Pilsley Soul Sat 2Nd April - 9Th Anniversary

Pilsley Soul at Pilsley Miners Welfare

Lower Pilsley

Nr Chesterfield (off junction 29 M1)

S45 8DB

Saturday 2nd April 2011 8 pm - 1am(ish) £3.50otd Very cheap bar plus large car park.

This month we are celebrating our 9th Anniversary, all sorts of things have happened in that time, ups and downs but we are still here

and going from strength to strength, now a totally across the board venue.

Full house of residents for the anniversary - Andy Jones, Alan Rigby, Andy Barker & Barry Cooper plus our special guest MOLDIE

Free CD for the night.

Barry

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lower Pilsley

S45 8DB

Saturday 2nd April 2011 8 pm - 1am(ish) £3.50otd Very cheap bar plus large car park.

This month we are celebrating our 9th Anniversary, all sorts of things have happened in that time, ups and downs but we are still here

Full house of residents for the anniversary - Andy Jones, Alan Rigby, Andy Barker & Barry Cooper plus our special guest MOLDIE

Free CD for the night.

Barry

Yes Barry (and Pam of course), 9 years old and still going strong. :hatsoff2: Wouldn't miss it for the world. A celebration of the last 50 or so years of the music we love best.

I know Moldie buys into the fully across the board "something for everyone" ethic that's been created at Pilsley and by the steady increase in numbers a lot of other people do as well. Looking forward to catching up with Moldie again and I'm sure all the other residents will be playing all your favourites and some new and different sounds to keep your feet moving on the dancefloor.

All this and more on the ninth anniversary and all for only a snip at £3.50 (with a free CD).

Looking forward to a celebration with old friends and very hopefully some new ones.

Andy & Jo :thumbsup:

Lower Pilsley

S45 8DB

Free CD for the night.

Barry

well barry i gotta say pilsley just gets better and better...great venue and sound system..very cheap bar and always a FULL CRUMPET BOX

looking fwd to spinning a few tunes as i get to play a bit of everything..no music policy just original vinyl and soulful

i have a few mates coming up for this one so im sure we can all provide them with a great night

any idea of track listing for the cd?

regards moldie

Yes Barry (and Pam of course), 9 years old and still going strong. :yes: Wouldn't miss it for the world. A celebration of the last 50 or so years of the music we love best.

HI ANDY..PAM IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE PILSLEY SET UP....HER VERY WARM WELCOME COULD MELT THE POLAR ICE CAP

I know Moldie buys into the fully across the board "something for everyone" ethic that's been created at Pilsley and by the steady increase in numbers a lot of other people do as well.

ITS WHAT MAKES ME WANT TO KEEP COMING BACK

Looking forward to catching up with Moldie again

LIKEWISE

and I'm sure all the other residents will be playing all your favourites and some new and different sounds to keep your feet moving on the dancefloor.

ITS GREAT TO SEE THE PILSLEY CROWD DANCE TO THE THINGS THEY KNOW AND LOVE PLUS THE THINGS THEY DONT

All this and more on the ninth anniversary and all for only a snip at £3.50 (with a free CD).

WELL WORTH THE ENTRANCE MONEY

Looking forward to a celebration with old friends and very hopefully some new ones.

SAME HERE

Andy & Jo :D

ATB MOLDIE

well barry i gotta say pilsley just gets better and better...great venue and sound system..very cheap bar and always a FULL CRUMPET BOX

looking fwd to spinning a few tunes as i get to play a bit of everything..no music policy just original vinyl and soulful

i have a few mates coming up for this one so im sure we can all provide them with a great night

any idea of track listing for the cd?

regards moldie

Looking forward to having you with us for the anniversary Moldie, working on the CD tracks, a case of work in progress (fingers crossed)

Barry

Hopefully we can both be there for this anniversary. Too many oldies and its boring, too much modern and it becomes monotenous, too many rarities and you begin to lose quality, too much crossover and the tempo needs changing. Where do you get all the different generes of soul and more, why Pilsley of course. It serves up just the right mixture to keep it both interesting and soulfull. Top night with top soulfull jocks who know their music. This should definetly be on your wants list if you have a flexible soul. See ya soon. Paul & Ann

Hopefully we can both be there for this anniversary. Too many oldies and its boring, too much modern and it becomes monotenous, too many rarities and you begin to lose quality, too much crossover and the tempo needs changing. Where do you get all the different generes of soul and more, why Pilsley of course. It serves up just the right mixture to keep it both interesting and soulfull. Top night with top soulfull jocks who know their music. This should definetly be on your wants list if you have a flexible soul. See ya soon. Paul & Ann

Hi Paul & Ann

Hope you can make the anniversary, working on the CD that will show the true range of soulfull tunes we play at Pilsley.

Barry & Pam

Hi Paul & Ann

Hope you can make the anniversary, working on the CD that will show the true range of soulfull tunes we play at Pilsley.

Barry & Pam

That will go nicely with my other Pilsley compilations. I'm sure whatever you decide to go with Barry will be just up our street. Pilsley just the place to forget those post match blues which seem to effect me just about every saturday these days..

superb post and oh so true yes.gif

atb moldie

this week is really dragging

you sorted running order yet barry?

atb moldie

ps..get those requests coming in

here you go Moldie

8pm - 9pm.................... Andy Jones

9pm - 10pm...................Alan Rigby

10pm - 11pm..................MOLDIE

11pm - 12pm..................Andy Barker

12pm - 1am...................Barry Cooper.

Ps I have one request......................................Forest to beat dirty Leeds this Saturday.

Barry

here you go Moldie

Ps I have one request......................................Forest to beat dirty Leeds this Saturday.

Barry

cant wait..thanks for inviting me barry.....its gonna be a great night with that line up

you finnished cds?

forest need a win..its been a while

atb moldie

Hi Barry and Pam thumbsup.gif

Really looking forward to saturday night.

In Warrington till 4 so should make it with time to spare.

As usual a few interesting tunes to play..................

Andy and Sheila

i shall look fwd to hearing them andy

regards moldie

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Barry and Pam

Free CD !!! Yes we'll be there !!!lol :thumbsup:

And if Alan and Karen have recovered from our Wales Adventure !!:yes:

then we'll be picking em up enroute as normal.......

So onto the night, brilliant line up, the residents always hit the spot so i'd

better fill up on the Ibuprofen before I take the dance floor by storm, as the legs took

2 days to recover from Moldies storming set the last time we heard him !!! lol

Moldie, My request is Bobby valentin - use it before you lose it please....

Well see you all there,

Ali n Clint

Ps I have one further request.........................Forest to drag out a draw with plenty of RED cards against the dirty Leeds this Saturday. (We may need a little help on Good Friday Barry !! ) And the Mighty Leicester to beat the Boro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Hi Barry and Pam

Free CD !!! Yes we'll be there !!!lol :thumbsup:

And if Alan and Karen have recovered from our Wales Adventure !!:yes:

better fill up on the Ibuprofen before I take the dance floor by storm, as the legs took

Well see you all there,

Ali n Clint

Ps I have one further request.........................Forest to drag out a draw with plenty of RED cards against the dirty Leeds this Saturday. (We may need a little help on Good Friday Barry !! ) And the Mighty Leicester to beat the Boro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Ahh Ali & Clint (the walkers crisp folk)

Yes we hope Alan has recovered,need him for his spot, not as young as he used to be you know, still that can be said for a few of us :yes:, I think Forest and Leic have blown it for this year, but would be nice to get one over DIRTY Leeds, you should beat the Boro.

Yes looks like a good night again at Pilsley, will be playing some old & new favorites, look forward to seeing you both.

Barry and Pam

Hi Barry and Pam

Free CD !!! Yes we'll be there !!!lol :hatsoff2:

DOES THAT MEAN YOU WOULDNT BOTHER IF THERE WAS NO FREE CD?

And if Alan and Karen have recovered from our Wales Adventure !!:thumbsup:

OMG..YOU BEEN PESTERING THOSE POOR SHEEP?

I MUST ADMIT PLAYING THE OKEY COKEY WAS A MASTER STROKE

OK ILL GIVE IT A SPIN..JUST FOR YOU LOLOL

Well see you all there,

Ali n Clint

ATB MOLDIE

here you go Moldie

Barry

Hi Barry

All the best for your 9th anniversary i remember being there once when the telegraph poll was hit..............u reds................hope we win :hatsoff2: + 8 more,

Regards Mal...................:thumbsup:

Hi Barry

All the best for your 9th anniversary i remember being there once when the telegraph poll was hit..............u reds................hope we win :hatsoff2: + 8 more,

Regards Mal...................:thumbsup:

Thanks Mal, was that when Rob Smith was on one New Years Day?? time flyes hey, the tricky trees need to improve, fingers crossed.

Barry

Hi Barry

Yes we're back from Wales ok, so no comments about sheep, Thank you!!!! :thumbsup:

So Barry, 9th Anniversary on Saturday, where have those years gone?? ohmy.gif

We've had some cracking nights at Pilsley over the years, both musically & socially, and I'm sure Saturday will be no different.

Really looking forward to playing a few tunes & catching up with yourself & guest MOLDIE on the night.

50 years of SOUL packed into 5 hours - Can't be bad :hatsoff2:

ATB

Alan & Karen

Hi Barry

Yes we're back from Wales ok, so no comments about sheep, Thank you!!!! :D

THE ONLY SHEEP I LIKE IS ON MY DINNER PLATE

So Barry, 9th Anniversary on Saturday, where have those years gone?? :D

PAM DOESNT LOOK ANY OLDER...I THINK SHES BEEN SWIMMING IN THE FOUNTAIN OF YOU

We've had some cracking nights at Pilsley over the years, both musically & socially, and I'm sure Saturday will be no different.

IVE REALLY ENJOYED THE ONES IVE BEEN TO..WISH ID FOUND THIS EVENT YRS AGO

Really looking forward to playing a few tunes & catching up with yourself & guest MOLDIE on the night.

LIKEWISE ALAN

50 years of SOUL packed into 5 hours - Can't be bad :hatsoff2:

AND ILL BE PLAYING SOME TUNES FROM EVERY DECADE

ATB

Alan & Karen

REGARDS MOLDIE

talking of cds having a major clear out at home due to mother in law moving in sad.gif so will be offloading a few cds anyone interested let me know. there mainly old pilsly a few barrowby and various others from around this area . if you let me know what you want i could run a few more off friday evening . oh no cost involved thumbsup.gif

talking of cds having a major clear out at home due to mother in law moving in sad.gif so will be offloading a few cds anyone interested let me know. there mainly old pilsly a few barrowby and various others from around this area . if you let me know what you want i could run a few more off friday evening . oh no cost involved thumbsup.gif

ill be up for some more cds...same as last time..ill get your admission....regards moldie

Blimey John your taking me back, where did you get the Barrowby ones from, funny enough I only have the 1st, 7th & 8th copies of Pilsley so I will have copies of the others please.

thanks

Barry

Well all systems are go, CD's are done, at last, a trip over to Skeggy tonight to do a spot there, then Saturday, watch the match then Moldie coming over in the afternoon, suppose better give him a cuppa :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Pilsley nine years and counting, we will be playing some of those early years favorites along with some of the favorites of today, we always play a good mix of tunes at Pilsley from the sixties to right up to date.

Hope to see some of you there.

Barry

Well all systems are go, CD's are done, at last, a trip over to Skeggy tonight to do a spot there, then Saturday, watch the match then Moldie coming over in the afternoon, suppose better give him a cuppa :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Pilsley nine years and counting, we will be playing some of those early years favorites along with some of the favorites of today, we always play a good mix of tunes at Pilsley from the sixties to right up to date.

Barry

Hi Barry

I'm on my way out East (Spalding) in an hour for a birthday party. Back on Saturday for Pilsley though.

Hope you have plenty of BAD luck for the match and then I'll see you on Saturday night for the anniversary.

Andy

LOOKS LIKE AN ACTION PACKED WEEKEND..I ONLY DRINK TEA IF BISCUITS ARE AVAILABLE

SOUNDS GREAT TO ME

Barry

REGARDS MOLDIE

Hi Bar,ry the man in black will be there,looking forward to a great night

Bazza

we dont need a referee......will you have any milk tray with you?

atb moldie

Source Advert