Pilsley Soul 9Th Anniversary

Was so disappointed following the Forest defeat to dirty Leeds, even had Andy Barker when we were setting up calling out on the mike 4-1 4-1 him being a Leeds fan an all :thumbsup:

But what was to follow more than made up for that defeat, Moldie came over late afternoon to help me load and take the equipment over to Pilsley which is a hour away from us (top man) but not before we had a bite to eat with Pam. Left a tad late but got to the venue about 6.45pm,set up along with Andy Barker, bit quiet to start.... umm you think could it be one of those nights, well no need to worry place started to fill, and kept filling, numbers were great over 100 turned up which set the night up for a great atmosphere.

All the residents filling the floor with tunes from across the decades as we do at Pilsley, Moldie our guest for the night spun some great tunes and had the floor packed as normal with anything from R&B to modern.

Great night, super atmosphere which made a great 9th Anniversary.

Thanks to all those have supported over the years, a very special thanks to our residents DJ's ANDY JONES, ALAN RIGBY & ANDY BARKER for their help & support.

Barry

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was so disappointed following the Forest defeat to dirty Leeds, even had Andy Barker when we were setting up calling out on the mike 4-1 4-1 him being a Leeds fan an all :D:(

IM NOT SURE WHERE HE GOT THAT IDEA FROM BARRY

But what was to follow more than made up for that defeat, Moldie came over and had a bite to eat with Pam & myself.

IT WAS A GOURMET MEAL IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN...PAM AND BARRY ARE THE PERFECT HOSTS

Left a tad late but got to the venue about 6.45pm,set up along with Andy Barker, bit quiet to start.... umm you think could it be one of those nights, well no need to worry place started to fill, and kept filling, numbers were great over 100 turned up which set the night up for a great atmosphere.

A SUPERB NIGHT INDEED....AND A TRULY GREAT MIX OF TUNES :thumbsup:

All the residents filling the floor with tunes from across the decades as we do at Pilsley, Moldie our guest for the night spun some great tunes and had the floor packed as normal with anything from R&B to modern.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME LOOSE BARRY...AN HOUR SPOT AND THEN ENDING THE NIGHT DBL DECKING WITH YOU..A REAL HONOUR

AND HERES TO THE NEXT NINE :yes:

Thanks to all those have supported over the years, a very special thanks to our residents DJ's ANDY JONES, ALAN RIGBY & ANDY BARKER for their help & support.

THEY TRULY DESERVE IT BARRY...ALL ROUND TOP BLOKES AND ALL BRINGING SOMETHING TO THE EVENT

Barry

REGARDS MOLDIE

Edited by Guest

Was so disappointed following the Forest defeat to dirty Leeds, even had Andy Barker when we were setting up calling out on the mike 4-1 4-1 him being a Leeds fan an all :D :D

Always knew Andy Barker had good taste in music but didn't realise he also had good taste in football teams! Didn't know he was one of us! Well done that man! :thumbsup: Well done those Beeston Boys! MOT! :yes:

Was so disappointed following the Forest defeat to dirty Leeds, even had Andy Barker when we were setting up calling out on the mike 4-1 4-1 him being a Leeds fan an all :thumbsup::(

But what was to follow more than made up for that defeat, Moldie came over and had a bite to eat with Pam & myself.

Left a tad late but got to the venue about 6.45pm,set up along with Andy Barker, bit quiet to start.... umm you think could it be one of those nights, well no need to worry place started to fill, and kept filling, numbers were great over 100 turned up which set the night up for a great atmosphere.

Barry

What a great night. I'm still buzzing, if a little tired.

Thanks to Barry and Pam for the last nine years and hope there are many more to come. Thanks to Moldie for making the long trip up from the south coast to be with us again. He didn't disappoint with some top tunes played as usual.

All in all a great anniversary night with over 100 people attending and lots of new faces which is very pleasing. Looking forward to another year and I'm sure Andy, Alan and myself will be supporting Barry and Pam all the way.

Next month is a residents night on 7th May so come and join us if you like your soul music across the board because there's "something for everyone" at Pilsley.

Andy & Jo

BARRY, JUST GOT TO SAY WHAT A GREAT NIGHT WE HAD ON SATURDAY, MOLDIE DOES WHAT MOLDIE DOES, BUT EVERY DJ PLAYED SOME GREAT TUNES, KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOIN. BOB & CAROLE

Thanks Bob, good to see you as always, a true across the board night, still it has to be or Carole would soon be up to the decks telling me off :thumbsup:, gonna try and get over to Ibstock soon,can't make May so could be this month.

Barry & Pam

Hi Barry & Pam

Well done on your 9th Anniversary Night at Pilsley. :thumbsup:

Had a great time as always with Karen, Ali & Clint :hatsoff2:

Nice to see that numbers are on the rise and all there seemed to enjoy the full range of music styles played. :hatsoff2:

Keep it going mate.

ATB

Alan & Karen

What a great night. I'm still buzzing, if a little tired.

likewise andy

Thanks to Barry and Pam for the last nine years and hope there are many more to come

here here.

Thanks to Moldie for making the long trip up from the south coast to be with us again. He didn't disappoint with some top tunes played as usual.

cheers andy..its always worth the long trip

All in all a great anniversary night with over 100 people attending and lots of new faces which is very pleasing. Looking forward to another year and I'm sure Andy, Alan and myself will be supporting Barry and Pam all the way.

i know for sure barry and pam appreciate all your effots in taking pilsley soul forward

Next month is a residents night on 7th May so come and join us if you like your soul music across the board because there's "something for everyone" at Pilsley.

this will be another packer and the music is sure to appeal to everyone

Andy & Jo

atb moldie

some pics from the night

post-18760-0-75423700-1301943566_thumb.j

post-18760-0-44193100-1301943609_thumb.j

post-18760-0-03130400-1301943763_thumb.j

Edited by Guest

have to agree with all posts about pilsley i thought it was one of the best nights ive had at pilsley and there has been some good ones the last nine years ! also like bob i would like playlists please . see you next month when we will be continuing our promotion party thumbsup.gif

BARRY, JUST GOT TO SAY WHAT A GREAT NIGHT WE HAD ON SATURDAY, MOLDIE DOES WHAT MOLDIE DOES, BUT EVERY DJ PLAYED SOME GREAT TUNES, KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOIN. BOB & CAROLE

whats that bob? annoy ppl..moan,whinge,whine and walk about all night taking pics? :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

imvho every dj played out of there skin to ensure everyone had a great night..totally across the board mix

regards moldie

have to agree with all posts about pilsley i thought it was one of the best nights ive had at pilsley and there has been some good ones the last nine years ! also like bob i would like playlists please . see you next month when we will be continuing our promotion party thumbsup.gif

i totally agree john...thanks again for the cds :thumbsup:

atb moldie

Been waiting for this thread to be started as we did'nt make it Saturday. Had a late phone call from the daughter in law asking us to baby sit. Ann has asked me to say were really sorry but family has to come first. Not as sorry as I am as we obviously missed another great ATB night. I need to make an appointment with Andy as I did'nt realise he was a Weeds fan, I thought you were from Derby or somewhere whats all this dribble about Weeds? Anyway after all that glad you all had a great night and looking forawrd to see the playlists so I can see what we missed. Paul & Ann

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Fantasico - Wonderful - Brilliant - Superb - Friendly - Fun filled

Just a few of the words ill be expressing after yet again another awesome night at Pilsley

Didnt stop smiling or Dancing from the moment we got in...yes.gif

All the DJ sets were spot on.... as im sure those in the know, will vouch for, cos I for one

I dont pretend I do know, :lol: but that dance floor was busy all night, proving that something

was played for all to enjoy.

Been attending Pilsley for as long as I can remember and Saturday nights Anniversary was a

true celebration of the hard work and commitment of Barry, Pam and ALL the Resident DJs

right that was all the good stuff....

Now onto the other note !!! Hinge and Bracket !!!! :rolleyes:

may we add in our defence !!! that it was at the end of the night after 4 hours dancing !!!

no wonder we looked like a pair of old grannys Oh I am one !!!!!! lol

Loved the banter all night long, poor Barry you took lots of stick

Great fun with great people....

Ali (aka hinge) and Clint x

Fantasico - Wonderful - Brilliant - Superb - Friendly - Fun filled

STOP TALKING ABOUT ME LIKE THAT

Just a few of the words ill be expressing after yet again another awesome night at Pilsley

Didnt stop smiling or Dancing from the moment we got in...:lol:

All the DJ sets were spot on.... as im sure those in the know, will vouch for, cos I for one

I dont pretend I do know, :lol: but that dance floor was busy all night, proving that something

was played for all to enjoy.

Been attending Pilsley for as long as I can remember and Saturday nights Anniversary was a

true celebration of the hard work and commitment of Barry, Pam and ALL the Resident DJs

right that was all the good stuff....

Now onto the other note !!! Hinge and Bracket !!!! :rolleyes:

I WAS GONNA CALL YOU STAEDTLER AND WALDORFmay we add in our defence !!! that it was at the end of the night after 4 hours dancing !!!

no wonder we looked like a pair of old grannys Oh I am one !!!!!! lol

Loved the banter all night long, poor Barry you took lots of stick

Great fun with great people....

Ali (aka hinge) and Clint x

NICE TO SEE YOU BOTH..IM GLAD CLINT THINK IM THE NUMBER ONE laugh.gif

HERES A FEW PICS FROM THE NIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PouU-9_RtIc

What a great night - start to finish - even the cd :D:yes::D

must agree with all the comments above!

Looking forward to next month already :thumbsup:

Andy and Sheila

Playlist not quite in order