Steve, yes i came to one of the early ones, enjoyed , terrific venue, since new year i have been doing back to back Friday/ saturday sessions, Rammy, Padiham , , Masonic/ Birdtrap, Rolls/ Bin lid , add to that 3 grandaughters and a struggling football club to support and imagine the toll it takes on a 60somethings body and mind, even so me and Wendy are coming to pay you visit anytime soon at the GRAND, I'LL BE THE ONE WITH A STOOPED BACK WEARING A CLARET N BLUE ROSETTE. All the best see you soon, R

Yes,Roman point taken!!,maybe you should try running a few less soul nights ,then you could get out and enjoy yourselves more.We're starting a new one at BLACKBURN GOLF CLUB, SAT,12th March .

try & get down!.ooh and sorry i forgot you did come to the "first "one.please give my regards to Wendy.

Edited by campagnolo 1
Guest Malcolm Jackson

Certainly was one of the best Steve. Those records are Twisted Wheel I should know, spent all week studying the Wheel book to make sure my spot was kosher seeing as I was the only 'DJ' who never went . Looking forward to BLACKBURN GOLF CLUB surely another inspired choice. Thanks for a FAB afternoon and as far as your DJ SPOT is concerned legendary springs to mind. Love Malc and Lel xx.

Yes it certainly did live up to its name 'Heaven in the Afternoon' and is a great venue.It was my first time in attendance but was suitably impressed.I hadn't seen Malcolm & Lesley since the Northampton weekender with 'The Impressions',and not seen 'Ginger' since then either.

I went to the 'Twisted Wheel' itself last December where around 750 were in attendance and the music at Clitheroe was just as good (although i was waiting for some Major Lance)

Also in attendance were none other than Mr 'Frank Elson' who i have got to admit that i learnt a lot from his column in Blues & Soul in the 70's and Pat Allan who used to run the Bank Hall Miners Soul do's many years ago......and i have to admit didn't Malcolm look smart..he too wears a suit when deejaying like me !! i am impressed... looking forward to the next one .....February 27th if i can shake off this cold!

Keith G

Source Advert