Soulful 45S - Great Little List

Afternoon all.

Nice little soulful list below - Sound files in the usual places (Refo / Manship etc) . PM to reserve.

P&P £1.50 up to 3 45s. Overseas PM first. Paypal as gift thanks. Full refund if not happy. Thanks for looking!

1. Rance Allen - Reasons To Survive (Capitol) EX £25

(Mizell produced magic on one of the most under-rated groups to come out of the 70s. Evergreen popular & incredibly soulful 45.) SOLD

2. Big John Hamilton - Free Me / I Got To Get Myself Somebody (Minaret) EX £8

(Perfect southern double sided soulfulness from again a vastly overlooked artist)

3. The Perfections - Don't Take Your Love From Me (Drumhead) EX £20

(Lovely detroit sweet n very soulful group side - very slight label lift/peel on edge. Nothing major at all)

4. Pete Cooke - I Won't Cry / Little Darlin (Dimension) EX £10

(Tremendous Gene Redd prod. deep side -sounds a tinsy bit like Sam Cooke with severe laryngitis! - backed with nice R&B dancer)

5. Bettye Swann - Victim Of A Foolish Heart / Cold Day In Hell (Altantic) EX £8

(Her post Money output is fast becoming some of my favourite music. 2 Upbeat mid Fame Muscle Shoals recorded sides. Lovely stuff)

6. Howard Tate - Keep Cool / Strugglin (Atlantic) EX £10

(A side definately keeps cool! Nice slightly funky tinged soul. Flip is a great ballad almost reflecting his own life. 2 nice over looked sides)

7. Tomorows Promise - Your Sweet Your Fine Your Everything / I'm Gonna Give It To You (Capitol) EX £15

(KILLER sweet soul. Brilliant side)

8. Sidney Joe Qualls - Where The Lillies Grow / I'm Being Held Hostage (Dakar) EX £10

(Chicago soulful perfection. Can't recommend this cracking double helping of Windy City 70s soul highly enough.) SOLD

9. Sir Mack Rice - It's Alright / You Can't Lose (Mercury W/D) EX £20

(More chicago magic from Burgess Gardner & Monk Higgins. Cool Rhythm & soul which seems to be popular.)

10. Milt Matthews - Me + You + Love / Oh I Can't Believe Your Gone (H&L) EX £15

(The one of his on H&L you dont see that often. Super soulful hands in the air 70s dancer. Great flip too! Highly recc. all his H&L sides) SOLD

11. King Floyd - Learning To Forget You / Can You Dig It (Dial) EX £8

(2 x Magical Buddy Killen prod. nashville soul sides from this brilliant artist )

12. Natural High - That's Why / Whole World Is Dancing (Malaco) EX £40

(Much rarer issue with the great 'That's Why' side. Has gone for mucho more in the past. Terrific side from a legendary label)

Thats all folks and thanks for looking. Listen to all sides in Refosoul/Manship!

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!