Alfreton All-Dayer

• Replies 56
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys posted this to Facebook and didn't notice the thread.

Nice one Glynne ,From my point of view you had done everything right ,great sound system ,great venue ,top DJ Line up . As soon as you entered the room there was that Buzz which has been lost at so many venues. I have to say that you treated us very fairly , we have reviewed what we do with regard to some venues and particularly the larger venues and weekenders whom seem to want to charge traders more than top dollar to stand in difficult times,it is my opinion that its just a numbers game for some promoters and not about the soul.Well done Glynne for pushing the boat ,trying something different you deserve a pat on the back.

The numbers were the only real issue at alfreton , had there been an additional 150-200 people all the teething issues would have pailed into insignificance.

Difficult to understand where you are coming from with that post. The Sound System was atrocious, constantly buzzing and loads of feedback. Not to hear that you must have been outside at the Scram Van. Big up for the effort to get Alfreton back on the map bur as a punter ( not a trader who may be edging there bets ) there was nothing 'different' to be found here, quite the contrary. As you said, big up for the effort but please, take off the Rose tinted glasses and smell the stuff they grow in. v

Maybe next time and let's hope nexttime, they will have learnt a lesson and

As I was saying, let's hope there is a next time and lessons learnt. As Coops said earlier, don't give up. Although I criticized the day I attended and would do again. Just that some people can't say anything without wanting to hurt someone's feelings. If we don't tell the truth or accept it as constructive criticism then we are are doomed to ultimate failure.

KTF - we all know what that means don't we ???

Sorry got to disagree with you re the sound system ,yes there was an issue with one of the decks which was sorted within what I believe was ten minutes with a replacement deck being flown in from ripley. Perhaps i was enjoying myself too much to notice .Lessons have been learned I believe but having spoken to Glynne I don't think there will be a next time which is a big crying shame as he had bent over backwards to try and please ,not just your take it or leave it attitude.back in the 70s we just went out and had a great time listened and danced to the music soul music ,there were no forums for us to down every attempt at something a little out of the ordinary. Tezza it's not cause you is from chessi is it ?

Ad for edging my bets absolutely no chance ,we say it as it is ,on this occasion I think Glynne deserves a pat on the back.

snapback.pngXSS, on , said:

THIS NEED PUTTING ON SOUL NIGHT LOOKBACKS NOT ON SOUL EVENTS :lol:

CHEERS SAM EVANS XXX

Down to someone to start a thread there Sam (unless someone already has).

Not like the nighter / weekender forum where they are moved across automatically (well not really automatic as I do it :thumbsup: ).