North Wings

Big thank you to Ian Parker , Spiv and Mick Moylan for filling the floor with 3 very good guest spots last night :thumbsup:

Knowing that we had quite a few friends going to enjoy themselves at the Prestatyn Weekender both me and Pete expected a slight drop in numbers , but the opposite was indeed the case. It turned out to be a very busy evening (on a par with our Anniversary night last month) with the floor still full when the lights came on at 12:40am.

Only downside to the night was when Ian Seaman forgot to order a pastie for himself and when he tried to get one at the end they had all been sold. But being the kind of guy that I am ( and also knowing that Ian wouldn't make it back to Grantham without food ) I gave him one of mine :yes:

Looking forward to next month already when we have for your entertainment Bridgey . Tezza and oh , a certain Mr Ian Seaman who I believe has already put a bulk pastie order in :D

All the best

Steve B

Edited by krawen2
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Big thank you to Ian Parker , Spiv and Mick Moylan for filling the floor with 3 very good guest spots last night :thumbsup:

Knowing that we had quite a few friends going to enjoy themselves at the Prestatyn Weekender both me and Pete expected a slight drop in numbers , but the opposite was indeed the case. It turned out to be a very busy evening (on a par with our Anniversary night last month) with the floor still full when the lights came on at 12:40am.

Only downside to the night was when Ian Seaman forgot to order a pastie for himself and when he tried to get one at the end they had all been sold. But being the kind of guy that I am ( and also knowing that Ian wouldn't make it back to Grantham without food ) I gave him one of mine :(

Looking forward to next month already when we have for your entertainment Bridgey . Tezza and oh , a certain Mr Ian Seaman who I believe has already put a bulk pastie order in :D

All the best

Steve B

Just like to echo what Steve B as said great night with a very friendly atmosphere

nice to see some old familiar faces from Annesley :yes:

Guest RICTIC
:D aup steve& pete , wot a stonkin nite of northern soul all djs played to the crowd and the dance floor full alnite ,top nite ktf rictic :thumbsup:

Yes another brilliant night at the now legendary NORTH WINGS,all dj's were absoloutley spot on,could'nt belive how busy it was considering Prestatyn was on,well done guys,looking forward to next month when me old mate Tezza is on,mind you never been to a bad one yet.:D KTF Gigs

THANKYOU Steve & Pete for inviting me along to play an hour of tunes. What an amazing night - classics, forgotten oldies, 70's............. etc etc! Didi Noel 'let the music play' was a delight to spin, i swear i've not heard that played out since the late 70's. i'll see if i can dig a few more out like it.

Full ? indeed it was. A great club with hosts who certainly know how to put on a fantastic night! :hatsoff2: . lookin forward to next month already.

IAN & Debbie

Great night and thought all the DJ's did a great job, well done to Mr Parker for playing a blinder of underplayed stuff and a good mix of dance floor rammers, me old mate Spiv kept it going with some rare classics and more dance floor faves despite the fact when he goes on he looks like he's about to play motorhead :thumbsup::lol: , nicely rounded off by Mick Moylan & Pete Taylor which made for a cracker of a night and well surprised to see a full house and some young blood on the dance floor !!

thanks for the pastie Steve unfortunatly it only lasted me till the kebab shop in Wingfield :D where a large donner was on the menu, mind you most of it is in the dog now and boy does he stink this morning :( , if Crufts had a farting category we'd be talking gold star here laugh.gif

see you all in April, oh & did i mention it's my birthday on the 8th :hatsoff2:

Cheers, Ian & Loz(Vals sister) :lol:

Guest Grumpy

Hi Pete/Steve,

Yes what a great night as always at North Wings.

It started with Ian Parker doing a great set, keeping the dance floor busy & Spiv also delivering the goods,

you can't go wrong with 2 good DJ's like that.

I couldn't believe how many soulies were in, with the week-ender in wales being on, and how many go to that.

Well done you guys for putting on a great Soul-Night.

As I've said before what a brilliant night. :hatsoff2:

Mick Moylan.

Great night and thought all the DJ's did a great job, well done to Mr Parker for playing a blinder of underplayed stuff and a good mix of dance floor rammers, me old mate Spiv kept it going with some rare classics and more dance floor faves despite the fact when he goes on he looks like he's about to play motorhead :thumbsup::lol: , nicely rounded off by Mick Moylan & Pete Taylor which made for a cracker of a night and well surprised to see a full house and some young blood on the dance floor !!

thanks for the pastie Steve unfortunatly it only lasted me till the kebab shop in Wingfield :D where a large donner was on the menu, mind you most of it is in the dog now and boy does he stink this morning :( , if Crufts had a farting category we'd be talking gold star here laugh.gif

see you all in April, oh & did i mention it's my birthday on the 8th :hatsoff2:

Cheers, Ian & Loz(Vals sister) :lol:

The pastie was an early birthday pressie then Ian :(

Hi Pete/Steve,

Yes what a great night as always at North Wings.

It started with Ian Parker doing a great set, keeping the dance floor busy & Spiv also delivering the goods,

you can't go wrong with 2 good DJ's like that.

I couldn't believe how many soulies were in, with the week-ender in wales being on, and how many go to that.

Well done you guys for putting on a great Soul-Night.

As I've said before what a brilliant night. :hatsoff2:

Mick Moylan.

Glad you enjoyed it Mick ( it made the night even better with the Rams winning too :lol: )

Don't forget to sort me that record out when you get round to it :thumbsup:

See you both in Skeggy

Steve B

funny thing is Steve the tune that sticks in my mind, wasent an R&B tune, think you or Pete played it was isley brothers- thats the way love is,dont remember hearing it for a generation or so :hatsoff2: great tune

Bazza

Edited by Bazza

Hi y'all,

Awesome night, never fails to brighten up the weekend. All the DJs were excellent. Special big up for Ian P, stunning spot with some stuff that's not been played Since I was in my 40s - wow, that far back. Didi Noel will be with me til I hear it again. See you next. Month, a lot to live up to !!!

funny thing is Steve the tune that sticks in my mind, wasent an R&B tune, think you or Pete played it was isley brothers- thats the way love is,dont remember hearing it for a generation or so :) great tune

Bazza

Pete played that one Bazza when we were double decking early doors but here's a few I spun from my side of the decks

HE'S A STRANGE ONE / DENISE GERMAINE ( ABC PARAMOUNT DEMO )

ALONE WITH NO LOVE / ROCK CANDY ( DONTEE )

AM I FALLING IN LOVE / MAXINE BROWN ( ABC PARAMOUNT )

SO BLUE ( WITHOUT YOU ) / JOE MURPHY ( VIVID )

YOU'VE GOT THE LOVE / LITTLE ROSE LITTLE ( ROULETTE DEMO )

MY SWEET BABY / RICHETTA OSBOURN ( BLUE RIVER )

WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL ( INSTRUMENTAL ) / DAVE HAMILTON

BABY CAKES / LORETTA WILLIAMS ( JOTIS )

PERCOLATIN' / WILLIE MITCHELL ( HI DEMO )

LET ME KNOW / JIMMY LEWIS ( MINIT DEMO )

PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK / EDDIE REGAN ( ABC PARAMOUNT DEMO )

DETERMINATION / DEAN PARRISH ( STATESIDE )

A TOUCH OF VELVET-A STING OF BRASS / THE MOOD - MOSAIC ( COLUMBIA )

I'LL BE SATISFIED / TEMPTATIONS ( UNISSUED )

LONELY, LONELY GIRL AM I / VELVELETTES ( V.I.P. )

All the best

Steve B

Guest rayskim

Great night really enjoyed it. Could not get Bones off the floor thought we may have to carry him home but he managed.

Nice sets played by all, Love Spiv, he always delivers, really enjoyed Ian P's set and Mick, what can I say a blinder as usual.

Thank you for a really good time, see you next month.

Great night really enjoyed it. Could not get Bones off the floor thought we may have to carry him home but he managed.

Nice sets played by all, Love Spiv, he always delivers, really enjoyed Ian P's set and Mick, what can I say a blinder as usual.

Thank you for a really good time, see you next month.

Thanks for the positive feed back , glad you enjoyed it :hatsoff2:

If you like Spiv and Mick Moylan you can catch them both at the Hilcote Soul Nights ( as Mick runs it and Spiv is the resident dj there)

Not sure when the next one is though but I'm sure Mick will enlighten us :lol:

All the best

Steve B

Guest Grumpy

Thanks for that Steve,

The next Soul Night at HILCOTE MINERS WELFARE is on

FRIDAY APRIL 29th our guest DJ is CRESSY

It's the same day as the ROYAL WEDDING,

so what better way to celebrate the Wedding,

than coming to Hilcote and dance the Night away. :thumbsup:

Edited by Grumpy

Guest RICTIC

just like to say i am 100% against glyn williams atempt to cash in on everything i ever worked for in building alfreton ,he has no right what so ever in doing what he is doing ,think back or have you all got short memorys

angry.gif wots alfreton got to do with north wings thread eeerrrr :thumbup:

Source Advert